Old November 27th 20, 11:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 4:25:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:39:26 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 10:25:25 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Would I buy again? Hard to say. The Tundra seemed to be a much tougher
truck. The aluminum body on the Ford seems kinda thin in the bed.

My daughter just bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD. It says Off Road on the side,
so now she does sh!t like driving 160 miles on Rimrocker Trail just to get to
a free campsite in Moab (Utah).

When I lived in Vermont, I had a 4WD Ranger that said "Off Road" on
the side. My wife would get all over me for driving in snow storms. I
told her that it was an off-road truck and that I really could drive
it off road. It took a few times before it sunk in.

As long as the truck didn't sink in too! ;-)

I don't mind if she goes off road when there is no road, like in the
dunes or on the beach, I just don't want her going off *that* road.

The truck has a feature called Crawl Mode. It's for getting out of deep
sand or going over rocky terrain.

You put it in crawl road and then just steer. The computer decides
on which wheel(s) need power and how much.

There's a few pretty cool YouTubes out there showing it off. Unfortunately,
there's a couple of bad ones too. One guy kept going on and on how much
it sucked, proving it by getting stuck and having to be towed out. Then you
read the comments and see how many people called him an idiot for all the
things he did wrong, such as locking the rear end at the same time as he
was using Crawl mode.

HKnda like the bar maid who told be that she was going hunting bear.
OK... Couldn't pass that one up. After a half hour of her calling me
a chauvinist (hell, I just told her "I'd like to see that!"), I had to
remind her that there was more than one way of spelling "bear".

The road on the bottom right is the same road that she's on up top. There's
a bunch of really steep switchbacks that get you down there. 3 - 4 MPH max
in some spots.

https://i.imgur.com/Nrhgmeb.jpg

Her rig is on the left he

https://i.imgur.com/u1nMNFF.jpg

Cornish Hens and Stuffed squash for Thanksgiving.

https://i.imgur.com/P0rLiyr.jpg

She hung back to take this picture of her friends:

https://i.imgur.com/hebNQSF.jpg

Old November 28th 20, 12:34 AM posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 19:46:16 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

You sure about that?
https://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/Chevrolet/Silverado-1500/

Looks like a combination of bad brakes, bad airbags, and bad seat
belts. What could go wrong?

I'll take excessive oil consumption thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMvjeBFFYU

You're welcome.
Old November 28th 20, 02:53 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

You sure about that?
https://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/Chevrolet/Silverado-1500/

Looks like a combination of bad brakes, bad airbags, and bad seat
belts. What could go wrong?

I'll take excessive oil consumption thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMvjeBFFYU

You're welcome.

That was 12th generation. Does the 14th generation have the same
problem?
Old November 28th 20, 03:14 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:
Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

That's pretty compelling! LOL
Old November 28th 20, 05:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2020 2:39 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 10:25:25 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Would I buy again? Hard to say. The Tundra seemed to be a much tougher
truck. The aluminum body on the Ford seems kinda thin in the bed.

My daughter just bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD. It says Off Road on the side,
so now she does sh!t like driving 160 miles on Rimrocker Trail just to get to
a free campsite in Moab (Utah).

The road on the bottom right is the same road that she's on up top. There's
a bunch of really steep switchbacks that get you down there. 3 - 4 MPH max
in some spots.

https://i.imgur.com/Nrhgmeb.jpg

I have done somethigng like that in a car. LOL

Her rig is on the left he

https://i.imgur.com/u1nMNFF.jpg

Well it must have relatively easy, a Nissan was able to make it. ;~)

Cornish Hens and Stuffed squash for Thanksgiving.

https://i.imgur.com/P0rLiyr.jpg

Nothing like a camp fire meal. At my son's wedding in Bandara, Texas,
we all got up before day break, rode horses to a spot in the woods where
the staff had a camp fire breakfast. Yum!

She hung back to take this picture of her friends:

https://i.imgur.com/hebNQSF.jpg

I love that part of the country. We used to vacation there a lot up
until about 15 Years ago.

Old November 28th 20, 05:55 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2020 1:46 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

LOL

Had one of those too. They break down repeatedly with the same problem.

97 Silverado. 2 Alternators, Water Pump, 2 Intake manifold gaskets, 2
heater heater hose couplings. Blower motor.

I used to work at a GM dealership, Service Sales Manager, Parts
Manager, and the GM for an AC/Delco wholesale distributor.

We stocked hundreds of single part number AC compressors, Starters,
Alternators, and blower motors.
Old November 28th 20, 05:57 PM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

You sure about that?
https://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/Chevrolet/Silverado-1500/

Looks like a combination of bad brakes, bad airbags, and bad seat
belts. What could go wrong?

I'll take excessive oil consumption thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMvjeBFFYU

You're welcome.

Not an uncommon problem with any brand 4 WD. Ram has/had that issue too.
Old November 28th 20, 07:48 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 11:47:24 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
[...]

Here's something that my daughter and I found quite interesting.

She had sent me the pictures of the campsite, the meal and the
white truck on the cliff earlier this week. (The Thanksgiving meal
was actually enjoyed on the weekend before Thanksgiving.)

She didn't send me that picture of her truck on the road until
yesterday. Prior to that, when I was describing the trip to other
folks, I had been using a picture that I found on the web that
I thought was a good image of what the Rimrocker Trail was like.
You'll notice that it's a Bronco, but more importantly, look at the
location.

The image I was using last week:

https://i.imgur.com/2EBxaGq.jpg

The image my daughter sent me yesterday:

https://i.imgur.com/Nrhgmeb.jpg

160 miles of trail. Hundreds of web images for me to choose from.
Innumerable spots that she could have stopped to take a picture,
and we both chose the same spot.

Coincidence or connection?
Old November 29th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues
that the dealer nor factory rep could figure out.

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

LOL

Had one of those too. They break down repeatedly with the same problem.

97 Silverado. 2 Alternators, Water Pump, 2 Intake manifold gaskets, 2
heater heater hose couplings. Blower motor.

I used to work at a GM dealership, Service Sales Manager, Parts
Manager, and the GM for an AC/Delco wholesale distributor.

We stocked hundreds of single part number AC compressors, Starters,
Alternators, and blower motors.

I have just over 100K on my F150. So far, the only things I've
replaced are batteries(2), tires(1 set), brakes, and plugs. Of course
oil, filters, and all the routine stuff.

This is the only vehicle I've had that's gone over 100K. My Ranger
might have limped over the line, before it was put out of its misery.
Old November 29th 20, 03:04 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

[...]

Current Family Hondas: 2017 Odyssey EX-L, 2019 HR-V EX-L,
2011 CR-V EX, 2007 CR-V EX-L

Former Family Hondas: 2004 Odyssey LX, 2006 Odyssey EX-L,
2007 Civic LX, 2003 Element EX AWD

Except for the 17 Ody and 19 HR-V, all of the other vehicles
either have or did have well over 100K when they were either
sold or traded in. The 04 and 06 Odyssey's had over 160K.

The insurance company bought the 04 Ody...

https://i.imgur.com/A5gCcsO.jpg