Electronics (alt.electronics)

Anthony Cerrato

Default Connecting Headphones to RCA OUTPUTS?

JeffM

my input to the WH is a miniPhono, I guess 1/8"
Anthony Cerrato

You need to be more precise with your terms.

Phono plug (also called an RCA plug)
http://images.google.com/images?&q=p...simplyautomate

Phone plug
http://images.google.com/images?&q=p...store+-4p1-200
Anthony Cerrato

"JeffM" wrote in message
om...
my input to the WH is a miniPhono, I guess 1/8"
Anthony Cerrato

You need to be more precise with your terms.

Phono plug (also called an RCA plug)

http://images.google.com/images?&q=p...simplyautomate

Yes, careless of me--I always call an RCA an RCA and others
phono jacks, but I see they seem to call RCAs, phono plugs,
but call headphone jacks, _phone_ plugs...go figure.
Anyway my wireless headphones have a male stereo (2-banded),
1/8" (mini) phone plug to connect to the audio source. (see

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=274-869 )
I wanna connect that to the vcr RCA output jacks. Now at
Radio Shack I did find a Y-adaptor with 2 RCA plugs to a
1/8" phone _plug_ rather than jack, but with this, I'd still
need an adaptor to connect the 2 phone plugs then, IOW, an
adaptor with 2-1/8" jacks at each end--can't seem to find
any combination that would quite work yet. Aagghh!
....tonyC (Hoping some day, ALL jacks and plugs become truly
standardized down to 1-2 kinds! )

Phone plug

http://images.google.com/images?&q=p...store+-4p1-200

JeffM

I did find a Y-adaptor with 2 RCA plugs to a 1/8" phone _plug_
rather than jack...
can't seem to find any combination that would quite work
Anthony Cerrato

Got a soldering iron?

Make your own from components.
or
Get the ready-made one that's closest and modify it.
Jeff Prevett

If I understand, you need a female-to-female 1/8" headphone jack... I did a
quick search on Radio Shack's website. Here is what you are looking for:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=274%2D1555
If you already have a connector that allows you to hook up 2 pair headphones
to a portable device, it can be used also. Just make sure to tape over the
male connector or you might accidentally ground the signal.