Lawrence L'Hote

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Hmm--I know where there a a bunch of 'em with the plastic basket smashed
flinders by the snowplow but the frames seem to be OK. Wonder if it's
worth collecting the wreckage and seeing what can be made from it?

If the wheels are in good shape I would think it would be worth the
effort.

For the two I picked up, the two straight wheels are held on with a simple
bolt and nut. The 'crazy' wheels are welded to a quarter inch thick bar and
that bar welded to the frame. I was able to cut portions of the basket free
with a 2 ft. long pair of bolt cutters but the subframe is held to the
mainframe by four 1/4" bolts that are being 'unconvinced' with a cold chisel
and hammer. It looks like the hand grinder is next up to remove the bolt
head. I don't have a cutting torch for my ox/acet setup or I'd use it. IMHO
these shopping carts are not made to be scavenged....once they're damaged
they're probably ready for the salvage yard.
Larry