techtrainer

Default Any way to use the headphones that came with Sony KV27XBR37

Hey Folks:

My 1994 Sony KV27XBR37 just stopped working a few weeks back. I still
want to take it to an authorized repair center to get an estimate and
decide what to do with it.

In the meantime I was able to get another one, 2000 Sony 27" Trinitron
TV ( KV-27S42), which works great, but is no comparison to the
KV27XBR37 model.

My question is how can I use my headphones that came with the
KV27XBR37 on the KV-27S42 model. I will get the 900MHz Sony phones
that are available at electronics stores and hook it up to my TV ...
but is there a way I can also use the previous headphones along with
the new ones ? Any way to tune their frequency ?

Thanks for the pointers

-- Bill
Jerry G.

You should have bought the KV25FV300 or any of the FV series if you want
a headphones jack, and similar performance to your old XBR. Check in to
this. The FS series has a few design features that enhances the set's
performance.

It is not an easy task to modify the set to have a proper headphone
jack. There are safety issues with power and audio output electrical
isolation. Also, the output to the headphones much be properly wired to
the jack, and properly matched for the impedance of the headphones.

Since the set is very new, enquire to the dealer for an exchange. If you
offer to pay the transport, repacking, and the difference of cost, your
dealer should go along with it if he is fair.

If you really want to keep the FS series set, use an external audio
amplifier with a headphones jack connected to the line out. You can go
in to the user menu of the set, and turn the speakers off when you want
to use the amplifier's headphones jack. I personally would exchange
the set for the FS series.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"techtrainer" wrote in message
om...
Hey Folks:

My 1994 Sony KV27XBR37 just stopped working a few weeks back. I still
want to take it to an authorized repair center to get an estimate and
decide what to do with it.

In the meantime I was able to get another one, 2000 Sony 27" Trinitron
TV ( KV-27S42), which works great, but is no comparison to the
KV27XBR37 model.

My question is how can I use my headphones that came with the
KV27XBR37 on the KV-27S42 model. I will get the 900MHz Sony phones
that are available at electronics stores and hook it up to my TV ...
but is there a way I can also use the previous headphones along with
the new ones ? Any way to tune their frequency ?

Thanks for the pointers

-- Bill

Ian Stirling

Jerry G. wrote:
You should have bought the KV25FV300 or any of the FV series if you want
a headphones jack, and similar performance to your old XBR. Check in to
this. The FS series has a few design features that enhances the set's
performance.

It is not an easy task to modify the set to have a proper headphone
jack. There are safety issues with power and audio output electrical
isolation. Also, the output to the headphones much be properly wired to
the jack, and properly matched for the impedance of the headphones.

If they are RF headphones, you could simply attatch it internally to the
TV.
However, it would require a 'qualified service technitian" or equivalent...

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
He who lives in a glass house should not invite he who is without sin.
techtrainer

Ian Stirling wrote in message ...
Jerry G. wrote:
You should have bought the KV25FV300 or any of the FV series if you want
a headphones jack, and similar performance to your old XBR. Check in to
this. The FS series has a few design features that enhances the set's
performance.

It is not an easy task to modify the set to have a proper headphone
jack. There are safety issues with power and audio output electrical
isolation. Also, the output to the headphones much be properly wired to
the jack, and properly matched for the impedance of the headphones.

If they are RF headphones, you could simply attatch it internally to the
TV.
However, it would require a 'qualified service technitian" or equivalent...

Thanks, Jerry and Ian. I will explore the possibilities ... I cannot
return the TV .. I bought it used.

-- Bill