Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default GhostScript/GhostView ??

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:37:41 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:38:33 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Marte Schwarz wrote:

Hi,

I can't remember the way to crop a PostScript image.

make a eps with GS/GV. There you are able to give the outline manual, if
needed. You also may be able to convert the ps to ascii, if it is in binary
now, then you should be able to do this via notepad, that's the way I prefer
;-)
Other way is to convert the ps (with GS/GV to a editable vector format like
AI or others. There I prefer emf that works well with M$Office

Marte

Why all this trouble? You can crop nicely right in Word, no matter what
format. As long as the imported graphic shows on your screen you can
crop it right there.

Nicely? It crops each border, manually, in inches, and you can't see
what will happen until you exit the format box. If you've resized the
picture, it still crops in the original dimensions! Any modern program
will let you drag a crop box just where you want it.

Ok, it's not perfect. But better than with IrfanView where you have that
nasty black border because it stores it back with the cropped-away
sections just blackened but not deleted.

It does not! See abse.

And if you make a donation, Irfan himself will send you a thank-you
email. Bill Gates won't do that.

John