Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Online Service Manuals

http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Analogman2 wrote:

http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?

I dislike sellers, who give neither address nor phone on their sites.
To me this implies that they have reason to fear visitors.
A whois-query for service-manual.net gives

Registrant:
TimMartin
2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US

Domain name: SERVICE-MANUAL.NET

Administrative Contact:
Martin, Tim
2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US
+1.8602931478
Technical Contact:
Martin, Tim

2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US
+1.8602931478

Wether you send 12$s into space is up to you. Even if you get a
recommendation, the quality of the pdf-file may be different the
next time.

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 24, 7:06*am, Heinz Schmitz wrote:
Analogman2 wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I agree and decide not to buy from there. I 99.999% stay away
from places who "HIDE" information. I did buy what I needed elsewhere
for a few bucks more.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Analogman2 wrote:
[...]

Thats a somewhat jaded view of online sellers. If you put a telephone
number on a website and you are running the business from home you are
likely to get calls all hours of the day and night from international
buyers. Similarly if he's running the business from home he may not want
to broadcast his home address across the web. If the site owner above
had wanted to "hide" his identity he could have used proxy website
registration information like a number of manual vendors. Using a bit of
common sense and whois can easily sort the good from the bad, and you
can tell by emailing the guy if he is interested in providing a good
service or not. (No, its not my website)JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:06=A0am, Heinz Schmitz wrote:
Analogman2 wrote:
http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?

I dislike sellers, who give neither address nor phone on their sites.
To me this implies that they have reason to fear visitors.
A whois-query for service-manual.net gives

Registrant:
=A0TimMartin
=A02334 Albany Avenue
=A0Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0US

=A0Domain name: SERVICE-MANUAL.NET

=A0Administrative Contact:
=A0 =A0 Martin, Tim
=A0 =A0 2334 Albany Avenue
=A0 =A0 Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0 =A0 US
=A0 =A0 +1.8602931478
=A0Technical Contact:
=A0 =A0 Martin, Tim
=A0 =A0 2334 Albany Avenue
=A0 =A0 Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0 =A0 US
=A0 =A0 +1.8602931478

Wether you send 12$s into space is up to you. Even if you get a
recommendation, the quality of the pdf-file may be different the
next time.

Regards,
H.

Thanks, I agree and decide not to buy from there. I 99.999% stay away
from places who "HIDE" information. I did buy what I needed elsewhere
for a few bucks more.

I also try to stay away, because when I look up sites I often are just looking for a telephone
number or are filling out paper work I must have. I also buy according to location, and
need to know what time of day it is. A very long time ago I made up a txt to send to
loony sites.....

I think I will make this a standard page so I can send to any web site
that seems lacking in one way or another.

I must have found a problem with your Web page.

I may have been looking for your phone number, in which case I find many Web sites
try to hide phone numbers. When I look up a companies Web site, I most often am looking
for their PHONE number, so I can CALL them.

In many cases their site may not be Netscape compatable, or have no Webmaster,
or HIDE the webmaster.

I also am looking for a quick address so I can either fill out a requisition,
or know what time it is for phone numbers given.

Its very easy to impliment the 3 most basic web site functions, NAME,
PHONE , ADDRESS, and WEBMASTER.

I also find many sites that have problems with their parts search. When I enter a part
number 9 times out of 10 I get NOT FOUND.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Archon wrote:

Thats a somewhat jaded view of online sellers. If you put a telephone
number on a website and you are running the business from home you are
likely to get calls all hours of the day and night from international
buyers.

Who presses you to pick up the phone if you don't want the business?

If you communicate your address and phone number on your website
and serve customers well, you will likely get very few phone calls.

You may even put "Only US customers" onto your site, or "Please
call only between 14:00 and 14:05 eastern time" :-).

Similarly if he's running the business from home he may not want
to broadcast his home address across the web.

Why should I do business with a guy who does not want to tell me his
address? That is, who does not want to tell me where my money will
disappear to :-).

Using a bit of
common sense and whois can easily sort the good from the bad, and you
can tell by emailing the guy if he is interested in providing a good
service or not. (No, its not my website)JC

Sounds like you expect *me* to work, guess and hope, to enable
somebody else to earn money from me.
Jeeez, man, I'm not looking for voters. I am *his* opportunity, and he
should try to grab it :-).

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Heinz Schmitz wrote:
Archon wrote:

[...]

So in the age of the internet you should put "US customers only"
WTF...exclude the rest of the world, right, thats good business.

Don't pick up the phone? Home business......would you want to be woken
at 3am by someone with no clue about timezones even if you do state
EST/PST which means nothing to someone in Europe or Asia. Don't pick up
and people like you think the number/business is bogus (but of course
the call has already woken you).

I'm not talking about a major online business here where I agree contact
info should be available, but there are many small website sales where
broadcasting your address and even your email unless disguised against
spam bots is just going to get you overwhelmed with unwanted crap.

I guess you don't run an online business. It IS up to you to ascertain
whether a website seller is genuine, do your homework and you won't get
screwed. There's one major manual seller famous for taking orders then
telling customers he will go find the manual and send it within 3 weeks,
he has his contact numbers etc listed...good seller? I don't think so.

JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Heinz Schmitz wrote:
If you communicate your address and phone number on your website
and serve customers well, you will likely get very few phone calls.

Yup.

You may even put "Only US customers" onto your site,
or "Please call only between 14:00 and 14:05 eastern time" :-).

More salient points.
....and for 1-man operations,
answering machines have been available for decades.

Archon wrote:
I'm not talking about a major online business here[...]

What you are talking about is a *hobby*.
Not putting full Contact info on the site makes it quite clear.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Archon wrote:

I'm not talking about a major online business here where I agree contact
info should be available,

I'm exactly talking about the minor sharks, who profit from not being
traceable and easy change of disguise by web-technology.

I guess you don't run an online business.

Where would you guess that from?

It IS up to you to ascertain
whether a website seller is genuine, do your homework and you won't get
screwed.

If I don't stop on websites of sellers who keep themselves in the dark
I'm rather certain to not get screwed :-).

There's one major manual seller famous for taking orders then
telling customers he will go find the manual and send it within 3 weeks,
he has his contact numbers etc listed...good seller? I don't think so.

Advice:
a) - Never buy from people who promise to go get the item
from somewhere. Rather go yourself and find out, who
actually owns the wanted item and will sell it to you.
b) - If somebody promises to get you something, let him get it
first, and only pay him if he did deliver.

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:16:27 +0100, Heinz Schmitz
wrote:

Archon wrote:

[...]

For the best in online manuals AND customer service:

http://www.justmanuals.com
Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

http://www.justmanuals.com
Instant download after purchase

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Try www.justmanuals.com

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 05:24:11 -0800 (PST), Analogman2
wrote:

http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?

For the best quality AND service in online manuals, try

www.justmanuals.com

Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

http://www.justmanuals.com
Instant download after purchase
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Don't give money to abusers either (was: Online Service Manuals)

Fred Farkle TOP-POSTED without trimming:
http://www.[SPAM].com

....and when seeking data, avoid the spamming idiots as well.
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ring=d&num=100
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fred Farkle wrote:

For the best in online manuals AND customer service:

http://www.justmanuals.com
Want to Fix Something?

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: JUSTMANUALS.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

http://www.manuals4you.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MANUALS4YOU.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Now why would somebody want to appear in several disguises
at the same time?

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fred Farkle wrote:

Try www.justmanuals.com
Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

http://www.justmanuals.com
Instant download after purchase

Now what do we think of somebody, who posts just this,
without any additional word. Spam, right?

Regards,
H.