Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On 11/29/2020 11:51 AM, dpb wrote:
On 11/29/2020 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:

It is not unusual for an 18 wheeler engine to go 1,000,000 miles and
to be rebuilt a time or two after that.

That's at least as much to do with that a truck tractor is solid-enough
to last as well and that 90% of those 1M are OTR.

LOL Yeah, there is that.

The consumer pickemup otoh, isn't intended for such longevity by
design--even if were, people simply get tired of personal vehicles for
other reasons first.

The last Duramax I had had almost 500K when traded; it's still in use as
I see it occasionally around town.Â* I fully expect at least that with
this one as well...but the rest of the truck was getting frayed enough
and, like you, we decided wanted a better ride and the four doors, so
gave up two in place of one for it.

No doubt that some of the pick up diesels will go and go. BUT the Ford
pick up diesel that "had" such a great reputation.....well Ford just
recently lost an enormous class action law suite over that engine.

And then there is the price of the option to get those diesel engines....