Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:31:26 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I am seriously looking at the 46" for myself to replace my Craftsman
26". At my local HD I also found a display and boxed 52" Husky. NOT
the regular Husky, built very much like the Milwaukee. Same casters as
the Milwaukee. Same soft close drawers, Some type peg board style
panel on the back, 2 breakered and USB multi outlets, Black wrinkle
paint and gloss black drawer pulls. Rated for 2500 lbs. and 120 lb rated
drawers and a 5 year warranty. And IIRC 20" deep drawers as opposed to
16". 35,757 cu. in of storage... Huge.
Same price as the 46" Milwaukee. I cannot find any information on
that particular 52" Husky, it is $100 more than the regular 52" Huskys.

I would not be surprised if Milwaukee, Craftsman, DeWalt, Lowes, Home Depot all have their tool boxes built by the same one or two companies in China, Malaysia, Vietnam. One or two companies make all the good tool boxes. One or two other companies make the lesser grade tool boxes. All the boxes by these companies come from the same place. All are pretty much identical. Except Orange Home Depot, Red Milwaukee, Yellow DeWalt, Red Craftsman, Blue Lowes. Does Home Depot also make a black box?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/23/2016 6:11 PM, wrote:
[...]

I just returned from Home Depot. Lowe's Kobalt are either blue or
stainless steel. IIRC the Stainless Steel are the better grade of box
but I was not impressed. The ball bearing slides were crotchety on all
three of the boxes that I looked at.

Actually Porter Cable has a box that is grey and black and lools like
the Milwaukee and DeWalt.

Home Depot boxes/ Husky are black.

I rearranged my garage this morning. Some how my 3 car garage was more
crowded than my old 2 car, and no new equipment so to speak.
Anyway I needed to see if I could fit in a 46" box and I ended up with
an additional 80" of wall space. So I thought I might look at the HD
Husky 52". This particular one was a lot like the Milwaukee. Wrinkle
paint, soft close drawers and deeper drawers than the regular 52" Husky.

Closer inspection revealed a less stout/robust bottom. Caster bolted to
sheet metal rather than 6 gauge "L" brackets all around the bottom and
crossing in two extra places for the casters. I spied the China country
of origin label on the box. AND it has some gimmicky bright black stick
on trim. Nice box but I think the Milwaukee will let me sleep better at
night.

AND from yesterday to today the Milwaukee went up from $698 to $749.
I easily talked them into letting me buy it for yesterdays price. When
they pulled my name up they were happy to see that I had also bought the
30" Milwaukee last week. :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 07:34:17 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 8/23/2016 7:18 AM, Leon wrote:

Typically the company that is the first to invent/market a particular
style tool is how the tool gets it's name.

Crescent Wrench the adjustable wrench, Allen Wrench the hex wrench, Skil
Saw the circular saw, Channellock Plyers the slip joint plyers, Torx
wrench the star wrench, Phillips driver, cross head driver.

And sometimes what the tool is originally named sticks. Milwaukee
"Sawsall" a recip saw, and probably the "Domino" when the Festool patent
expires.

Oh! Add "The Kodak" the camera. ;~)

and

The Polaroid Camera the instant camera.

Aspirin, Xerox, Band-Aid,...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-08-22 8:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/22/2016 3:15 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

But the nice thing about Snap-On and, I think, MATCO is that they
have a
mortgage loan officer right there on the sales truck. VERY convenient.

Absolutely! LOL Most mechanics have as much invested in their tools
as they do their homes. ;~)

I was just explaining to a family member just HOW FAR a 3/8" and 1/2"
ratchet set (and sockets), a set of imperial size and metric crescent
wrenches and a set of screw drivers go. You could probably have all of
the above for probably less than $150 (Craftsman). What more do those
fancier names do for you? I mean, there seems to be much decreasing
marginal utility. None of these tools have either broke nor bent, but I
did get a 3/8" ratchet that had issues from the start (it was replaced).
None have the least signs of rust either.

The fancier names have the distinction of not having to be competitively
priced. Add to that you don't have to go to the store to have a broken
tool replaced, the rep comes to your work place, although you have to
wait a week. ;~) And these are top notch tools that with daily use may
never wear out.

And ultimately the guy selling you the top notch tools knows what he is
talking about, he has quite an investment too.

But for you and me just about any decent brand will do.

The Snap-On dealer who came by our shop would fight tooth and nail when
it came to warranty claims, always tried to blame the worker. Yes they
did break and under normal use.

Yes all brands break and SnapOn has an exception clause. If it breads
because it was worn out it is not normally covered.

Sears, on the other hand, never questioned, just replaced. Of course
that was in their prime, sadly those days are gone.

Well In most cases the Craftsman are used mostly by home owners and some
pro's. It is likely if a Craftsman breaks it is not worn out. SnapOn is
rarely bought by a homeowner that uses his tools occasionally.

Might just as well buy HF, now. Craftsman isn't any better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:11:38 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

The Milwaukee and DeWalt boxes look similar but quite different from
HF, Lowes, or the HD boxes.

I bought a box last Christmas for the garage. It's normal price was
$400 but the Black Friday sale (that lasted the month of December) had
it for $250. It's really quite a nice box. The drawer bearings are
quite good and it's heavy enough.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-27-in-W-16-Drawer-Tool-Chest-and-Cabinet-Set-H9CH3-H7TR3/204737248
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:25:51 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 8/23/2016 8:40 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Leon wrote:
I have not really noticed another new, country of origin, playing a
major roll in things we buy for our shops but Vietnam is here and from
what I see the quality is pretty good, maybe pretty darn good.

Ten or twelve years ago I was looking at larger stacked tool chests,
40+" wide and because they were north of a thousand dollars I built my
own and it has served me very well.

Recently I have noticed HD selling Milwaukee stacked tool chests and I
have to do the touchy feely thing every time I am in the store.

Anyway my son and his girlfriend are renovating the guest bathroom in
his house and he has been borrowing tools, not a problem at all. BUT he
has been collecting his own tools and so far their storage location is
on the garage floor around his small 2 drawer tool box. His birthday is
this week and my wife suggested getting him a nice tool so that he does
not have to borrow one of mine and I thought that was a good idea but
then I pictured yet more garage floor space being used up increasing the
tripping hazard. His significant other has mention this and told him
that she will not be happy if she trips and falls. ;~)

Soooo I decided a real tool chest was in order instead of another tool
and the Milwaukee came into mind and that is what we got him.

In particular this is the one we got for him.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee...8530/206696101

These two units weigh in at 300 lbs and I ended up moving the two boxed
units two times, From the store to my garage and then to his garage, I
was a little fearful about all the loading and unloading and the damage
that might result.

He and I wrestled the bottom cabinet to the garage floor and began the
opening ceremony. He showed me how to break the welds on the fiberglass
reinforced straps, that hold all of the pieces of the carton together,
very easily with his fingers. I had always used a pocket knife. So the
straps come off and the top lifts off. We see the typical paper product
corner reinforcements that run down each corner and we see these also on
the 4 top sides and IIRC 4 bottom sides. These angle pieces are solid
multi layers of paper product with no corrugation, these things are
strong. Next the molded Styrofoam top cover comes off as well as the
four Styrofoam side panels around the perimeter. At this point the
outer cardboard box is easily lifted out of the bottom tray and the
plastic cover can now be removed.
The shipping container was a work of art. The top box packaging was the
same.
No dents, no dings, no buckled corners and no scratched paint anywhere.
Perfect!

Assembly was also a no brainer. While there was an instruction booklet,
and it was well written, you really did not need it.
Assembly involved bolting on the huge casters, lower box pull handle,
cord storage brackets and braces to keep the top box in place on top of
the bottom box.

A wrench was included to bolt the casters on and I will say it was
pretty cheap so we resorted to using a 1/2" socket to tighten the caster
bolts. Every bolt/screw attachment on the boxes screwed directly into
threaded steel and welded nuts. The casters bolted directly into what
appeared to be 4 pieces of 1/4 angle iron.
Every threaded hole was precisely where it should be and there was no
need to pry or force any bolts or screws. What a delight, both my son
and I were amazed.

So the features of the box, red wrinkle paint on the boxes and smooth
black drawers. Steel peg board on the back top of the top box, soft
close full extension ball bearing slides, 100 lb rated. A circuit
breaker protected built in power outlet with 4~5 outlets, a hinged work
surface on the top of the top box bottom drawer, lite duty only, put
your lap top in there and that drawer is individually lockable by it
self. The 5"x2" HD casters are rated for 1,800 lbs and have a great set
of levers to lock and unlock the break, the levers are side by side and
you simply push down on the lock or unlock lever. The top box has a
clam shell type lid with gas struts and with no front lip so that you
can see every thing with out having to look up and over.

So I was impressed as was my son.

FWIW DeWalt and Porter Cable offer similar style boxes in brand
appropriate colors, YELLOW and grey.

If this is any indication of the quality that we will be seeing coming
out of Vietnam the Chinese will have to step up their game in a big way.

We looked at Harbor Freight first and saw a similar cheaply built top
and bottom box for $150 less. Not at all worth the $150 savings IMHO.

I will probably replace my 30 year old 26" Craftsman with the 46"
Milwaukee sooner than later. The Craftsman had dents straight out of
the box when I bought it and it did not do well when we moved it from
our old house to the new house 5 years ago.

I still have my first tool box. It is 7 x 14 inches, made by Union
Steel Chest Corp., LeRoy, N.Y. It had a curved or domed lid. The lid
is crumpled down by my first daughter standing on it to watch me work.
She is now 54.

Cant say that I still have mine. My first set of sockets, wrenches, and
screw drivers were Penncraft, JCPenneys. They came in the typical
plastic injection molded box. I still have all the tools, 1971.

I still have my first screwdriver, from '65 and a hammer from '71.
Still my favorite.

That box was replaced by a Craftsman two drawer then a Kennedy, then the
Craftsman top and bottom box.

Posted to rec.woodworking

krw wrote in
:

Might just as well buy HF, now. Craftsman isn't any better.

HF has a gem or two in their toolboxes. One of the larger ones that
usually sells for around $380 or so is one of them. I've got two, one
under my little lathe. The drawers move easily and accurately and it's
good quality metal.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/23/2016 10:48 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
krw wrote in
:

Might just as well buy HF, now. Craftsman isn't any better.

HF has a gem or two in their toolboxes. One of the larger ones that
usually sells for around $380 or so is one of them. I've got two, one
under my little lathe. The drawers move easily and accurately and it's
good quality metal.

Puckdropper

You know I shopped the HF boxes last week. Their boxes are really not
much less expensive than the competitions.

This one,
http://www.harborfreight.com/44-in-1...net-68784.html

and this one,
http://www.harborfreight.com/44-in-8...est-68787.html

Heavier duty than many but my local HD has a Husky with almost as much
weight capacity in a 52" for $699. 2500lb capacity and the smaller
drawers are rated at 120 lbs. Plus a 5 year warranty. They have two in
stock but I could not find it on line.

And I prefer the clam shell top which is the direction many are going.
I really thought HF had the lowest prices but for just a fraction more
you get at least equal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

On 2016-08-22 8:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/22/2016 3:15 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

I have a Harbor Freight flare nut wrench that slips on various fittings.
So I figured I'd upgrade to Craftsman. Theirs slipped too. Finally I
bit the bullet and shelld out the 30 bucks for a Snap-On for the size I
most commonly encounter. It slips too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:57:12 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I paid $497 for the 30" in stock. The 46" Milwaukee are strictly
special order,5~10 days. Expected on the 31st.

I got the 46 for $698.

$1200 left at Home Depot in a week. You are definitely on their Christmas Card list for the rest of your life.

$1200 for tool boxes. The times have changed. Close to 25 years ago I spent $500 on a USA made Delta Contractor saw. Thought that was a fair amount of money. Now it would just get you one tool box storage container to store the thousands and thousands of dollars of real tools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 4:52 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 2016-08-22 8:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/22/2016 3:15 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you are using the wrong sized wrench. 3 in a row and different
brands slipping sounds like the wrong sized tool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 8/24/2016 12:01 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:57:12 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I paid $497 for the 30" in stock. The 46" Milwaukee are strictly
special order,5~10 days. Expected on the 31st.

I got the 46 for $698.

$1200 left at Home Depot in a week. You are definitely on their
Christmas Card list for the rest of your life.

$1200 for tool boxes. The times have changed. Close to 25 years ago
I spent $500 on a USA made Delta Contractor saw. Thought that was a
fair amount of money. Now it would just get you one tool box storage
container to store the thousands and thousands of dollars of real
tools.

And this morning I noticed that the 30" Milwaukee box cropped from $499
to $449.

To take to a jobsite, I'd probably use a knaack box. Their data vault
series are quite useful, per my contractor buddy.

Yes, this is true if you will be there several days. I do most of my
work in my shop 95% of the time.
Almost all metal rollaround tool chests have been geared towards the
mechanic. It seems only in the last few years that the box makers have
begun to include woodworkers. Probably why you see Milwaukee, DeWalt,
and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I also have an under bench 6 drawer cabinet that I build a yer or so
ago. Nothing nearly as nice as the one pictured above.
My Craftsman stacked boxes did not fare well when we moved 5 years ago
and we used a box truck with lift gate. The one above did fine and is a
valuable storage chest in my shop.

This time around I have too many people waiting for me to build so I am
buying a replacement for the Craftsman.

IIRC, it used to be a requirement for an apprentice to build his own
toolbox before graduating to journeyman.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 4:08 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 5:11:40 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 4:08 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I guess you don't subscribe to Adam Savage's theory that "Drawers are where
things go to die." ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQAYfGxsPE
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Aug 2016 03:48:23 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

krw wrote in
:

Might just as well buy HF, now. Craftsman isn't any better.

HF has a gem or two in their toolboxes. One of the larger ones that
usually sells for around $380 or so is one of them. I've got two, one
under my little lathe. The drawers move easily and accurately and it's
good quality metal.

I was specifically talking about sockets, ratchets, and wrenches but
sure, some of their boxes are pretty nice (even if not pretty ;-).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 4:08 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I guess you don't subscribe to Adam Savage's theory that "Drawers are where
things go to die." ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQAYfGxsPE

No I do not. I know where everything is at.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 4:08 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.
Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I guess you don't subscribe to Adam Savage's theory that "Drawers are where
things go to die." ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQAYfGxsPE

That guy has too many pliers, grabbers and cutters... ; )
I sort of subscribe to the drawer theory though--"out of sight, out of
mind".
I related thought I preach is "if you don't know where it is, what good
is it?".

Posted to rec.woodworking

krw wrote in newstksrbh2ccmvml00psic6qrpr6a5putag6@
4ax.com:

On 24 Aug 2016 03:48:23 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

krw wrote in
m:

Might just as well buy HF, now. Craftsman isn't any better.

HF has a gem or two in their toolboxes. One of the larger ones that
usually sells for around $380 or so is one of them. I've got two, one
under my little lathe. The drawers move easily and accurately and it's
good quality metal.

I was specifically talking about sockets, ratchets, and wrenches but
sure, some of their boxes are pretty nice (even if not pretty ;-).

In either case, be sure to give them a few simple tests in the store.
Open the drawers or spin the ratchets and see how nicely they work. You
may not get the Craftsman warranty, but a life time warranty doesn't mean
anything if you don't get a servicable tool in return.

Aside: has anyone tried Kobalt's Lifetime Warranty? Do they require a
receipt?

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/24/2016 4:08 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

and Porter Cable with their own versions now.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I guess you don't subscribe to Adam Savage's theory that "Drawers are where
things go to die." ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQAYfGxsPE

No I do not. I know where everything is at.

And there is always the p-touch label maker...
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 08/24/2016 4:11 PM, Leon wrote:

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I like the chest, Leon; the single-board for the drawer fronts is nice
touch.

Do you have dimensions handy? I've knocked together similar but not
taken time to actually make something that looks like anything as yet,
but have thoughts along those lines...

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2016 8:30 AM, dpb wrote:
On 08/24/2016 4:11 PM, Leon wrote:

I meant to include this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

I like the chest, Leon; the single-board for the drawer fronts is nice
touch.

Do you have dimensions handy? I've knocked together similar but not
taken time to actually make something that looks like anything as yet,
but have thoughts along those lines...

---

Yes!

The box,
56.5" tall. 43.5" wide, 24.5" deep.

That sits on a fixed mobile base, the black bottom, and casters. The
base and casters are 7" tall

The box opening,
50.5" tall, 39.5" wide

The drawers, top to bottom, over all height, not actual storage depth,

3", 3.125", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 7", 8", 9"

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 08/26/2016 10:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/25/2016 8:30 AM, dpb wrote:

Do you have dimensions handy? ...

The box,
56.5" tall. 43.5" wide, 24.5" deep.

That sits on a fixed mobile base, the black bottom, and casters. The
base and casters are 7" tall

The box opening,
50.5" tall, 39.5" wide

The drawers, top to bottom, over all height, not actual storage depth,

3", 3.125", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 7", 8", 9"

Thanks, noted! (Not that it'll get built this afternoon... )

I had guessed roughly that size but was curious...

Out of curiosity, what'd you use for the drawer bottoms; those could
hold a fair amount of weight...

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2016 8:30 AM, dpb wrote:

Do you have dimensions handy? ...

The box,
56.5" tall. 43.5" wide, 24.5" deep.

That sits on a fixed mobile base, the black bottom, and casters. The
base and casters are 7" tall

The box opening,
50.5" tall, 39.5" wide

The drawers, top to bottom, over all height, not actual storage depth,

3", 3.125", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 7", 8", 9"

Thanks, noted! (Not that it'll get built this afternoon... )

I had guessed roughly that size but was curious...

Out of curiosity, what'd you use for the drawer bottoms; those could
hold a fair amount of weight...

1/4" birch plywood. On the deepest drawers I reinforced by screwing in
narrow strips of Ipe under the bottom of the drawer bottoms, in thirds
front to back. Pocket holes in the narrow strips to tie into the drawer
fronts and backs.

FWIW in 1990, when remodeling our kitchen, I stood on top of a similar
sized kitchen drawer bottom to prove to my wife that 1/4" was plenty to
hold her pots and pans.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:22:01 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

FWIW in 1990, when remodeling our kitchen, I stood on top of a similar
sized kitchen drawer bottom to prove to my wife that 1/4" was plenty to
hold her pots and pans.

Who would have thought Leon's wife would be questioning his work! LOL.

Sonny
I'm still laughing....
Maybe, back then, he didn't have so many green tools....
Or he didn't whistle, while he worked, so much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:22:01 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

FWIW in 1990, when remodeling our kitchen, I stood on top of a similar
sized kitchen drawer bottom to prove to my wife that 1/4" was plenty to
hold her pots and pans.

Who would have thought Leon's wife would be questioning his work! LOL.

Sonny
I'm still laughing....
Maybe, back then, he didn't have so many green tools....
Or he didn't whistle, while he worked, so much.

You are a sharp one! :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet was heard to mutter:

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

Now that is a toolchest! I would love to have one like that for my
good tools. That is truly a heriloom treasure.

I have a simple two-piece Craftsman. I use it for basic tools only.

IIRC, it used to be a requirement for an apprentice to build his own
toolbox before graduating to journeyman.

I've always thought that but never had the tools to make one. Still
don't really but I may try my hand at it one day.

Old Shops Lee Michaels[_3_] Woodworking 11 September 20th 12 02:17 AM
Shops - Downturn (OT) John UK diy 161 January 11th 09 01:19 PM
Wallpaper shops Sam UK diy 4 November 24th 07 09:56 AM
Bye Bye to Home Shops azotic Metalworking 7 August 30th 07 04:07 PM
Clean shops. DejaVU Metalworking 8 July 19th 03 12:18 AM