Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Default Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

For a quick fix, I'll take my memory stick to OfficeMax and have them
print this task.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

For a quick fix, I'll take my memory stick to OfficeMax and have them
print this task.

...Jim Thompson

Try the following: take them out as if you were going to put new ones
in. Then put them back in and lie,saying you put new ones in.
This works on some of the "older" HP & Lexmart printers.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:28:57 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

I've had bad experience with ink-jets that are infrequently
used. I'd print something, and a month (or more) later I'd
want to print the next thing and the heads were clogged. A
few years back I gave up an bought a cheap laser (Brother
HL-1440). Couldn't be happier... but of course it won't do
color.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v6.02
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator
Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI
Science with your sound card!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On 7/16/2012 3:43 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
Try the following: take them out as if you were going to put new
ones in. Then put them back in and lie,saying you put new ones in.
This works on some of the "older" HP & Lexmart printers.

Some of the older ones could only store two carts code in memory. If you
had three and rotated the first would look like a new one.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson
wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

I had an extra satisfying moment this morning. I took the HP inkjet
printer to the waste disposal depot. Inkjet is total crap if you don't
use it everyday. And if you print everyday then laser is cheaper. I
got a nice all in one laser printer (B&W) from HP.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

I've had bad experience with ink-jets that are infrequently
used. I'd print something, and a month (or more) later I'd
want to print the next thing and the heads were clogged. A
few years back I gave up an bought a cheap laser (Brother
HL-1440). Couldn't be happier... but of course it won't do
color.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

My solution, as well.

Anyone tried the cheapy Brother color laser?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| E-mail Icon at
http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

Good Lord! Don't you know ink jet printers have to be used at
least weekly or the heads dry out? I've never had much luck getting
working again after even a month or so. I've totally sworn off ink
jets for that reason.

Jon
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:09:52 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

A new set of cartridges is ~$200, and I'm not sure if the print heads
will require replacing as well... it's been a year since it was last
used :-(

Good Lord! Don't you know ink jet printers have to be used at
least weekly or the heads dry out? I've never had much luck getting
working again after even a month or so. I've totally sworn off ink
jets for that reason.

Jon

I bought that K850 so long ago (Jan 2007) that inkjet was the only
economic way to get color.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Nico Coesel wrote:
Jim Thompson
wrote:

Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

My venerable OfficeJet Pro K850 (Tabloid, 11"x17") refuses to print,
with some hp crap message that the cartridges have timed-out :-(

Anyone know a hack?

I had an extra satisfying moment this morning. I took the HP inkjet
printer to the waste disposal depot. Inkjet is total crap if you don't
use it everyday. And if you print everyday then laser is cheaper. I
got a nice all in one laser printer (B&W) from HP.

I had a HP 960 Professional model, it could sit there for months and
it would work when ever I needed it. It may on the first initial print
of the first color used have a moment of no ink but I would just print
out a simple quick test page to make sure it was clear.. I never had a
dry out problem with that model.. Of course the refills were expensive
as hell, which is why I didn't bother with it any more when it became
obvious fewer places were stocking them.

Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

"Charlie E." wrote:

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...

USB to parallel interfaces are cheap, these days. Sometimes they go
for $2 on Ebay.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:56:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Charlie E." wrote:

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...

USB to parallel interfaces are cheap, these days. Sometimes they go
for $2 on Ebay.

Maybe it is just my own prejudices, but I never even look at Ebay for
stuff. I just get too much feeling of caveat emptor...

Charlie
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

"Charlie E." wrote:

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...

USB to parallel interfaces are cheap, these days. Sometimes they go
for $2 on Ebay.

Maybe it is just my own prejudices, but I never even look at Ebay for
stuff. I just get too much feeling of caveat emptor...

I've only had a couple questionable results out of about 300
purchases. I generally watch what something is going for, then bid on
the low hanging fruit.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120943465521

I needed a rack mount case to build a 10 MHz distribution amp. The
thing looks brand new and has 50 low loss BNC connectors, along wtih
about 10 pounds of electronics. It doesn't look like it was ever
mounted in a rack, and I got it for $10 & $18 shipping. A new rack
mount case that size is about $120 & shipping. The BNC connctors would
run $50 for cheapies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170577269179 is a USB to parallel for $2.04, and
free shipping.