Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:19:14 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
wrote:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:55:30 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Chances are that the
display was only being driven by 12V. Just imagine how long they
would last in a vehicle seeing 14V all the time.

If the drive circuit was designed properly, they should be able to be
the same brightness for a voltage range of say 7 to 16 volts. That
would be what a good designer would build anyway. A regulated front
end on the circuit would be required to achieve any repeatability with
the final product.

Since we're already here and everything, can you show me a schematic of how
to do that?

---
Simple. constant current source.
---

No fair if others help.

---
Aw, heck... :-(

Version 4
SHEET 1 880 680
WIRE 96 -48 -64 -48
WIRE 224 -48 96 -48
WIRE 96 32 96 -48
WIRE 224 32 224 -48
WIRE 224 176 224 96
WIRE 224 176 192 176
WIRE 96 224 96 112
WIRE 128 224 96 224
WIRE 224 272 192 272
WIRE -64 352 -64 -48
WIRE 96 352 96 224
WIRE 128 352 96 352
WIRE 224 400 224 272
WIRE 224 400 192 400
WIRE 128 448 96 448
WIRE 224 448 224 400
WIRE -64 576 -64 432
WIRE 96 576 96 448
WIRE 96 576 -64 576
WIRE 224 576 224 528
WIRE 224 576 96 576
WIRE -64 640 -64 576
FLAG -64 640 0
SYMBOL npn 128 176 R0
SYMATTR InstName Q1
SYMATTR Value 2N3904
SYMBOL npn 192 352 M0
SYMATTR InstName Q2
SYMATTR Value 2N3904
SYMBOL LED 208 32 R0
SYMATTR InstName D1
SYMATTR Value NSPW500BS
SYMBOL res 80 16 R0
SYMATTR InstName R1
SYMATTR Value 1k
SYMBOL res 208 432 R0
SYMATTR InstName R2
SYMATTR Value 36
SYMBOL voltage -64 336 R0
WINDOW 3 24 104 Invisible 0
WINDOW 123 0 0 Left 0
WINDOW 39 0 0 Left 0
SYMATTR InstName V1
SYMATTR Value PULSE(7 16 0 1)
TEXT -58 608 Left 0 !.tran 1.1

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

MassiveProng wrote:
[...]

I wondered if you'd do the long-tail pair or use an LM317, now I know.
That's how the manufacturer should do it, but do you think they "waste" all
that money on two transistors just to do it right? I mean their profit
margin is only something like 95% as it is. ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:36:53 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

Of course, TV. How silly of me to overlook your primary form of
entertainment. The resolution of an HDTV monitor is too low for most
computing applications.

WRONG!

My HDTV is native at 1360x765!

That's pretty low compared to a decent monitor. How about a nice
1920×1200?

My PC Graphics card drives it at that rate, and it looks awesome!

FOR ALL computing applications.

You are living in the past when putting out to a standard TV was
done at 640x480 or 800x600. onto an NTSC Std definition CRT!

You need to belly up to the bar of modern technology, boy.

You are still thinking in terms of TV sets. But then, that's
understandable.

--
Paul Hovnanian
I love guns. Its bullets that I can't stand.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:36:53 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

High Definition Multimedia Interface. Its basically another version of
DVI, but with DRM. It really offers no additional capabilities unless
spending your entire life in front of TeeVee is important to you.

You're an idiot.

It is what keeps the pirate ****tards from getting HD resolution
copies of HD media, dumbass. As well it should.

1) Who cares? I watch HDTV on my TV set. I use my computer's (much
higher resolution) monitor for work. If there's any risk whatsoever that
HDMI drivers will lock me out of access to the video frame buffer, then
that system is of absolutely no use to me for high end graphics
application.

2) Pirating of HD media is done by cracking AACS and stripping off
protection flags. Once that's done, HDMI (or other interfaces) should
play it back just fine.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Live Faust, die Jung.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:47:32 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:55:30 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Well duh. I was just showing you that there truly is a spec stated
for a duty cycle less than 100%.

No, it is stated for dopes that think they can get away with pushing
an LED hot.

Not as dopey as thinking that a _lit_ LED has a Tj anywhere near 25C under
anything that remotely resembles normal conditions.

You are nowhere near as bright as even the most dim LED made.

Clue: It wouldn't be hot either.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:19:14 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Since we're already here and everything, can you show me a schematic of how
to do that? No fair if others help. :-] I fully imagine that the
manufacturers drive circuit consists primarily of a resistor. I haven't
checked, but I'm not paying $20 for four LEDs in a cute chrome housing to
find out.

Idiot. Car makers are certainly NOT driving their LED tail lamp
arrays with a mere resistor.

Jeez dude, get off it. You were wrong. Bikers DO ride their bikes,
regardless of what your silly, brainless ass thinks.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:19:14 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have trouble choosing things, so I have a project using tri-color LEDs for
the back lighting. I'm fairly sure that I'm in violation of numerous
patents by now, but I came up with my ideas a few years back when people
were still shelling out $1000 to have their bike done in a single color at a
rally. Homey don't play that, that's ridiculous pricing.

Homey is an idiot. A constant voltage DC to DC converter circuit
that accepts a range of voltage yet puts out a single constant voltage
is an everyday thing.

The only thing you are in violation of is being so stupid as to
think that you are the only one in the world that knows what is going
on around you.

You violated basic adult maturity, and prove that numerical age does
not an adult make. Good job, boy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:20:35 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

That's pretty low compared to a decent monitor. How about a nice
1920?1200?

That's pretty low compared to a MODERN CRT display is what you
meant.

It is actually pretty good compared to even the big bubble faced 20"
jobs the military used to use everywhere.

Maybe you'll quit backpedalling one day and admit that you are behind
the curve.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:20:35 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

You are still thinking in terms of TV sets.

No, I am not. You are.

But then, that's
understandable.

It's a ViewSonic HD display, dumbass. I don't expect you to have any
understanding, however.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:20:35 -0700, the renowned "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

MassiveProng wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:36:53 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

Of course, TV. How silly of me to overlook your primary form of
entertainment. The resolution of an HDTV monitor is too low for most
computing applications.

WRONG!

My HDTV is native at 1360x765!

That's pretty low compared to a decent monitor. How about a nice
1920×1200?

Not as good as two for a desktop system, but 1200 is about the minimum
vertical resolution I can live with.

My PC Graphics card drives it at that rate, and it looks awesome!

FOR ALL computing applications.

You are living in the past when putting out to a standard TV was
done at 640x480 or 800x600. onto an NTSC Std definition CRT!

You need to belly up to the bar of modern technology, boy.

You are still thinking in terms of TV sets. But then, that's
understandable.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:29:19 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:36:53 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
Gave us:

High Definition Multimedia Interface. Its basically another version of
DVI, but with DRM. It really offers no additional capabilities unless
spending your entire life in front of TeeVee is important to you.

You're an idiot.

It is what keeps the pirate ****tards from getting HD resolution
copies of HD media, dumbass. As well it should.

1) Who cares? I watch HDTV on my TV set. I use my computer's (much
higher resolution) monitor for work. If there's any risk whatsoever that
HDMI drivers will lock me out of access to the video frame buffer, then
that system is of absolutely no use to me for high end graphics
application.

You're an idiot to even think that it would.

2) Pirating of HD media is done by cracking AACS and stripping off
protection flags. Once that's done, HDMI (or other interfaces) should
play it back just fine.

You're out in left field. That's how Std DVDs were hacked. HD
content WAS being hacked by grabbing the key from the player app.
Nobody stripped anything.

It is being fixed however. Your technological lobotomy, on the other
hand, did you no good.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:19:14 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I have trouble choosing things, so I have a project using tri-color
LEDs for the back lighting. I'm fairly sure that I'm in violation
of numerous patents by now, but I came up with my ideas a few years
back when people were still shelling out $1000 to have their bike
done in a single color at a rally. Homey don't play that, that's
ridiculous pricing.

Homey is an idiot. A constant voltage DC to DC converter circuit
that accepts a range of voltage yet puts out a single constant voltage
is an everyday thing.

This has nothing to do with what I was talking about here.

The only thing you are in violation of is being so stupid as to
think that you are the only one in the world that knows what is going
on around you.

You violated basic adult maturity, and prove that numerical age does
not an adult make. Good job, boy.

Jealous?