Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The Austin Brexit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/17 15:27, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , TimW
wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message news

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

Zzzzzzzz.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/04/2017 15:27, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , TimW
wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

Because the EU imposes duty on goods imported into the zone from
outside. And, we'll be outside. But you know that, so what is your
question, really?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

Because the EU imposes duty on goods imported into the zone from
outside. And, we'll be outside. But you know that, so what is your
question, really?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 14:58, TimW wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

They forgot to mention the Allegro's square steering wheel.

(Quiz question: Which 1970s car had an oval steering wheel?)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 14:58, TimW wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

Yet more evidence that the Remain case was built on fantasy analogies
that have nothing to do with reality!

And FYI this would be on topic in uk.politics.misc.

--
James Harris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/17 16:13, James Harris wrote:

And FYI this would be on topic in uk.politics.misc.

True. But Brexit is always a popular topic here.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/04/2017 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:

So we won't have to apply tariffs if we don't want to. Whether on goods
coming in from the EU, or anywhere else.

Oh, I see what you mean. We'll be subject to tariffs on exports to the
EU, but we won't have to impose tariffs on imports into this country.
Quite right. Nobody will force us to. We can leave our home market wide
open to import competition, whilst leaving our exporters subject to
tariffs.

I think I have understood your point now. It's a purely theoretical one.

So my question stands.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs at
all? From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

If so, you're even dafter than I thought.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GB wrote:
On 22/04/2017 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:

So we won't have to apply tariffs if we don't want to. Whether on goods
coming in from the EU, or anywhere else.

Oh, I see what you mean. We'll be subject to tariffs on exports to the
EU, but we won't have to impose tariffs on imports into this country.
Quite right. Nobody will force us to. We can leave our home market wide
open to import competition, whilst leaving our exporters subject to
tariffs.

I think I have understood your point now. It's a purely theoretical one.

Quite. Like so many hopes of the Brexit lot. Total pie in the sky.

But of course if we did allow in all imports tarrif free. we'd very soon
not be able to afford any. Which of course may be exactly what some are
hoping for. A ruined UK.

So my question stands.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 16:44, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Nobody is worried about tariffs on import but you.
However its all very well having cheaper imports but at some point you
have to pay for them and if there are tariffs on the exports you may
well not be able too. Is it really too difficult for brexiteers to
understand such a simple concept?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 16:08, Max Demian wrote:
On 22/04/2017 14:58, TimW wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

They forgot to mention the Allegro's square steering wheel.

(Quiz question: Which 1970s car had an oval steering wheel?)

I don't know, the allegros one wasn't an oval so please tell?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
GB wrote:
On 22/04/2017 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:

So we won't have to apply tariffs if we don't want to. Whether on goods
coming in from the EU, or anywhere else.

Oh, I see what you mean. We'll be subject to tariffs on exports to the
EU, but we won't have to impose tariffs on imports into this country.
Quite right. Nobody will force us to. We can leave our home market wide
open to import competition, whilst leaving our exporters subject to
tariffs.

I think I have understood your point now. It's a purely theoretical one.

Quite. Like so many hopes of the Brexit lot. Total pie in the sky.

But of course if we did allow in all imports tarrif free. we'd very soon
not be able to afford any. Which of course may be exactly what some are
hoping for. A ruined UK.

Not to worry, Dave. It'll never happen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 22/04/2017 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:

So we won't have to apply tariffs if we don't want to. Whether on goods
coming in from the EU, or anywhere else.

Oh, I see what you mean. We'll be subject to tariffs on exports to the
EU, but we won't have to impose tariffs on imports into this country.
Quite right. Nobody will force us to. We can leave our home market wide
open to import competition, whilst leaving our exporters subject to
tariffs.

I think I have understood your point now. It's a purely theoretical one.

Quite. Like so many hopes of the Brexit lot. Total pie in the sky.

But of course if we did allow in all imports tarrif free. we'd very soon
not be able to afford any. Which of course may be exactly what some are
hoping for. A ruined UK.

Not to worry, Dave. It'll never happen.

As long as no one votes for Labia anyway.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 21:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no
tariffs at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

What about where we are exporting stuff to them and we aren't importing
stuff from them? who are you going to put tariffs on then?

You haven't thought this through have you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 22/04/2017 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:

So we won't have to apply tariffs if we don't want to. Whether on goods
coming in from the EU, or anywhere else.

Oh, I see what you mean. We'll be subject to tariffs on exports to the
EU, but we won't have to impose tariffs on imports into this country.
Quite right. Nobody will force us to. We can leave our home market wide
open to import competition, whilst leaving our exporters subject to
tariffs.

I think I have understood your point now. It's a purely theoretical one.

Quite. Like so many hopes of the Brexit lot. Total pie in the sky.

But of course if we did allow in all imports tarrif free. we'd very soon
not be able to afford any. Which of course may be exactly what some are
hoping for. A ruined UK.

Not to worry, Dave. It'll never happen.

It will in Scotland when they go independent!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/04/2017 21:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

What about where we are exporting stuff to them and we aren't importing
stuff from them?

Thats never going to happen. There will always
be some that want decent well designed kraut
cars and some of the posh frog grog etc.

who are you going to put tariffs on then?

The stuff that some want to import, stupid.

You haven't thought this through have you?

You've never had a ****ing clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 23:29, Rod Speed wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/04/2017 21:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be
tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no
tariffs at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

What about where we are exporting stuff to them and we aren't
importing stuff from them?

Thats never going to happen. There will always
be some that want decent well designed kraut
cars and some of the posh frog grog etc.

who are you going to put tariffs on then?

The stuff that some want to import, stupid.

You haven't thought this through have you?

You've never had a ****ing clue.

You don't need to prove you are an idiot we already know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

Back pedalling again?

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

And you have simply no clue about how such things work in practice.

--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/04/2017 23:29, Rod Speed wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/04/2017 21:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be
tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no
tariffs at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

What about where we are exporting stuff to them and we aren't importing
stuff from them?

Thats never going to happen. There will always
be some that want decent well designed kraut
cars and some of the posh frog grog etc.

who are you going to put tariffs on then?

The stuff that some want to import, stupid.

You haven't thought this through have you?

You've never had a ****ing clue.

You don't need to prove you are an idiot we already know.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag, remoaner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , TimW
escribió:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

Brilliant!

I've sent that to a German mate who, unusually for a German, has a well-
developed sense of humour. He'll love it

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 14:58:14 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

Are you implying that foreign cars weren't as bad?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

Back pedalling again?

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

And you have simply no clue about how such things work in practice.

I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to be
governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/17 09:29, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

Back pedalling again?

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

And you have simply no clue about how such things work in practice.

I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to be
governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.

Because they work for that unelected quango in Brussels, directly or
indirectly, and lower wages and more immigration means they get servants
cheaper.

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2017 09:29, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

Back pedalling again?

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

And you have simply no clue about how such things work in practice.

I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to be
governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.

I'm still waiting for the brexiteers to explain why immigration will
change in a significant way.

also why they think wages will go up

and why we wont still have to follow the EU directives to get CE on what
we want to export to the EU.

and who is going to pay for all the extra red tape.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

The problem with that line is there's more than one of "them"

We cannot remove tariffs from imports from the EU without also removing
tariffs from imports (of the same thing) from the USA or China (you can
replace remove with impose in that sentence to get the contra view)

How do we balance this trick if the EU wants to impose tariffs on us, but
the US doesn't? (for the purpose of the discussion, just pretend that might
happen)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be
tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

The problem with that line is there's more than one of "them"

We cannot remove tariffs from imports from the EU without also ...

There are no tariffs on stuff we import from the EU.

That's because we are in it.

There are also no tariff on stuff that we export to the EU.

Now.

but once we leave, we will have the EU External Tariff imposed on all our
exports to them, unless we enter into a trade deal with them. That's a
given. They aren't going to stop imposing tariffs on NZ lamb (as just one
example) because it means imposing tariffs on UK lamb.

What's our response to this situation? Play nice and not impose tariffs,
retaliate and impose them? Remembering that whatever we apply to the EU we
have to apply to ROW.

(FTAOD, I am generally on your side of the argument, it is just on this
point that I disagree with you. Not because I disagree with your choice on
principle, but because I think you are trying to make a too simplistic
choice that is fundamentally impossible)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to be
governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.

I'm still waiting for the brexiteers to explain why immigration will
change in a significant way.

I'm waiting for all those right wing Bexiteers to explain who's going to
pay these higher wages which they say will happen after we've left the EU.
Just were the money will come from. No more austerity?

Or could it be they're merely using the first argument that comes out of
their arse? Without thinking it through - like so much else?

As regards immigration, the last few governments have all promised to
reduce it to a trickle, but failed. Even for the 50% or so which had
nothing to do with the EU.

--
*A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Of course we'll have to comply with EU regs for the stuff we export to
the EU. Just as we do when we export stuff to, say, the US - we have to
follow US norms. But not for stuff we *don't* export, geddit?

Right. So we can go back to fitting red green and black flex to appliances
sold only in the UK. That's really a killer reason to leave the EU.
Perhaps we can go back to 405 lime TV too?

Really makes sense. Instead of one product that conforms across a large
market, we now make several varieties for much smaller ones.

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
There are no tariffs on stuff we import from the EU.

Of course not. We are still in the EU. It's what the UK government does
after leaving that is the point.

If the EU slaps a tariff on say Jaguar after we've left, do you really
think the UK won't on BMW? (Just an example for those who can't think for
themselves)

--
*A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:59:54 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Right. So we can go back to fitting red green and black flex to appliances
sold only in the UK. That's really a killer reason to leave the EU.
Perhaps we can go back to 405 lime TV too?

From Lime Grove Studios?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be
tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no
tariffs at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

[...]

UK tariffs are down to the UK. We can apply any tariff we like within
the WTO rules to any cou7ntry we like. So, tax EU lamb, but not New
Zealand lamb.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:

On 23/04/2017 09:29, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no
tariffs
at all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

Back pedalling again?

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

And you have simply no clue about how such things work in practice.

I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to
be governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.

I'm still waiting for the brexiteers to explain why immigration will
change in a significant way.

also why they think wages will go up

and why we wont still have to follow the EU directives to get CE on
what we want to export to the EU.

Ah, Den reverting to being dim again.

Of course we'll have to comply with EU regs for the stuff we export to
the EU. Just as we do when we export stuff to, say, the US - we have to
follow US norms. But not for stuff we *don't* export, geddit?

Perhaps you can explain why it's only taken you almost a year to
understand this simple point.

I wasn't aware that he had understood the point!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/17 16:21, Capitol wrote:
tim... wrote:

UK tariffs are down to the UK. We can apply any tariff we like
within the WTO rules to any cou7ntry we like. So, tax EU lamb, but not
New Zealand lamb.

(a) There really isn't any EU lamb, We export most of ours.

(b) That is a de facto trade agreement with e.g. New Zealand.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Of course we'll have to comply with EU regs for the stuff we export to
the EU. Just as we do when we export stuff to, say, the US - we have to
follow US norms. But not for stuff we *don't* export, geddit?

Right. So we can go back to fitting red green and black flex to appliances
sold only in the UK. That's really a killer reason to leave the EU.
Perhaps we can go back to 405 lime TV too?

Really makes sense. Instead of one product that conforms across a large
market, we now make several varieties for much smaller ones.

Sometimes Dave I think you are as dim as Dense!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
I'm still waiting for the Remoaners to explain why they wish to be
governed by an unelected quango in Brussels, want lower wages for
British workers and want more immigration.

I'm still waiting for the brexiteers to explain why immigration will
change in a significant way.

I'm waiting for all those right wing Bexiteers to explain who's going to
pay these higher wages which they say will happen after we've left the EU.
Just were the money will come from. No more austerity?

Or could it be they're merely using the first argument that comes out of
their arse? Without thinking it through - like so much else?

As regards immigration, the last few governments have all promised to
reduce it to a trickle, but failed. Even for the 50% or so which had
nothing to do with the EU.

So you want more immigration?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/17 16:24, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Of course we'll have to comply with EU regs for the stuff we export to
the EU. Just as we do when we export stuff to, say, the US - we have to
follow US norms. But not for stuff we *don't* export, geddit?

Right. So we can go back to fitting red green and black flex to
appliances

Why would we deliberately be different for no good reason? Thats why no
one votes Labia anyway. Different for no good reaosn.

sold only in the UK. That's really a killer reason to leave the EU.
Perhaps we can go back to 405 lime TV too?

That would be a Lemon, Dave.

Really makes sense. Instead of one product that conforms across a large
market, we now make several varieties for much smaller ones.

Sometimes Dave I think you are as dim as Dense!

Know, not think.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
There are no tariffs on stuff we import from the EU.

Of course not. We are still in the EU. It's what the UK government does
after leaving that is the point.

If the EU slaps a tariff on say Jaguar after we've left, do you really
think the UK won't on BMW? (Just an example for those who can't think for
themselves)

car manufacturing is so intertwined these days that it would be very
difficult to put a tariff on anything to do with car manufacture, now
sheep, that's different.