Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

On 8/26/2016 12:48 PM, dpb wrote:
On 08/26/2016 10:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/25/2016 8:30 AM, dpb wrote:

Do you have dimensions handy? ...

The box,
56.5" tall. 43.5" wide, 24.5" deep.

That sits on a fixed mobile base, the black bottom, and casters. The
base and casters are 7" tall

The box opening,
50.5" tall, 39.5" wide

The drawers, top to bottom, over all height, not actual storage depth,

3", 3.125", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 4.75", 7", 8", 9"

Thanks, noted! (Not that it'll get built this afternoon... )

I had guessed roughly that size but was curious...

Out of curiosity, what'd you use for the drawer bottoms; those could
hold a fair amount of weight...

1/4" birch plywood. On the deepest drawers I reinforced by screwing in
narrow strips of Ipe under the bottom of the drawer bottoms, in thirds
front to back. Pocket holes in the narrow strips to tie into the drawer
fronts and backs.

FWIW in 1990, when remodeling our kitchen, I stood on top of a similar
sized kitchen drawer bottom to prove to my wife that 1/4" was plenty to
hold her pots and pans.

---