Lawrence L'Hote

Default [OT] Larry's Big Score

I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a nice,
rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect shape
and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have a
nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

jo4hn

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:
I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a nice,
rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect shape
and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have a
nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Larry

LARRY! They're procreating! That's disgusting. You oughta be ashamed!
throb,
jo4hn
Leon

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a
nice, rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect
shape and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have
a nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Nice find. I recall finding out in 1974 that the typical shopping cart like
those you pictured cost a store $200. each. I wonder what they are worth
today?

Robatoy

In article m1U2e.125256$Ze3.83339@attbi_s51,
"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote:

I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a nice,
rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect shape
and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have a
nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Larry

Wow! Chromed, no less. They're all being powder-coated up here in
Kanuckistan. Must be the climate?

For the odd tip on fixing shopping carts, try to watch a few episodes of
Trailer Park Boys...one of the characters, Bubbles, makes a living by
fixing shopping carts.... if you can take the cussin'. (You know, the
'F'-word and all that... not the kind of words one hears in a
wood-dorking shop when one shoves a splinter under one's fingernail,
like JIMMMMMMINEEEEEEE CRRRICKETTTT!!!!...HOW CARELESS OF ME!!! I MUST
BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME!!!!!)
mac davis

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:20:30 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:
I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a nice,
rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect shape
and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have a
nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Larry

LARRY! They're procreating! That's disgusting. You oughta be ashamed!
throb,
jo4hn

what's this newsgroup coming to.. shopping cart porn!! lmfao

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Patriarch

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in

I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of
particle board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping
carts were sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can
envision a nice, rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. snip

What good is a clamp cart that won't roll straight? ;-)

Patriarch

J. Clarke

Leon wrote:

[...]

Hmm--I know where there a a bunch of 'em with the plastic basket smashed to
flinders by the snowplow but the frames seem to be OK. Wonder if it's
worth collecting the wreckage and seeing what can be made from it?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Teamcasa

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of particle
board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping carts were
sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can envision a
nice, rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. The wheels are in perfect
shape and shouldn't be to difficult to remove. Golly, I could have my own
personal cart when I go to Wally World or the Home Depot. It's even got a
child seat(with safety tie down) but, unfortunately, no drink holder. Have
a nice April lst.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...ingcartbig.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Larry, Were they discarded by their owner or just by the last user? I would
contact the store and ask before I cut them up and use them. But that's
just me.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Leon

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Hmm--I know where there a a bunch of 'em with the plastic basket smashed
flinders by the snowplow but the frames seem to be OK. Wonder if it's
worth collecting the wreckage and seeing what can be made from it?

If the wheels are in good shape I would think it would be worth the effort.

Lawrence L'Hote

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Hmm--I know where there a a bunch of 'em with the plastic basket smashed
flinders by the snowplow but the frames seem to be OK. Wonder if it's
worth collecting the wreckage and seeing what can be made from it?

If the wheels are in good shape I would think it would be worth the
effort.

For the two I picked up, the two straight wheels are held on with a simple
bolt and nut. The 'crazy' wheels are welded to a quarter inch thick bar and
that bar welded to the frame. I was able to cut portions of the basket free
with a 2 ft. long pair of bolt cutters but the subframe is held to the
mainframe by four 1/4" bolts that are being 'unconvinced' with a cold chisel
and hammer. It looks like the hand grinder is next up to remove the bolt
head. I don't have a cutting torch for my ox/acet setup or I'd use it. IMHO
these shopping carts are not made to be scavenged....once they're damaged
they're probably ready for the salvage yard.
Larry

mp

LARRY! They're procreating! That's disgusting. You oughta be ashamed!

Um, given the, uh, direction of entry, and, uh, the fact that they're both
the same gender, it's very unlikely to result in baby shopping carts.

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:26:40 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in

I dropped by one of my favorite dumpsters this morning. It's the one
mentioned on this forum some weeks ago that yielded a pickup of
particle board shelving and such. These, perfectly good, shopping
carts were sticking out the top filled with cardboard and foam. I can
envision a nice, rolling clamp card and maybe a tool stand. snip

What good is a clamp cart that won't roll straight? ;-)

Hey, if it makes that cool gurney-wobble sound, who cares?

Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications