Merle

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:22:04 -0500, Merle
wrote:

I'm looking for a low-RPM motorized japanese waterstone sharpener along
the lines of the Makita that seems to be no longer available. Does
anyone have experience with any that are still commercially available?
I want to be able to do 13" planer knives like n the Makita.

I see you can find the Makita occasionally on Ebay, but the continued
availability of replacement stones is a concern... or not?

Thanks!

Merle

Just a general comment: Make sure whatever sharpener you get is
_rigid_. I've had poor experiences with tools like this because I
bought cheap off brands and they flexed.

I might get another one, but only if I paid enough for good quality.

--RC

You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes

Just to follow up- I thought the Makita was being discontinued because
Amazon listed it as "no longer available" a few weeks ago. I see it is
there once again, and also through Grizzley and Highland. $250-$280 On
the other hand there is a knockoff labeled "PowerFist" for $99 on Ebay.
Looks much lighter weight, especially in the blade holder.