Ken in Canada

Default Now it is Grizzly VS. Delta was...Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly

Jeff

I bought the 36-655 just a week ago and I'm pretty impressed. It really is
just a contractor with a cab around it but I'd recommend it to anyone for
home use. As far as the HP rating of the motor that is way out of my area
of expertize,,,I just cut wood!!! Love the fence!!!

Good luck in your research.
\
BTW...the price I paid was $899 Canadian dollars...not sure what that is in
American...prob 40 bucks or so!

Ken

"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
Thank you all for your comments and the info.

Tom, you are right, there is about a 6 week wait on the Grizzly G0444Z
right now.

So in keeping with the $600 price range to cover the
saw/shipping/whatever, what do you great folks think about the lower
end Delta saws? I am looking at the 36-650 on the website, but I
think it will be too expensive new.

What is the deal with the 36-655? Only available in Canada or will it
come to the Lower 48 soon? I looked up some info, based on emails
about the Ridgid 3650, can the Delta 36-655 really be 1 3/4 hp when it
is rated at 7 amps on 220v?

Any first hand remarks about the Deltas would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff