Kiwanda

"ct.feet" wrote in
:

Does anyone have any experience with this jointer? It is

model 37-275.

So far I have the experience of moving the pallets containing
mine from one side of the garage to the other. Hope to set it
up this weekend, but won't likely be able to use it for
another week or two.

I looked at the Sunhill and similar but found the shipping
absurd-- $125 for the Sunhill, which made the net price more
than the Delta. The Delta five year warranty was also a plus.

With all the rebates, free shipping, and other incentives, I
ended up with the jointer and the 22-580 planer for just over
$700 net, shipped. It took three working days for the jointer
to get to my town, and three more for the transfer company to
get it into my garage. The planer arrived by fed-ex two days
after I ordered it.

One thing I can't figure out is how Amazon ships stuff like
this for free...they are selling at prices about the same as
everyone else (sometimes lower) but ship for free-- when
Sunhill and Yorkcraft are charging $120+ for the same shipping
service.

-Kiwanda