Default Robin Hartl - Leaves Hometime - YIKES

Well, we will see less of Robin swinging a hammer
these days. According to the following from the
Hometime site:

----
Robin Hartl was hired by Hometime in July 1992 to begin production of
the 1993 season with her last episode videotaped in August of 2004.
Robin has been a part of some of the most interesting and exciting
Hometime projects ever, including The Lodge-Style Log Home, The House
with Character, and The Prairie Home Remodel. She has half-a-dozen
Hometime bathroom projects and over ten kitchen remodels under her tool
belt. Robin has also taken part nearly a dozen times as Hometime teamed
up with Habitat for Humanity. After twelve seasons and over three
hundred episodes, Robin has been with Hometime longer than any female
co-host
-----

Question is, will she have her own set of shows like
JoAnne did after leaving Hometime? I'll certainly miss
her.

I have also noticed that begining with last year, they
have changed the format of the show abit. More on camera
time with the homeowners and crew talking about the
project. Not sure if I find that intersting or not.
What do you all think?

MJ Wallace

I got this email from Hometime customer service...
-----------------------
Dear Carl,

Thanks for taking the time to write us!
Robin has not said what she is going to be up to. I did hear that she
may be continuing on as spokesperson as Little Giant.
Sincerely,

Jamie Swanson
Hometime Customer Service

put \RP\ in front of the 77469 to reply

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:36:24 -0600, WD wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

LOL, this reminds me of the long thread some time ago about Robin's
keister...........

Mutt

put "RP" in front of the 77469 to reply wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:36:24 -0600, WD wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

Nick Bozovich

Definately -

"put "RP" in front of the 77469 to reply" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:36:24 -0600, WD wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

Dan

wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

You and me both thar pardnar!

It looked better than JoAnne's anyday!

However, with so many home improvement shows and that show not being
carried by DIY, I seem to have not seen to many of the episodes
lately. Most were pretty interesting though, more than some on DIY.

Make more sawdust,

Dan Harriman
Orange, Texas
Brent Beal

wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, we will see less of Robin swinging a hammer
these days. According to the following from the
Hometime site:

----
Robin Hartl was hired by Hometime in July 1992 to begin production of
the 1993 season with her last episode videotaped in August of 2004.

What!!!!!!
That was Hometime!!!!
Liked it a great deal more when JoAnne left. She had an air about her. Also,
heard that she was kind of uppity during public appearances. Saw her new
commercial for Mr. Rooter or something like that. Boy, she has ballooned,
guess that old metabolism caught up with her..

jo4hn

put "RP" in front of the 77469 to reply wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:36:24 -0600, WD wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

I wonder if she ever heard of the threads in which she and her tush were
the subject of discussion. What is it like to be the subject of a mass
cyber-drool?
throb,
jo4hn
WD

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:55:58 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

When I say I "watching her." I really enjoy the show with Dean Johnson and not
their anatomy's!

She is definitely attractive and physically fit and active. :-)

put "RP" in front of the 77469 to reply wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:36:24 -0600, WD wrote:

What's wrong with Robin? I enjoy watching her on Hometime.

To hell with that. I enjoyed watching her butt.

I wonder if she ever heard of the threads in which she and her tush were
the subject of discussion. What is it like to be the subject of a mass
cyber-drool?
throb,
jo4hn

Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
WD wrote:

I really enjoy the show with Dean Johnson

Anyone notice the resemblence between Dean and Newt Gingrich? Newt could
easily be Dean-o's doughnut-eatin' brother.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Kevin

[...]

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so long is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent than
he. What was she? 3rd or 4th try?

So, no I don't think she'll get her own show. And, yeah, J.L. has
bulked up. Too bad, she had nice pins. Never saw Robin in shorts did
we? I wonder why?
bureaucrat

Kevin wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so long

is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent than

he. ... Never saw Robin in shorts did we? I wonder why?

Respectfully disagree.

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

Cheers

Tom Watson

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:16:37 GMT, Kevin
wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so long is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent than
he. What was she? 3rd or 4th try?

You've disrespected the Butt (cf: "disrespected the Bing").

The usual terminal measures will follow.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
WD

On 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, "bureaucrat" wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so long

is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent than

he. ... Never saw Robin in shorts did we? I wonder why?

Respectfully disagree.

....and I 2nd

Kind Regard

WD

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

Cheers

Ba r r y

On 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, "bureaucrat" wrote:

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

You guys think she's hot?

How old ARE you guys? G

Barry
Dan

WD wrote in
:

wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so
long

is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent
than

Who was the first girl that Beano had on the show. It seemed like
they built a garage or something, then she disappeared.

Just curious,

Dan Harriman
Orange, Texas

Doug Winterburn

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, bureaucrat wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

I'd lug her toolbox where ever and however she told me to.

- Doug

John Grossbohlin

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, "bureaucrat" wrote:

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

You guys think she's hot?

How old ARE you guys? G

To paraphrase from a promo for TOH Classics, "That hurts, that really
hurts." ;-)

John

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

Hmm, nice shots. I was trying to see if she had
and "work" done. Not sure, perhaps a nip and tuck,
but mostly her hair and makeup did change.

Boy, Hometime will be less interesting now.

When JoAnne left, Dean had a farewell event
for her, I wonder if there will be one for Robin.

MJ Wallace

LRod

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:03:41 GMT, Dan wrote:

WD wrote in
:

wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so
long
is
Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent
than

Who was the first girl that Beano had on the show. It seemed like
they built a garage or something, then she disappeared.

No one that I've ever heard of can remember the first girl, Peggy
Knapp (I know I never saw her), but she was on for one season before
JoAnne, who was on for four years. Then Suzanne Egli was on for one
season (I thought she was much hotter than Robin and I think she's the
one that helped with the garage), and was replaced by Robin.

This is all covered at the Hometime webpage, http://www.hometime.com

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:05:23 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn
spake:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, bureaucrat wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

I'd lug her toolbox where ever and however she told me to.

I keep getting dizzy around her; no blood left in the upper
head, I guess. Did you see her in the black leather pants after
she did the round bed surround in the one show, where they wrapped
bending plywood and veneer on the freestanding oval whatchahoozit?
Maaaaaan, hot, hot, hot!

Of course, I love little Robin Kip, too. I don't recall which show
she was on, and she could barely hammer a nail, but she was a little
darlin'. Petite -does-it- for me.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
--------------------------------------
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!

SawDust (Pat)

If you watched it. Joanne was leaving Hometime because she wanted to
take a shot at stand up comedy. I guess that last show was to help
launch her new career.

Within a few months her own "home reno" show was on the air.

Makes me wonder whether her comedy career died very quickly, or maybe
Joanne just got the last laugh.

---------------------

I liked the young Robin. Following the shows line, of a young
couple attacking a remodeling job, it worked. In the end, with the
high end hair and makeup, she just didn't look like anyone who would
hold a hammer or use a saw.

Pat

On 23 Jan 2005 17:38:40 -0800, wrote:

See:
http://azrang.tripod.com/

Hmm, nice shots. I was trying to see if she had
and "work" done. Not sure, perhaps a nip and tuck,
but mostly her hair and makeup did change.

Boy, Hometime will be less interesting now.

When JoAnne left, Dean had a farewell event
for her, I wonder if there will be one for Robin.

MJ Wallace

Doug Winterburn

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:07:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I keep getting dizzy around her; no blood left in the upper head, I guess.
Did you see her in the black leather pants after she did the round bed
surround in the one show, where they wrapped bending plywood and veneer on
the freestanding oval whatchahoozit? Maaaaaan, hot, hot, hot!

No, missed it thank goodness - coulda led to a massive...

Of course, I love little Robin Kip, too. I don't recall which show she was
on, and she could barely hammer a nail, but she was a little darlin'.
Petite -does-it- for me.

Aha, another spinner affectionado ;-)

Lee Gordon

No one that I've ever heard of can remember the first girl, Peggy
Knapp (I know I never saw her), but she was on for one season before
JoAnne, who was on for four years. Then Suzanne Egli was on for one
season (I thought she was much hotter than Robin and I think she's the
one that helped with the garage), and was replaced by Robin.

I actually do remember Peggy Knapp. As I recall they worked on a rather
unimpressive little white house (not too dissimilar to my own house). I
believe she later moved on to the science show Newton's Apple.
Come to think of it, I used to work with a guy named John Knapp who had
worked on Hometime for a year or two but I never thought to ask him if he
was related to Peggy.
I liked Suzanne. I'm sorry she left the show. I think I must be in the
minority in that I never much cared for Robin. She's not bad looking but
there's something about her -- I can't even say exactly what -- that I find
annoying. Give me Amy Winn from TS or Jennie from In A Fix.

Lee

Robert Bonomi

In article .com,
wrote:

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

Hmm, nice shots. I was trying to see if she had
and "work" done. Not sure, perhaps a nip and tuck,
but mostly her hair and makeup did change.

Boy, Hometime will be less interesting now.

When JoAnne left, Dean had a farewell event
for her, I wonder if there will be one for Robin.

Difficult to predict.

After all, when she leaves, they'll be Hart-less. groan

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:55:09 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn
spake:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:07:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I keep getting dizzy around her; no blood left in the upper head, I guess.
Did you see her in the black leather pants after she did the round bed
surround in the one show, where they wrapped bending plywood and veneer on
the freestanding oval whatchahoozit? Maaaaaan, hot, hot, hot!

No, missed it thank goodness - coulda led to a massive...

Of course, I love little Robin Kip, too. I don't recall which show she was
on, and she could barely hammer a nail, but she was a little darlin'.
Petite -does-it- for me.

Aha, another spinner affectionado ;-)

Bloody 'ell. I'm glad I swallowed that last sip of coffee just
before clicking to your reply, dude. Ya almost GOT me. ROTFLMAO!

"Why is the ski rope handle hanging from the bedroom ceiling fan,
Larry?"

--

People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but
most of the time they'll pick themselves up and carry on.

Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:07:04 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

.... snip
annoying. Give me Amy Winn from TS or Jennie from In A Fix.

Lee

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed to
Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Kevin

bureaucrat wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Good riddance. What a bimbo. Only reason she kept her spot so long

is

Dean-o-the-Dimwit finally found a female sidekick less competent than

he. ... Never saw Robin in shorts did we? I wonder why?

Respectfully disagree.

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

Cheers

With regard to the shorts, I stand corrected, but then I haven't watched
the show much for several years. I do however stand by the bimbo/dimwit
characterizations.

Larry Bud

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed

Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summ...0_190423AA.jpg

Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
ups.com...

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed

Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summ...0_190423AA.jpg

She used to be sort of young and cute, but now she is maturing into a rather
attractive young woman. And still fits a nice pair of jeans.

Larry Bud

Ba r r y wrote:
On 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, "bureaucrat" wrote:

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

You guys think she's hot?

How old ARE you guys? G

LOL! I was thinking the same thing... I'm too young to be in this
hobby!

B a r r y

Larry Bud wrote:
Ba r r y wrote:

On 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, "bureaucrat" wrote:

See: http://azrang.tripod.com/

You guys think she's hot?

How old ARE you guys? G

LOL! I was thinking the same thing... I'm too young to be in this
hobby!

I don't even go for the silicone-stripper blondie type, either,
preferring the girl next store look. G

I don't get the whole Robin Hartyl thing.

Barry

Upscale

"B a r r y" wrote in message

I don't get the whole Robin Hartyl thing.

It's very simple. What is better than a woman you find attractive?

It's a woman you find attractive that likes the same things you do.
Obviously since there are so few woman in the woodworking industry as
compared to the amount of men, when you find one, it automatically makes her
more attractive than she might otherwise be.

Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

In article ,
"Upscale" writes:
"B a r r y" wrote in message
Obviously since there are so few woman in the woodworking industry as
compared to the amount of men, when you find one, it automatically makes her
more attractive than she might otherwise be.

That has the ring of "...all the girls look prettier at closing time..."

--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa
Lee Gordon

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summit/2003/photos-press/2003_0720_190423AA.jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige Davis
is leaving her show too. The knuckleheads in charge of programming at TLC
have continually messed around with the format and concept of Trading Spaces
(not to mention over-exposing it with numerous spin-offs and specials) and
seem surprised that the ratings have not held up, so their solution was to
fire Paige and go with a no-host format starting next season.

Lee

Mark & Juanita

On 25 Jan 2005 11:26:47 -0800, "Larry Bud" wrote:

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed

Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summ...0_190423AA.jpg

Yeah, she is pretty cute too.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:48:09 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summit/2003/photos-press/2003_0720_190423AA.jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige Davis
is leaving her show too. The knuckleheads in charge of programming at TLC
have continually messed around with the format and concept of Trading Spaces
(not to mention over-exposing it with numerous spin-offs and specials) and
seem surprised that the ratings have not held up, so their solution was to
fire Paige and go with a no-host format starting next season.

Lee

NOOOOO! Say it ain't so! She was one of the reasons (besides Amy) to
*watch* the bloody show. ... and they are expecting the ratings to improve
after she leaves, ....how?