Morris Dovey

Default [OT] Wish List

[1] Peace on Earth.
[2] Goodwill between all people.
[3] That sometime during their life every person
plant seven trees for those who follow.

Best wishes to all!

--
Morris
TWS

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 01:55:22 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

[1] Peace on Earth.
[2] Goodwill between all people.

Indeed!

[3] That sometime during their life every person
plant seven trees for those who follow.

And make 'em Black Cherry...

Best wishes to all!

Thanks and same to you and yours,
TWS
George

wrote:

[1] Peace on Earth.
[2] Goodwill between all people.

Indeed!

[3] That sometime during their life every person
plant seven trees for those who follow.

And make 'em Black Cherry...

Plant one - the birds will plant thousands more.

Oh yes, you'll have to cut down a few trees - cherry doesn't like shade.

Silvan

Morris Dovey wrote:

[3] That sometime during their life every person
plant seven trees for those who follow.

Um... Let's see... 10, 20, 30... Plus the ones at the corner of Depot and
Franklin, for the town's "I Planted a Tree" photo op thing. (Photo op for
the mayor, who put the shovel into the ground, got his picture snapped,
then handed it to an eight year old girl. Stand up guy.) Probably another
10 there. Then... One, two, three, four, five, six, seven more...
Eight... Call it another 10. So that's about 50 so far.

Good enough, or should I keep plantin'em?

(Can I have some more property please? Mine is full up. I have something
like 48 trees on a 1/3 acre plot. Most of them are understory trees, or
short-lived fast growers like willows and birches, but that's a *lot* of
trees. Mowing my yard SUCKS!

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Morris Dovey

Silvan wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:

[3] That sometime during their life every person plant seven
trees for those who follow.

Um... Let's see... 10, 20, 30... Plus the ones at the
corner of Depot and Franklin, for the town's "I Planted a
Tree" photo op thing. (Photo op for the mayor, who put the
shovel into the ground, got his picture snapped, then handed
it to an eight year old girl. Stand up guy.) Probably
another 10 there. Then... One, two, three, four, five, six,
seven more... Eight... Call it another 10. So that's about
50 so far.

Good enough, or should I keep plantin'em?

More than good enough - and yes, keep on planting. (-:

(Can I have some more property please? Mine is full up. I
have something like 48 trees on a 1/3 acre plot. Most of them
are understory trees, or short-lived fast growers like willows
and birches, but that's a *lot* of trees. Mowing my yard
SUCKS!

'S lotsa trees to mow around. Ever thought of a Linux-based mower
controller?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

TWS

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:18:41 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

'S lotsa trees to mow around. Ever thought of a Linux-based mower
controller?

Heard about a windoz one but it never finished - too busy downloading
security patches.

TWS

Around 1950 there was an article about a man living in Berkeley, CA
that programmed his mower to start, exit its 'garage' then mow the
back lawn. Haven't seen what the author expected for homeowners use
though.

wrote:

'S lotsa trees to mow around. Ever thought of a Linux-based mower
controller?

Charlie Self

nospambob responds:

wrote:

'S lotsa trees to mow around. Ever thought of a Linux-based mower
controller?

Husqvarna produces a robot mower, and, I think, Toro does, too.

Charlie Self
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS cohibas Home Ownership 1 December 24th 04 01:20 AM
Amazon's "List" prices...from where? Rob Woodworking 6 November 29th 04 10:35 PM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
cutting list =>shoppihng list & board feet. Newbie wood shoppingquestion Jim Helfer Woodworking 2 September 3rd 04 03:07 AM
Amazing Cash Flow Cashflowstoday Home Ownership 0 January 7th 04 09:45 PM