Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 8/24/2016 12:01 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:57:12 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I paid $497 for the 30" in stock. The 46" Milwaukee are strictly
special order,5~10 days. Expected on the 31st.

I got the 46 for $698.

$1200 left at Home Depot in a week. You are definitely on their
Christmas Card list for the rest of your life.

$1200 for tool boxes. The times have changed. Close to 25 years ago
I spent $500 on a USA made Delta Contractor saw. Thought that was a
fair amount of money. Now it would just get you one tool box storage
container to store the thousands and thousands of dollars of real
tools.

And this morning I noticed that the 30" Milwaukee box cropped from $499
to $449.

To take to a jobsite, I'd probably use a knaack box. Their data vault
series are quite useful, per my contractor buddy.

For the shop, there is nothing more satisfying than making ones own.

IIRC, it used to be a requirement for an apprentice to build his own
toolbox before graduating to journeyman.