Doug Winterburn

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:32:16 +0000, John Thomas wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote in
news
I've seen nothing but left wing propoganda to indicate it happened. Is
there any cites other than moveon.org?

Criminy Doug, DAGS; you'll find every thing from Rolling Stone to MSNBC;
among the links, yeah, a lot of "left wing propaganda", but numerous
newspaper articles as well. Surely you don't believe *every* newspapaper
and website are a tool of the left, do you?

Near as I can tell, there was one case of the loyalty oath at a Cheny
appearance in New Mexico. Seems the organizers caught wind of a group
that planned to disrupt the event and made a bad decision. I can find no
other references except the Democrat voting loyalty oath in John Edwards
home state.
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Why's that? You still think it didn't happen?

I've seen nothing but left wing propoganda to indicate it happened. Is
there any cites other than moveon.org?

I didn't post a link from moveon - it was from the Casper Wy Star
Tribune. The Albuquerque paper also had it as did the Wash. Post site.
It was an easy find by typing in "loyalty oath" and "Bush" into Google.

What's with 380.000 tons? The original charge was 380 tons. Since you
or I weren't there, we have no idea what sort of disturbance these
folks may have caused. I also wasn't aware the Oregon State Police
took orders from rally organizers.

Again, you think the State Police didn't do what the account says they
did?

The question is why they did what they did and at whose direction. Do you
know the circumstances and who gave the orders and why?

Nothing other than they were escorted out and away when a rally worker
confronted one of the women on her way to the bathroom. He told her he
thought her statement was "obscene". And the women were asked to leave.
The state police element isn't explained, just reported.

____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:06:09 -0800, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...
They *really* don't want there to be any appearance of dissent.
Remember, their way or the highway.

The response by the faithful will be that if they weren't sitting on your
lap when you saw these news reports, then you really didn't see them. :-)

I am really amazed at the blinders the Bush supporters seem to be
wearing. According to that survey we discussed earlier, a majority
believe things that even Bush doesn't believe.

... and that survey is a pure, unadulterated bunch of bullcrap. I know
of no Bush supporter who thinks those things. Those ideas are actually
much more indicative of liberal thinkers rather than the opposite. It
almost appears to be a liberal's attempt at transference.

Joe Gorman

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
In article ,
Doug Winterburn wrote:

[...]

Here in SC if you are having an event, nominally public, you can
get police officers, local, county and/or state, for a fixed per
hour rate. This provides a level of security enforced by
professionals, theoretically, and is much better than the private
"security" firms and their $7 per hour guards. You pay the police
department not the individual and you get to set your own
standards for behavior, usually stricter than normal public
places, and here, anyway, stricter than public school behavior.
Joe