SawDust (Pat)

Good Lord, it's now Paige Davis.

FYI: In the newspaper today.. Paige Davis is leaving Trading
Places. Her last episode will air in March.

On 25 Jan 2005 11:26:47 -0800, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

They are easy on the eyes, aren't they? Lisa LaPorta on "Designed

Sell" is also a winner IMHO.

Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summ...0_190423AA.jpg

SawDust (Pat)

I don't agree. Thinking back several years to the younger Robin.
The last thing I was thinking about nailing was a hunk of wood.

Pat

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:52:32 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"B a r r y" wrote in message

I don't get the whole Robin Hartyl thing.

It's very simple. What is better than a woman you find attractive?

It's a woman you find attractive that likes the same things you do.
Obviously since there are so few woman in the woodworking industry as
compared to the amount of men, when you find one, it automatically makes her
more attractive than she might otherwise be.

Joe Gorman

Lee Gordon wrote:
Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summit/2003/photos-press/2003_0720_190423AA.jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige Davis
is leaving her show too. The knuckleheads in charge of programming at TLC
have continually messed around with the format and concept of Trading Spaces
(not to mention over-exposing it with numerous spin-offs and specials) and
seem surprised that the ratings have not held up, so their solution was to
fire Paige and go with a no-host format starting next season.

Lee

And they'll be surprised if they achieve a no viewer format, but
won't be sure who to blame.
Joe
D. J. Dorn

I had this old adage on my office wall:

A Japanese Company and an American Company had a boat race. The Japanese
Company won by a mile. The Americans hired consultants to determine what
went wrong. The consultants said that the Japanese Company had six rowers
and one manager while the American Company had four managers and two rowers.
The Americans immediately restructured it's team to have three Sr. Managers,
three Managers and one rower. In the rematch, the Japanese Company won by
two miles - The Americans fired the rower.

Don

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message
Lee Gordon wrote:
Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summit/2003/photos-press/2003_0720_190423AA.jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige
Davis
is leaving her show too. The knuckleheads in charge of programming at
TLC
have continually messed around with the format and concept of Trading
Spaces
(not to mention over-exposing it with numerous spin-offs and specials)
and
seem surprised that the ratings have not held up, so their solution was
fire Paige and go with a no-host format starting next season.

Lee

And they'll be surprised if they achieve a no viewer format, but won't be
sure who to blame.
Joe

Larry Bud

Lee Gordon wrote:
Time for you guys to upgrade, geez.

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summit/2003/photos-press/2003_0720_190423AA.jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige

Davis
is leaving her show too.

WHAT?!?!?! That's 95% of the reason I watch... That and to see the
crap they pump out. She looks FANTASTIC in High Definition.

Greg O

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.ctam.com/conferences/summ..._0720_190423AA.
jpg

You'll probably be disappointed to learn that just like Robin, Paige

Davis
is leaving her show too.

WHAT?!?!?! That's 95% of the reason I watch... That and to see the
crap they pump out. She looks FANTASTIC in High Definition.

She was the ONLY reason to watch, in my opinion! The show was too painful
for me to watch, she did not make up the differance though!
Greg

B a r r y

Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ wrote:

That has the ring of "...all the girls look prettier at closing time..."

You took the words right out of my mouth. G

Barry

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:30:55 GMT, the inscrutable B a r r y
spake:

Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ wrote:

That has the ring of "...all the girls look prettier at closing time..."

You took the words right out of my mouth. G

Just so you know why I quit drinking:

http://diversify.com/wood/6beers1.gif
It's a large animation, so wait until it loads and starts moving.
(I could have done that in 1/5 the file space using Photoshop, but
I didn't make the file.)

As for Robin's butt, this is my favorite pic of her:
http://diversify.com/wood/robinhartlleather.jpg

Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com
or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications

Jason Quick

Surprised no one's posted these yet: (safe for work as far as I can tell):

http://www.sunfyre.com/paigedavis.htm

Jason

B a r r y

Jason Quick wrote:
Surprised no one's posted these yet: (safe for work as far as I can tell):

http://www.sunfyre.com/paigedavis.htm

Jason

Cool...

Barry

I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.

Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last
August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as
spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial
demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked
among the top 10 in the country.

Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the sitcom
Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and
shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of
her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to take
the deal with Little Giant.

Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the offer
to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.

D. J. Dorn

I agree - I'm in the same position and it gripes me every month to pay for
50 more channels that are full of commercials. If it wern't for History,
Discovery & HGTV, I'd probably tank it anyway.

Don

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On 29 Jan 2005 14:24:42 -0800, wrote:

Within months, the infomercial was ranked
among the top 10 in the country.

Somebody ranks infomercials? G

For that matter, someone out there has so little of a life that they
sit through them? TV is bad enough without the "content" being a 30
minute commercial.

If I wasn't married, I wouldn't even bother with cable or sat TV, with
so much to do and so many places and people to see.

Barry

jaime

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:23:16 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

If I wasn't married, I wouldn't even bother with cable or sat TV, with
so much to do and so many places and people to see.

I've often told my sons that if they were not still living with me
(ages 14 and 20 years) I would not even have cable.
I only use the tv to watch dvd's.

J. Clarke

D. J. Dorn wrote:

I agree - I'm in the same position and it gripes me every month to pay for
50 more channels that are full of commercials. If it wern't for History,
Discovery & HGTV, I'd probably tank it anyway.

I really ought to. The big trouble with it is that it's addictive. I sit
down to watch one show and the whole evening's shot. Nice thing about
movies is you go to the movie and 1-1/2 to 5 hours later it's over and you
either have to go out to the lobby and get another ticket or go do
something else.

Don

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
gwj2001

Hi
Does any one where Robin is going. We need more DIY shows. Hopefully
she will host a new one.