dave

Default Grizzly Band Saw - Opinions?

Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw?
Good, bad, indifferent?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?

This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see what some
experienced opinions might offer.

Thanks.

Dave

SwampBug

Ditto!

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

" wrote in =
message ink.net...

"dave" wrote in message=20
Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw?
Good, bad, indifferent?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?

This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see =

what=20
some experienced opinions might offer.

Thanks.

Dave

=20

Tyke

I bought one of these to replace my 15in Grizzly saw which gave good
service, and I wanted a better fence and width. I have been very happy with
the upgrade.

The only less than positive detail has been the ON/OFF switch is not quite
the quality or sensitivity I would like. I have had a few occasions where I
pressed OFF, but perhaps too light and had to press OFF harder to get this
to work.

I love the features, and especially ease of adjustment, including height
adjustment.

I had wanted the feature of being able to release tension on the blade, but
find this is a mixed blessing. The design is very good and fast to swing
the lever to tension or release tension. I find it all too easy to forget I
have this feature. The saw has a useful little window to see the degree of
tension, but due how I stand at the bandsaw, I do not see this head-on and
flip the switch, then hear the blade fall-off and only then remember "Duh,
forgot to tension the blade".

This is a great tool for the price.

Dave Paine.

"dave" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw?
Good, bad, indifferent?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?

This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see what

some
experienced opinions might offer.

Thanks.

Dave

Brian and Brenda Mahaney

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:04:05 GMT, Tyke wrote:

[...]

Have you done any serious resawing with it? If so, how does it do?

Brian

dave

Thanks. I'm looking for something capable of both light and heavy work.
How narrow of a sawblade have you used on it?

I'm reading a bandsaw review in American Woodworker, but only have Nov's
issue (part 2). It's touches on the 18 in. G0506, and mentions some
difficulty in tracking smaller blades due to a low crown on the wheels. But
the 18 in. spec. lists blades going down to 3/8", vs. a 1/8" min width on
the 17 in. So I'm thinking the artcile's dig may not be as applicable to
the 17 in. model, as it's specs may suggest (to me at least) better tracking
of smaller blades.

Dave

"dave" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw?
Good, bad, indifferent?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?

This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see what

some
experienced opinions might offer.

Thanks.

Dave

SwampBug

i have it installed on mine but have not done any serious resawing. It =
will be there when i do.

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"dave" wrote in message =
Do you use the extension block kit by any chance?

" wrote in=20
message ink.net...

"dave" wrote in message=20
Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw?
Good, bad, indifferent?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?

This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see =

what=20
some experienced opinions might offer.

Thanks.

Dave

=20

Ace

If you put that accessory on your saw do you have to use 105" blades or can
you easily remove it and go back to 95" blades?

--
SwampBug