Jay

Default Audio Technica Headphones

I am looking for earpads for Audio Technica ATH-6 headphones. Audio Technica
does not even list them anymore.

Anyone know where I can buy them or an alternate solution?

Thanks,
Jay

gothika

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:37:09 GMT, "Jay" wrote:

I am looking for earpads for Audio Technica ATH-6 headphones. Audio Technica
does not even list them anymore.

Anyone know where I can buy them or an alternate solution?

Thanks,
Jay

I'm not familiar with the pads for them. What do the pads look like?
I can walk you through making a set if you can give me some details.(I
make replacements for my older sets all the time, as well as modding
open air to close and reverse.)
If you don't want anything fancy Radio Shack can sometines be of help.
They have several sizes of aftermarket foam pads that fit much of
what's on the market.
H. Dziardziel

wrote:

I am looking for earpads for Audio Technica ATH-6 headphones. Audio Technica
does not even list them anymore.

Anyone know where I can buy them or an alternate solution?

Thanks,
Jay

Don't laugh but if color doesn't matter I have found some powder
puff (cosmetic) pads can be a perfect fit, cheap and some are
cotton pile,so far better than foam.
gothika

wrote:

I am looking for earpads for Audio Technica ATH-6 headphones. Audio Technica
does not even list them anymore.

Anyone know where I can buy them or an alternate solution?

Thanks,
Jay

Don't laugh but if color doesn't matter I have found some powder
puff (cosmetic) pads can be a perfect fit, cheap and some are
cotton pile,so far better than foam.

I use different grades of black foam(though color really isn't
important.) and have various tools to cut and shape it
Also use sheet vinyl and poly for some with foam glued onto it.
(the pad types that have the vinyl cloth that slips over the outer
ring on the transducer body.)
I use xacto knives and the circular "cookie cutter" style cutters
found in gasket cutter kits.
The best glue for those pads that require glueing to the vinyl is
Scotch 77 commercial spray adhesive.
I've even used thin glove leather for some of the older phones I've
repadded.
With a little effort and ingenuity one can usually have better pads
than the oem that they came with.