Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony headphones

Hi

I've bought some rather cheap Sony headphones (MDR-V150), say 2 months
ago. Suddenly the sound level on the right channel was weaker and there
were almost no low frequencies when compared to the left channel. I
first thought it was a loose soldering point because every time when I
pushed the plastic case of the earcup, all went fine again. But when
I've opened the earcup to fix the problem I've realised that the loose
contact isn't a soldering point but some kind of plastic that's glued on
the soldering points and goes onto the "speaker" ifself (more precisely,
it's connected to a yellow semitransparent plastic layer, and this one's
glued(?) on a metal with lots of holes inside). When I pushed onto this
connecting plastic, all went fine again.

But how can I fix this issue? What's the kind of material used and where
can I buy it?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas