Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On 11/30/2020 8:46 AM, dpb wrote:
On 11/29/2020 7:56 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/29/2020 11:51 AM, dpb wrote:
On 11/29/2020 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:

It is not unusual for an 18 wheeler engine to go 1,000,000 miles and
to be rebuilt a time or two after that.

That's at least as much to do with that a truck tractor is
solid-enough to last as well and that 90% of those 1M are OTR.

LOL Yeah, there is that.

The consumer pickemup otoh, isn't intended for such longevity by
design--even if were, people simply get tired of personal vehicles
for other reasons first.

The last Duramax I had had almost 500K when traded; it's still in use
as I see it occasionally around town.Â* I fully expect at least that
with this one as well...but the rest of the truck was getting frayed
enough and, like you, we decided wanted a better ride and the four
doors, so gave up two in place of one for it.

No doubt that some of the pick up diesels willÂ* go and go.Â* BUT the
Ford pick up diesel that "had" such a great reputation.....well Ford
just recently lost an enormous class action law suite over that engine.

Hadn't heard anything about it...surprises me, but never had a Ford
truck on the place.Â* But there surely are a lot of them around and not
heard any of the guys with them grouching about the engine.Â* One of the
guys in the old coffee klatch when we were still meeting didn't like his
new one nearly as well, but it wasn't the engine he complained about but
all the foo-fah electronics.

And then there is the price of the option to get those diesel engines....

And what did that truck tractor diesel cost to get the 1M miles in
comparison?Â* Pickemup diesels are not that expensive in comparison--it's
easy to drop $50K on gas model any more.

I cannot say what rebuilding would cost.

In the case of choosing a new F250 with the Power Stroke Diesel, you
start with an XL-250 for $35675.00 and add 30% for the diesel. $10,495.00

Apparently Ford knew about a problem with their 6.0 Powerstroke diesel
going back to 2014. I'm not certain if the 6.7 is an improvement or
status quo.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/6-...-against-ford/

The mileage difference w/ the Duramax is impressive and makes it up plus
if one really uses the truck as a truck (very few PUs by comparison
really are trucks) it's incomparable.

We got by w/ gas for years back in the 50s-60s-70s and pulled the guts
out of 'em w/ anhydrous trailers, bale beds, etc., etc., ... but I'd
never go back.