Jeff

Default Now it is Grizzly VS. Delta was...Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly

Thank you all for your comments and the info.

Tom, you are right, there is about a 6 week wait on the Grizzly G0444Z
right now.

So in keeping with the $600 price range to cover the
saw/shipping/whatever, what do you great folks think about the lower
end Delta saws? I am looking at the 36-650 on the website, but I
think it will be too expensive new.

What is the deal with the 36-655? Only available in Canada or will it
come to the Lower 48 soon? I looked up some info, based on emails
about the Ridgid 3650, can the Delta 36-655 really be 1 3/4 hp when it
is rated at 7 amps on 220v?

Any first hand remarks about the Deltas would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
JohnT.

I have a 36-650, a nice, all around table saw. big and heavy enough to
be very sturdy, and too big to get borrowed! Get one of those wheeled
dolly things to move it around if you have a small shop. You might also
want to get a better blade, the one that came with it seems to leave a
bit rough finish. I'm still using it, just haven't needed a smoother cut
yet with what I've done so far.

I honestly can't remember what I paid for it, got it on sale at the
local farm and fleet store.

John

Ken in Canada

Jeff

I bought the 36-655 just a week ago and I'm pretty impressed. It really is
just a contractor with a cab around it but I'd recommend it to anyone for
home use. As far as the HP rating of the motor that is way out of my area
of expertize,,,I just cut wood!!! Love the fence!!!

Good luck in your research.
\
BTW...the price I paid was $899 Canadian dollars...not sure what that is in
American...prob 40 bucks or so!

Ken

"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
Thank you all for your comments and the info.

Tom, you are right, there is about a 6 week wait on the Grizzly G0444Z
right now.

So in keeping with the $600 price range to cover the
saw/shipping/whatever, what do you great folks think about the lower
end Delta saws? I am looking at the 36-650 on the website, but I
think it will be too expensive new.

What is the deal with the 36-655? Only available in Canada or will it
come to the Lower 48 soon? I looked up some info, based on emails
about the Ridgid 3650, can the Delta 36-655 really be 1 3/4 hp when it
is rated at 7 amps on 220v?

Any first hand remarks about the Deltas would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Jim

Jeff,

Firstly, I'm not an expert on motors so feel free to treat my
ramblings as suspect. The voltage 'seen' by your saw really is
probably closer to 240v than 220v and 230v is a good conservative
figure to work with in most cases but lets use 220v. 7A @ 220v ==
1540W. At 746W/1hp, your saw can generate a fraction over 2hp in a
perfect world with no losses which of course isn't the case. Again,
we've estimated conservatively so 2hp is the least upper bound (its
probably higher). I can't say whether or not the claim of 1 3/4hp is
correct but it's certainly not impossible.

Jim
Jeff

Thanks for all of your answers and the HP stuff. I was at the local
Woodcraft this weekend trying to get a feel for Delta prices, some
were a bit out of my range. The salesman was very helpful and said
that there is a Delta factory store in Pigeon Forge, TN which is not
too far from where I live, so I might go check that out sometime.

My search continues.

Jeff