Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default mesquite in Austin, TX.

Hey Gang,

I will be in Austin in October and I would like to pick up a
couple of nice mesquite logs to bring back to Kansas City. Does the
city have lots where they take cut trees that I can pick through? Or
does somebody out there have a couple that they would be willing to
trade for something that I might have?

Thanks.....

Alex

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sep 16, 6:37 pm, wrote:
Hey Gang,

I will be in Austin in October and I would like to pick
up a couple of nice mesquite logs to bring back to Kansas City. Does the city have lots where they take cut trees that I can pick through? Or
does somebody out there have a couple that they would be willing to
trade for something that I might have?

Alex, I live down the road in San Antonio. Mesquite is common here,
and often times used as firewood. When you get in it will be fall,
and firewood will be abundant, sometimes sold on the side of the road.

Look in the classified section of the paper or call someone in the
yellow pages to get as much as you want. It shouldn't take long or be
expensive.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote in message oups.com...
On Sep 16, 6:37 pm, wrote:
Hey Gang,

I will be in Austin in October and I would like to pick
up a couple of nice mesquite logs to bring back to Kansas City. Does the city have lots where they take cut trees that I can pick through? Or
does somebody out there have a couple that they would be willing to
trade for something that I might have?

Don't think there is much mesquite in Austin, but a few miles west we'er overrun with it.
A side trip to the Texas Hill Country is worth a look, Burnet, Marble Falls, Johnson City and Blanco are all about one hour west of Austin. A great deal to see....plus the mesquite.

Mesquite scraps todd Woodworking 10 June 15th 06 07:32 AM
Mesquite Source? ROBERT IVEY Woodturning 3 January 28th 05 02:58 AM
need austin TX machinist rick stanford Metalworking 1 November 24th 04 03:00 PM
Mesquite Mike Pio Woodworking 67 September 26th 04 09:51 AM
Mesquite turners. RW Woodturning 9 August 12th 04 05:18 AM