Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Archon Archon is offline

Default Online Service Manuals

wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:06 am, Heinz Schmitz wrote:
Analogman2 wrote:
http://www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php
Anyone have any experiene with this place for purchasing downloadable
service manuals? Are they ligitimate and is the quality alright?

I dislike sellers, who give neither address nor phone on their sites.
To me this implies that they have reason to fear visitors.
A whois-query for service-manual.net gives

Registrant:
TimMartin
2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US

Domain name: SERVICE-MANUAL.NET

Administrative Contact:
Martin, Tim
2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US
+1.8602931478
Technical Contact:
Martin, Tim
2334 Albany Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06104
US
+1.8602931478

Wether you send 12$s into space is up to you. Even if you get a
recommendation, the quality of the pdf-file may be different the
next time.

Regards,
H.

Thanks, I agree and decide not to buy from there. I 99.999% stay away
from places who "HIDE" information. I did buy what I needed elsewhere
for a few bucks more.

Thats a somewhat jaded view of online sellers. If you put a telephone
number on a website and you are running the business from home you are
likely to get calls all hours of the day and night from international
buyers. Similarly if he's running the business from home he may not want
to broadcast his home address across the web. If the site owner above
had wanted to "hide" his identity he could have used proxy website
registration information like a number of manual vendors. Using a bit of
common sense and whois can easily sort the good from the bad, and you
can tell by emailing the guy if he is interested in providing a good
service or not. (No, its not my website)JC