Jeff

Default Now it is Grizzly VS. Delta was...Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly

Thanks for all of your answers and the HP stuff. I was at the local
Woodcraft this weekend trying to get a feel for Delta prices, some
were a bit out of my range. The salesman was very helpful and said
that there is a Delta factory store in Pigeon Forge, TN which is not
too far from where I live, so I might go check that out sometime.

My search continues.

Jeff

(Jim) wrote in message . com...
Jeff,

Firstly, I'm not an expert on motors so feel free to treat my
ramblings as suspect. The voltage 'seen' by your saw really is
probably closer to 240v than 220v and 230v is a good conservative
figure to work with in most cases but lets use 220v. 7A @ 220v ==
1540W. At 746W/1hp, your saw can generate a fraction over 2hp in a
perfect world with no losses which of course isn't the case. Again,
we've estimated conservatively so 2hp is the least upper bound (its
probably higher). I can't say whether or not the claim of 1 3/4hp is
correct but it's certainly not impossible.

Jim