Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default GhostScript/GhostView ??

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Copy the image and paste it into 'Paint', then crop it, save it, then
copy and paste the new image into your document.

There are tiny 'buttons' on the right side and bottom of the 'Paint'
screen that you click and drag to crop each edge. You can do the left
side or top by flipping the image. It is part of Windows, and only
takes a couple minutes to figure out for most people.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:24:57 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Copy the image and paste it into 'Paint', then crop it, save it, then
copy and paste the new image into your document.

There are tiny 'buttons' on the right side and bottom of the 'Paint'
screen that you click and drag to crop each edge. You can do the left
side or top by flipping the image. It is part of Windows, and only
takes a couple minutes to figure out for most people.

Paint won't open PostScript files.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:13:01 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Tried Irfanview? It will open postscripts, crop, and save as, say, a
gif or jpeg.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
qrk qrk is offline

wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Jim,
You can crop in Word. There is a crop tool in the Picture toolbar. To
bring up the picture tool bar, View|Toolbars|Picture. The toolbar is
visible if it is checked in the menu. Select the image, click on the
crop button and move the handles to crop your image.

Mark

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Paint won't open PostScript files.

My linux box has a ps2pdf utility. I'll bet it runs on windows
if you have the cigwin stuff.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Copy the image and paste it into 'Paint', then crop it, save it, then
copy and paste the new image into your document.

There are tiny 'buttons' on the right side and bottom of the 'Paint'
screen that you click and drag to crop each edge. You can do the left
side or top by flipping the image. It is part of Windows, and only
takes a couple minutes to figure out for most people.

Paint won't open PostScript files.

I didn't say it would. I said to copy the image from the PostScript
file.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Tried Irfanview? It will open postscripts, crop, and save as, say, a
gif or jpeg.

I've tried that a few days ago and it leaves a nasty black area where
the cropped away stuff used to be.

Jim, as Mark said you might as well import into Word as is and then crop
there. Invoke the image toolbar.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Jim,
You can crop in Word. There is a crop tool in the Picture toolbar. To
bring up the picture tool bar, View|Toolbars|Picture. The toolbar is
visible if it is checked in the menu. Select the image, click on the
crop button and move the handles to crop your image.

Mark

Yep, Just tried it. Works great!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:13:01 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

I use a capture thing called MWSnap for this - you can pick an area to
capture and save it as a jpg, bmp, gif, tiff, or png. I think it's free.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

_ wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:13:01 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

I use a capture thing called MWSnap for this - you can pick an area to
capture and save it as a jpg, bmp, gif, tiff, or png. I think it's free.

I just tested ghostview ,just copied the whole page,
then cut and cropped in paint.
Tested the gs file in ifranview, it refused the ps,
but it accepted the clipboard paste obtained in ghostview,
and cropped nicer than paint did.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone using GhostScript/GhostView?

It's been awhile since I've used it.

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

I have a schematic that is like 5 transistors in the middle of the
page and would like to crop off all the excess white-space and border
markings before inserting in a Word document.

Copy the image and paste it into 'Paint', then crop it, save it, then
copy and paste the new image into your document.

There are tiny 'buttons' on the right side and bottom of the 'Paint'
screen that you click and drag to crop each edge. You can do the left
side or top by flipping the image. It is part of Windows, and only
takes a couple minutes to figure out for most people.

Paint won't open PostScript files.

You could open up the ps in GV and then alt-print scr to capture the screen
and paste into paint then crop there and then copy and paste into word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Hi,

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

make a eps with GS/GV. There you are able to give the outline manual, if
needed. You also may be able to convert the ps to ascii, if it is in binary
now, then you should be able to do this via notepad, that's the way I prefer
;-)
Other way is to convert the ps (with GS/GV to a editable vector format like
AI or others. There I prefer emf that works well with M$Office

Marte

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

make a eps with GS/GV. There you are able to give the outline manual, if
needed. You also may be able to convert the ps to ascii, if it is in binary
now, then you should be able to do this via notepad, that's the way I prefer
;-)
Other way is to convert the ps (with GS/GV to a editable vector format like
AI or others. There I prefer emf that works well with M$Office

Marte

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can
crop it right there.

I am certainly not a Microsoft fan and IMHO they should not design
operating systems anymore but their MS-Word is quite a good product.
Very practical, useful, and it doesn't have the bloat or leave memory
leaks like OpenOffice does. I have yet to find a better word processor
than MS-Word, but I'm not looking for one because it works.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

make a eps with GS/GV. There you are able to give the outline manual, if
needed. You also may be able to convert the ps to ascii, if it is in binary
now, then you should be able to do this via notepad, that's the way I prefer
;-)
Other way is to convert the ps (with GS/GV to a editable vector format like
AI or others. There I prefer emf that works well with M$Office

Marte

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can
crop it right there.

Nicely? It crops each border, manually, in inches, and you can't see
what will happen until you exit the format box. If you've resized the
picture, it still crops in the original dimensions! Any modern program
will let you drag a crop box just where you want it.

The way Word handles images is a disgrace. Hell, the way it handles
text is a disgrace!

I am certainly not a Microsoft fan and IMHO they should not design
operating systems anymore but their MS-Word is quite a good product.
Very practical, useful, and it doesn't have the bloat or leave memory
leaks like OpenOffice does. I have yet to find a better word processor
than MS-Word, but I'm not looking for one because it works.

It's a ghastly mess.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Ok, it's not perfect. But better than with IrfanView where you have that
nasty black border because it stores it back with the cropped-away
sections just blackened but not deleted.

The way Word handles images is a disgrace. Hell, the way it handles
text is a disgrace!

Can't say that. It does some weird things such as like micro-crashes but
those are mostly recoverable. Except when it hangs up on that dreaded
normal.dot file. This sometimes requires hitting the reset button but
then again that's kind of normal in a Windows environment.

I am certainly not a Microsoft fan and IMHO they should not design
operating systems anymore but their MS-Word is quite a good product.
Very practical, useful, and it doesn't have the bloat or leave memory
leaks like OpenOffice does. I have yet to find a better word processor
than MS-Word, but I'm not looking for one because it works.

It's a ghastly mess.

I've done my docs and module specs with MS-Word since the first day of
self-employment back in the late 80's. In fact, even with DOS-Word there
wasn't much that I couldn't do compared to "modern" versions of it. I
was always able to happily copy and paste schematic sections where it
was needed to explains stuff, plus scope plots, analyzer pics etc. Heck,
it even allowed a straight import of HPGL so you could include plots
that came in over those garden hose cables. In the days of DOS!

The only MS program that I believe is even higher in reliability is
MS-Works. That rarely ever crashes and keep my biz databases all caught up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:37:41 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

I've never seen that happen. It can look that way if you have
Irfanview set up to display at the original pixel density, but that's
just a display setting; the cropped/saved image doesn't have black
borders.

See attached.

Irfanview lets you crop, tweak colors and contrast, convert to b+w,
change resolution, and import/export in almost any format. And it's
free and simple to use.

John

Attached Thumbnails
GhostScript/GhostView ??-mvc-549x-jpg  GhostScript/GhostView ??-crop-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

It does not! See abse.

And if you make a donation, Irfan himself will send you a thank-you
email. Bill Gates won't do that.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Hmm, went through all posts of this thread over there, didn't find any
with attachments. Maybe my news server dropped a post.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:04:37 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I suspect the same is true of Adobe :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

My experience is that it does OK... since PostScript files can contain
embedded bitmaps, if you have a large bitmap and you crop it there's a
significant file size reduction, whereas if the PostScript file is a handful
of "drawing"-type command along with a large "library" of utility routines,
cropping doesn't change the file size much at all... since all the bulk is in
the library routines, I suppose.

I was thinking you didn't necessarily want the entire drawing embedded within
a Word document, even if it was cropped to the view you desire... but if
that's OK, I think that approach probably is the easiest.

---Joel

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Which brings up an interesting point: Is there a way to purge all this
stuff in MS-Word?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I suspect the same is true of Adobe :-(

Methinks if you edit everything in MS-Word, then when all the I's are
dotted and T's are crossed store it as PDF, shouldn't it all be gone?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

This is the ID, I think:

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

[...]

This kind of link doesn't work on my PCs, just opens an email window.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:41:58 +0000, Joerg wrote:

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

I suspect the same is true of Adobe :-(

Methinks if you edit everything in MS-Word, then when all the I's are
dotted and T's are crossed store it as PDF, shouldn't it all be gone?

It depends upon the nature of the edits.

E.g. if you "redact" information by making the background match the
foreground (i.e. black text on black background = black box), you'll
probably end up with the same information in the PDF.

Similarly, if you crop an imported PS/PDF/etc figure in Word, the PDF may
well contain the complete figure, nested inside a clip rectangle.

If you need to be sure that information isn't being hidden, you need to
either look at the source (which largely rules out complex binary
formats), or convert to a relatively low-level format which doesn't have
the ability to retain "hidden" information (e.g. render to a raster image
format).

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Hmm, went through all posts of this thread over there, didn't find any
with attachments. Maybe my news server dropped a post.

This is the ID, I think:

This kind of link doesn't work on my PCs, just opens an email window.

OK, I give up.

Sigh. Then I'll end up in a nursing home some day, having never known
how to properly crop with Irfanview. But currently I use Word for that
anyway. For really fine stuff a program from Kodak that came with the PC.

Seems like the SBC server is a bit rocky today. It choked for a few
minutes a couple of times.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to PDF,
after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and then copy and
paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Which brings up an interesting point: Is there a way to purge all this
stuff in MS-Word?

I "print" it to PDF and I think that does the trick (except for the
meta information you can see in Acrobat). Office also has the Document
Image Writer for a fax-like bitmap (TIFF) image.

Here's some info on actually purging it from the Word file:
http://nhbar.com/publications/archiv...ssue.asp?id=99

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Hmm, looks like PDF conversion is the only way right now. Sad. They did
mention one product though:
http://www.payneconsulting.com/products/metadataretail/

This is a pretty brazen statement, especially for a bar association:
"... they won't be able to edit the file as you could in Word because
the file will be saved as an image." (when saved as PDF)

Oh man, has none of them ever edited an image? If you do it right nobody
would suspect anything from looking at it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim,

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat?

If so, it comes with Distiller, which will convert the PostScript to
PDF, after which you can just use Acrobat to crop the image, and
then copy and paste into Word.

---Joel

I do have Adobe Acrobat v7.0.9

Is cropping in Adobe file-size efficient?

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but I would not crop (out) sensitive material with Word.
Chances are very good it's still there in the file somewhere.

Which brings up an interesting point: Is there a way to purge all this
stuff in MS-Word?

One way would be to copy the text into a plain text editor, make a new
Word document, and paste it back. Then you'd *probably* be safe.

You could also get the plugins so that you could save your document in
standard odt format. Since this is just a renamed zip file containing
the data in xml files, you can open it up and view the raw data in a
text editor.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Hi Jörg,
I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can crop
it right there.

Postscript and Word are two separate worlds.

Ok, it's not perfect. But better than with IrfanView where you have that
nasty black border because it stores it back with the cropped-away
sections just blackened but not deleted.

Ctl. + Y dont add any border on my computers.
But remember the OP wants to crop postscripts, not bitmaps.

Marte

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:05:07 +0200, "Marte Schwarz"
wrote:

Hi Jörg,
I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can crop
it right there.

Postscript and Word are two separate worlds.

Ok, it's not perfect. But better than with IrfanView where you have that
nasty black border because it stores it back with the cropped-away
sections just blackened but not deleted.

Ctl. + Y dont add any border on my computers.
But remember the OP wants to crop postscripts, not bitmaps.

Marte

Irfanview lists postscript as an acceptable input format, although
I've never tried it. It may need a plugin.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:05:23 -0700, John Larkin wrote:

Irfanview lists postscript as an acceptable input format, although
I've never tried it. It may need a plugin.

It needs a plugin. It works okay for single pages, but if you
make the mistake of opening a 200-page document with it, it will try to
render the whole thing in one go and you'll end up terminating it.

IOW, remember to set the file association for .ps files back to GSView
(etc) after installing the plugin.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:05:23 -0700, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:05:07 +0200, "Marte Schwarz"
wrote:

Hi Jörg,
I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can crop
it right there.

Postscript and Word are two separate worlds.

Ok, it's not perfect. But better than with IrfanView where you have that
nasty black border because it stores it back with the cropped-away
sections just blackened but not deleted.

Ctl. + Y dont add any border on my computers.
But remember the OP wants to crop postscripts, not bitmaps.

Marte

Irfanview lists postscript as an acceptable input format, although
I've never tried it. It may need a plugin.

John

It uses Ghostscript.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany