Merle

Default Japanese waterstone (power) sharpeners?

I'm looking for a low-RPM motorized japanese waterstone sharpener along
the lines of the Makita that seems to be no longer available. Does
anyone have experience with any that are still commercially available?
I want to be able to do 13" planer knives like n the Makita.

I see you can find the Makita occasionally on Ebay, but the continued
availability of replacement stones is a concern... or not?

Thanks!

Merle

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:22:04 -0500, Merle
wrote:

I'm looking for a low-RPM motorized japanese waterstone sharpener along
the lines of the Makita that seems to be no longer available. Does
anyone have experience with any that are still commercially available?
I want to be able to do 13" planer knives like n the Makita.

I see you can find the Makita occasionally on Ebay, but the continued
availability of replacement stones is a concern... or not?

Thanks!

Merle

Just a general comment: Make sure whatever sharpener you get is
_rigid_. I've had poor experiences with tools like this because I
bought cheap off brands and they flexed.

I might get another one, but only if I paid enough for good quality.

--RC

You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes

DSphotog

FYI - I have a very lightly used Makita like what you are looking for that
I'm looking to sell reasonably. I am no longer able to do wood working due
to disability.

Best,
Dave

Merle

In article ,
"DSphotog" wrote:

FYI - I have a very lightly used Makita like what you are looking for that
I'm looking to sell reasonably. I am no longer able to do wood working due
to disability.

Best,
Dave

can you clarify your email address?

Thanks

Steve Knight

Just to follow up- I thought the Makita was being discontinued because
Amazon listed it as "no longer available" a few weeks ago. I see it is
there once again, and also through Grizzley and Highland. $250-$280 On
the other hand there is a knockoff labeled "PowerFist" for $99 on Ebay.
Looks much lighter weight, especially in the blade holder.

the makita is not too bad. it's not perfect but it is the best one out there in
that price range. those cheap ones man they have to suck the delta sharpening
center sure did (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
DSphotog

Sure Merle, just "untie" it. As in remove "knot" and that's the address.

Best,
Dave

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
How does a 110volt 2 speed motor work 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 11 October 11th 04 09:15 PM
Uninteruptable Power Supply for Water Pump? HerHusband Home Repair 16 January 21st 04 04:32 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Home Repair 0 October 6th 03 03:43 PM
power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM