Cliff

Default [OT] Are you giving over 100%?

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:23:18 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I think I've found the *perfect* Christmas Gift for Gunner :

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...7/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks, but I already have one.

You should have better things to spend your welfare dollars on.

BTW, What happened to the winger adage about telling the poor
how to solve their problems?

"Just make more money!! Then demand a tax cut !!", right?

All problems have simple answers. See how simple it all is when
you really look at it?

"Who can refute a sneer?"

William Paley
--Moral Philosophy
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:23:18 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Now, does any one have a source for the Lenin Laying In State
non-action figure so I can get Cliffnoid and Guido one? Just to
remind them that Communism is still dead?

Um, Gummer ...... last I looked it was alive & well.

Something like 1/3 of the world's population, if not more,
as a matter of fact, depending on how you count things.

Medical care for those that cannot pay in advance, just
as one example, is Communism. "To each according
to their need", right?

BTW, Guess who is installing THREE times as many
elevators per year as any other nation on the planet.
Yep. China.

HTH
--
Cliff
Frank White

In article , says...

wrote:

I think I've found the *perfect* Christmas Gift for Gunner :

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...7/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks, but I already have one.

You should have better things to spend your welfare dollars on.

Now now, don't be petty.

BTW, What happened to the winger adage about telling the poor
how to solve their problems?

"Just make more money!! Then demand a tax cut !!", right?

All problems have simple answers. See how simple it all is when
you really look at it?

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

FW

William

Right!

The only answers worth considering are big, complex, government
sponsored answers. Send money to the government, let them administer
it, let them choose the contractors, let them choose who qualifies,
watch them squander it.

Cliff

In article , says...

wrote:

I think I've found the *perfect* Christmas Gift for Gunner :

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...7/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks, but I already have one.

You should have better things to spend your welfare dollars on.

Now now, don't be petty.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets do.

BTW, What happened to the winger adage about telling the poor
how to solve their problems?

"Just make more money!! Then demand a tax cut !!", right?

All problems have simple answers. See how simple it all is when
you really look at it?

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

Blame the moon .. it must be a liberal ....

"The good of the people is the highest law."
Cicero
--De Legibus
--
Cliff

Jon Elson

wrote:

I think I've found the *perfect* Christmas Gift for Gunner :

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...7/INstock/Y/D/

Thanks, but I already have one.

Umm, George W. Bush, ** NAVAL ** aviator? Umm, wasn't he in the AIR
National Guard?
Wasn't it his FATHER George H. W. Bush that was the naval aviator in WW II?

I sure HOPE that one carrier landing, which I'm sure he was only riding
along on,
doesn't make him a naval aviator!

Jon

Malcolm Spann

wrote:

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem_neat,
plausible, and wrong."
-- H.L. MENCKEN, A Mencken Chrestomathy

Robert Sturgeon

On 19 Dec 2004 16:20:09 GMT,
(Frank White) wrote:

(snips)

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

That is not true. 2+2 is a problem with a "simple, easy,
obvious" answer that is not "completely, totally,
horrifically wrong." Some people do suggest "answer(s) that
(are) simple, easy, obvious... and completely, totally,
horrifically wrong" for some complex problems that do indeed
require complicated, hard, and not at all obvious answers.
But some problems do have "simple, easy, obvious" answers,
that you might not like.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.
Cliff

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:13:48 -0800, Robert Sturgeon
wrote:

On 19 Dec 2004 16:20:09 GMT,
(Frank White) wrote:

(snips)

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

That is not true. 2+2 is a problem with a "simple, easy,
obvious" answer that is not "completely, totally,
horrifically wrong."

Do you have any foorp of this?

Ever read "Principia Mathematica"?
Take a Fundamentals of Mathematics class?

Start out slow with 1+1 ......
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:54:27 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:13:48 -0800, Robert Sturgeon
wrote:

On 19 Dec 2004 16:20:09 GMT,
(Frank White) wrote:

(snips)

All problems have an answer that is simple, easy, obvious...
and completely, totally, horrifically wrong.

That is not true. 2+2 is a problem with a "simple, easy,
obvious" answer that is not "completely, totally,
horrifically wrong."

Do you have any foorp of this?

Ever read "Principia Mathematica"?
Take a Fundamentals of Mathematics class?

Start out slow with 1+1 ......

http://www.idt.mdh.se/~icc/1+1=2.htm is seemingly wrong (after
362 pages getting there) G.

Then see (for some background):
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/newton...th/MATH049.HTM
And http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Logic.html

IIRC Wittgenstein found the fatal flaw ..... and I used to
understand it sigh.

Now, about your "simple, easy, obvious" answer ..... ?

VBG
--
Cliff

Old Sony ccd-tr96 giving "warning" Mystere Electronics Repair 1 March 6th 04 10:18 PM
HOA giving grief about fence ted Home Ownership 33 October 24th 03 09:57 PM
Giving credit where credit's due - Daniel Sofie Gurkle Electronics Repair 6 August 12th 03 02:27 AM