ct.feet

Default Delta 6" X5 Jointer

Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is model 37-275. I
have found a place I can get it for $499 with the $50 rebate or free tool.
I'd like to know what you think of this jointer. Is it work the money or a
waste? It seems like a pretty good tool. It has a decently long cast iron
bed and 1 HP motor. Thanks for any help with this.

ct.feet
dustyone

ct.feet wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is model

37-275. I
have found a place I can get it for $499 with the $50 rebate or free

tool.
I'd like to know what you think of this jointer. Is it work the

money or a
waste? It seems like a pretty good tool. It has a decently long

cast iron
bed and 1 HP motor. Thanks for any help with this.

ct.feet

I hope it's a good jointer, because I'm buying one in a few hours. I
looked at the Powermatic 6" jointer, and if you have the extra $, it
would probably be worth looking into. It has a longer bed than the
Delta. The salesman at Woodcraft told me that the Powermatics were the
old standby for many high school wood shops.

Curt Blood
Amateur Furniture Builder

The Delta 6" X5 will serve you very well. IMHO it is a very good value
and at a good price. The machine is well made and I know several local
woodworkers that own the unit and they are well satisfied. The
Powermatic is also a very nice machine. Just depends on your budget
and the room you have in your shop.
good luck
Mike from American Sycamore

Teamcasa

Its a good machine for the money, you won't be disappointed. Take the time
to tune it properly.

Dave

"ct.feet" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is model 37-275. I
have found a place I can get it for $499 with the $50 rebate or free tool.
I'd like to know what you think of this jointer. Is it work the money or
waste? It seems like a pretty good tool. It has a decently long cast
iron
bed and 1 HP motor. Thanks for any help with this.

ct.feet

http://www.usenet.com
Patriarch

"Teamcasa" wrote in :

Its a good machine for the money, you won't be disappointed. Take the
time to tune it properly.

Dave

"ct.feet" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is model
37-275. I have found a place I can get it for $499 with the $50
rebate or free tool. I'd like to know what you think of this jointer.
Is it work the money or a
waste? It seems like a pretty good tool. It has a decently long
cast iron
bed and 1 HP motor. Thanks for any help with this.

ct.feet

I was in my local Rockler this morning. This machine is in their ad at
$579, IIRC, with a $50 rebate and a $100 gift card. Or maybe it was the
other way around. So that may be an option.

Indicative of a Delta promotion, I would think.

I'd rather have longer tables, but I'm not the one buying today...

Patriarch

Doug

I'll continue to tell anyone who will listen: You can get the exact
same jointer for $339 from Yorkcraft (Wilke Tools, out of PA). The
machine is made in the same shop, painted a different color and shipped
under the Yorkcraft name. I have one and love it. Call the reps. at
Yorkcraft and feel them out, but after doing my own research, I'm
completely confident that they are indeed the same machine.
Here's the link:
http://www.wilkemachinery.com/Yorkcr...10322484182983

Good luck!

ct.feet wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is model

37-275. I
have found a place I can get it for $499 with the $50 rebate or free

tool.
I'd like to know what you think of this jointer. Is it work the

money or a
waste? It seems like a pretty good tool. It has a decently long

cast iron
bed and 1 HP motor. Thanks for any help with this.

ct.feet

Kiwanda

"ct.feet" wrote in
:

Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is

model 37-275.

So far I have the experience of moving the pallets containing
mine from one side of the garage to the other. Hope to set it
up this weekend, but won't likely be able to use it for
another week or two.

I looked at the Sunhill and similar but found the shipping
absurd-- $125 for the Sunhill, which made the net price more
than the Delta. The Delta five year warranty was also a plus.

With all the rebates, free shipping, and other incentives, I
ended up with the jointer and the 22-580 planer for just over
$700 net, shipped. It took three working days for the jointer
to get to my town, and three more for the transfer company to
get it into my garage. The planer arrived by fed-ex two days
after I ordered it.

One thing I can't figure out is how Amazon ships stuff like
this for free...they are selling at prices about the same as
everyone else (sometimes lower) but ship for free-- when
Sunhill and Yorkcraft are charging $120+ for the same shipping
service.

-Kiwanda
max

Amazon owns nothing. They get the order and it goes to the warehouse or the
distributor or god for all I know and it gets shipped without them touching
it. They sell such high quantities that their discount is huge. The trucking
companies offer ridiculous discounts. Our small firm gets 55% discount on
quoted rates. The factory we buy from charges us over 50% less than our
quoted rate. That means 50% less than our 55% discount. I think it is volume
and repetition that make it cheap.
max

"ct.feet" wrote in
:

[...]

Frank & Renee

I have had the Jointer for a year or so....its great! I have run a few
hundred BF of maple and cherry through it and its performance has remained
rock solid!
I bought mine through Amazon and got a free PC router.

Frank

.. .

Delta 6" jointer habbi Woodworking 9 January 24th 05 06:02 AM
Grizz G1182HW vs. Delta 37-195 jointer... Silvan Woodworking 4 January 24th 05 02:16 AM
DELTA JOINTER $350 LESS 20% @ LOWE'S Hank Gillette Woodworking 0 December 21st 04 05:18 PM
A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer Darrell Woodworking 5 March 5th 04 01:19 AM
FS - Unisaw - Delta DJ-20 Jointer - Jet 13" Planer/Molder Seattle Area RWM Woodworking 4 January 29th 04 02:33 AM