Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad

Default Sheeeesh! A new problem every minute...

"Charlie E." wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:56:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Charlie E." wrote:

Yes, I have a Brother inkjet for color and tabloid printing, but I am
just about to give up on it. Everytime I go to use it, one or more of
the ink cartridges have gummed up and wont' print. To keep it going,
you almost have to run it daily, which is a real pain. It is parallel
port only, and the only machine that I have that works with it takes
almost 10 minutes to boot up. I don't have a half hour ever day just
to baby sit a printer I only need every few months. I have finally
just started to go to Staples or other supply store when I need color
or tabloid prints...

USB to parallel interfaces are cheap, these days. Sometimes they go
for $2 on Ebay.

Maybe it is just my own prejudices, but I never even look at Ebay for
stuff. I just get too much feeling of caveat emptor...

I've only had a couple questionable results out of about 300
purchases. I generally watch what something is going for, then bid on
the low hanging fruit.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120943465521

I needed a rack mount case to build a 10 MHz distribution amp. The
thing looks brand new and has 50 low loss BNC connectors, along wtih
about 10 pounds of electronics. It doesn't look like it was ever
mounted in a rack, and I got it for $10 & $18 shipping. A new rack
mount case that size is about $120 & shipping. The BNC connctors would
run $50 for cheapies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170577269179 is a USB to parallel for $2.04, and
free shipping.