Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andreas Weishaupt Andreas Weishaupt is offline

Default Sony headphones

Dave schrieb:
If you hadn't opened them, Sony warrants all their stuff, even blatant
junk, for a year for "workmanship and material defects". They'd give
you new ones, you'd probably have to send them to Outer Mongolia to
their service depot and wait six months but you'd get a new set.
However, now that you have, why don't you evaluate what your time is
worth vs. the cost of the headphones. Supposing you could lay your
hands on a consumer-affordable quantity of conductive epoxy or other
magic proprietary glue (which is very doubtful), is it really worth it?
If they were cheap, go buy another pair and be done with it. I hate
needlessly throwing away stuff... I've been known to pick up other
people's garbage on trash day and it kills me every time I go to the
landfill and see the pallets of TV's, stereos, and other electronic gear
but you're talking about a consumable item, not a durable good. Chuck 'em!

Yeah in fact it's already the second time I've bought this type of
headphones. The first time it was the same issue, so I threw them away
and bought a new pair because it was cheap. But this time I wanted to
repair them in the hope they'd last a bit longer (not because I thought
it'd be cheaper)...