Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad
Charlie E. Charlie E. is offline

Default Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:56:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Charlie E." wrote:

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...

USB to parallel interfaces are cheap, these days. Sometimes they go
for $2 on Ebay.

Maybe it is just my own prejudices, but I never even look at Ebay for
stuff. I just get too much feeling of caveat emptor...

Charlie