Alex

Default Cleaning Headphones

Is there a way to clean the foam ear cups on a headphone,
without disassembling the headphone? Is there a cleaning
spray or something?

I have a Sony MDR CD480.

Alex

none

On Thu, 26 May 2005 01:53:08 +0200, "Alex"
wrote:

Is there a way to clean the foam ear cups on a headphone,
without disassembling the headphone? Is there a cleaning
spray or something?

I have a Sony MDR CD480.

Alex

Sometimes the foam pads can be removed. On most Sony's they're slip
fit on with a vinyl collar.
Just gently pry up under the back edge(on the outer side of the ear
piece.) with something like a small jeweler's screwdriver and the pad
assembly should slip off.
Then wash it with a bit of liquid dish detergent and let air dry.
At least that's what I do with my MDR-5a's.