Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet was heard to mutter:

Well it certainly saves money. When I was looking to upgrade for the
first time 10 years ago I built this one. Back then a box similar to
the one I have ordered but a bit smaller was north of $1000.00
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

Now that is a toolchest! I would love to have one like that for my
good tools. That is truly a heriloom treasure.

I have a simple two-piece Craftsman. I use it for basic tools only.

IIRC, it used to be a requirement for an apprentice to build his own
toolbox before graduating to journeyman.

I've always thought that but never had the tools to make one. Still
don't really but I may try my hand at it one day.