Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Online Service Manuals

In article , wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:06=A0am, Heinz Schmitz wrote:
Analogman2 wrote:
http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?

I dislike sellers, who give neither address nor phone on their sites.
To me this implies that they have reason to fear visitors.
A whois-query for service-manual.net gives

Registrant:
=A0TimMartin
=A02334 Albany Avenue
=A0Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0US

=A0Domain name: SERVICE-MANUAL.NET

=A0Administrative Contact:
=A0 =A0 Martin, Tim
=A0 =A0 2334 Albany Avenue
=A0 =A0 Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0 =A0 US
=A0 =A0 +1.8602931478
=A0Technical Contact:
=A0 =A0 Martin, Tim
=A0 =A0 2334 Albany Avenue
=A0 =A0 Hartford, Connecticut 06104
=A0 =A0 US
=A0 =A0 +1.8602931478

Wether you send 12$s into space is up to you. Even if you get a
recommendation, the quality of the pdf-file may be different the
next time.

Regards,
H.

Thanks, I agree and decide not to buy from there. I 99.999% stay away
from places who "HIDE" information. I did buy what I needed elsewhere
for a few bucks more.

I also try to stay away, because when I look up sites I often are just looking for a telephone
number or are filling out paper work I must have. I also buy according to location, and
need to know what time of day it is. A very long time ago I made up a txt to send to
loony sites.....

I think I will make this a standard page so I can send to any web site
that seems lacking in one way or another.

I must have found a problem with your Web page.

I may have been looking for your phone number, in which case I find many Web sites
try to hide phone numbers. When I look up a companies Web site, I most often am looking
for their PHONE number, so I can CALL them.

In many cases their site may not be Netscape compatable, or have no Webmaster,
or HIDE the webmaster.

I also am looking for a quick address so I can either fill out a requisition,
or know what time it is for phone numbers given.

Its very easy to impliment the 3 most basic web site functions, NAME,
PHONE , ADDRESS, and WEBMASTER.

I also find many sites that have problems with their parts search. When I enter a part
number 9 times out of 10 I get NOT FOUND.