Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Heinz Schmitz Heinz Schmitz is offline

Default Online Service Manuals

Archon wrote:

I'm not talking about a major online business here where I agree contact
info should be available,

I'm exactly talking about the minor sharks, who profit from not being
traceable and easy change of disguise by web-technology.

I guess you don't run an online business.

Where would you guess that from?

It IS up to you to ascertain
whether a website seller is genuine, do your homework and you won't get
screwed.

If I don't stop on websites of sellers who keep themselves in the dark
I'm rather certain to not get screwed :-).

There's one major manual seller famous for taking orders then
telling customers he will go find the manual and send it within 3 weeks,
he has his contact numbers etc listed...good seller? I don't think so.

Advice:
a) - Never buy from people who promise to go get the item
from somewhere. Rather go yourself and find out, who
actually owns the wanted item and will sell it to you.
b) - If somebody promises to get you something, let him get it
first, and only pay him if he did deliver.

Regards,
H.