Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping: Swingman, ot technology:

Swing, This is the origin of the reply you replied to earlier--it
contained nothing I wrote. I have nothing against, Mike M., but I don't
want credit for his posts.

Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Excellent response, Mike ... and one that shines a bright light on the
profound ignorance being shown in this thread by those who protest
their innocence of being dissembling, while, post after post,
continue to spew thinly veiled snideness about technologies of which
they have no experience or ken.

More of Karl's dribble where he tries to postion people in the way that he
wants them to appear. Great woodworker - horrible reader. Thinly veiled is
best applied to Karl's posts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot technology:

Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
On 8/31/2012 12:26 PM, Bill posted a quote:

More of Karl's dribble where he tries to postion people in the way
that he
wants them to appear. Great woodworker - horrible reader. Thinly
veiled is best applied to Karl's posts.

LOL ... Normally would not have seen it, but coming directly from an
expert in the practice, that latter should be taken as a compliment.

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Relax, Bill, that was obvious ... you see those three little words "posted
a quote"? If that wasn't enough, think about how filters work with
software, and what is seen and what isn't, then try to be a bit quicker on
the uptake before you panic. LOL

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 00:29:07 -0400, Bill wrote:

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
On 8/31/2012 12:26 PM, Bill posted a quote:

More of Karl's dribble where he tries to postion people in the way
that he
wants them to appear. Great woodworker - horrible reader. Thinly
veiled is best applied to Karl's posts.

LOL ... Normally would not have seen it, but coming directly from an
expert in the practice, that latter should be taken as a compliment.

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Perhaps your account has been hacked, then. You're also consorting
with a known spamtroll, bzzzzzzzt or whatever. I was about to plonk
ya.

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2012 11:40 PM, Bill wrote:

Swing, This is the origin of the reply you replied to earlier--it
contained nothing I wrote. I have nothing against, Mike M., but I don't
want credit for his posts.

Bill, start using your head for something besides a hat rack ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
On 8/31/2012 12:26 PM, Bill posted a quote:

More of Karl's dribble where he tries to postion people in the way
that he
wants them to appear. Great woodworker - horrible reader. Thinly
veiled is best applied to Karl's posts.

LOL ... Normally would not have seen it, but coming directly from an
expert in the practice, that latter should be taken as a compliment.

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Relax, Bill, that was obvious ... you see those three little words "posted
a quote"?

No, I did Not see those 3 little words, and I figure one else did either.

If that wasn't enough, think about how filters work with
software, and what is seen and what isn't, then try to be a bit quicker on
the uptake before you panic. LOL

Filters wouldn't help here. I don't wish to filter you out. In fact,
truth be told, I don't have anyone filtered out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

My name appeared 3 times in a post where it didn't belong at all.
I don't believe I over-reacted. YMMV.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 22:13:46 -0400, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Perhaps your account has been hacked, then. You're also consorting
with a known spamtroll, bzzzzzzzt or whatever. I was about to plonk
ya.

Gee thanks!

Well, get your name back and I won't. I hate seeing people talk with
trolls eleven times a day, y'know? I only see 11 of the 22 posts,
too.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

My name appeared 3 times in a post where it didn't belong at all.
I don't believe I over-reacted. YMMV.

Bill

Pssssst, Bill ... Put the keyboard down and back away from the mirror, now
you're talking to yourself.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Perhaps your account has been hacked, then. You're also consorting
with a known spamtroll, bzzzzzzzt or whatever. I was about to plonk
ya.

Gee thanks!

Well, get your name back and I won't. I hate seeing people talk with
trolls eleven times a day, y'know? I only see 11 of the 22 posts,
too.

Well, sorry if we flooded your folder.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.
-- J. Arthur Thomson

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

My name appeared 3 times in a post where it didn't belong at all.
I don't believe I over-reacted. YMMV.

Bill

Pssssst, Bill ... Put the keyboard down and back away from the mirror, now
you're talking to yourself.

LOL.. Could be. It's been a tough week.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Swing, I did NOT WRITE ANY of the above.

Perhaps your account has been hacked, then. You're also consorting
with a known spamtroll, bzzzzzzzt or whatever. I was about to plonk
ya.

Gee thanks!

Well, get your name back and I won't. I hate seeing people talk with
trolls eleven times a day, y'know? I only see 11 of the 22 posts,
too.

Well, sorry if we flooded your folder.

If you did we did not occasionally respond to trolls Larry would not
have the chance to point that out. Huh Larry? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2012 12:06 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

I never stated that I thought touch screen was useless or bad. I only
stated that it does not light my fire. I also said that it is great on my
cell phone but I don't see it as being so convenient on my laptop.

I own an Ipad and I don't want a touch screen on my DT. Don't own a
laptop myself. The touch screen is tits on the Ipad, and if you like it
on your cell, you would love it on the Ipad.

As far as owning or needing an Ipad, I'd say swing has a good use for
it, showing pictures of work and planned work to his customers. The
Ipad is in my opinion, the best tool for this, better than a laptop
because it is smaller, lighter, super graphics, works Kooly and, last
but not least, it is not a WINDOWS piece of crap, so it always works,
and works well.

As far as bling goes, I'd say the koolness factor of an Ipad could be
bling, but useful bling, and since the bling is useful, it's not so much
bling as good functional design (I'm talking touchscreen here, more than
why you are going to need an Ipad.) Festool is the same, no bling to
speak of, they make the best tool they can possibly make. About the
only bling with a Festool is the price. Charging a ton for a tool sells
a lot of tools to rich bankers, rich teachers and government hacks.
Tradesman tend to drive Ford pickups stuffed with
Milwaukee/Makita/Rigid/Bosch tools. For most of them it seems, the
bling (high price) is a negative. BTW, I asked a 7th tradesman, a small
contractor swing style, and he did hear of Festool, but doesn't own any.

Myself, I didn't really want an Ipad, my son bought me one last xmas.
When I found out it cost as much as a good Festool sander, I was a
little miffed he wasted that much on an Ipad, he could have wasted it on
a sander like Leon uses and made sanding "fun" for me.

I use it mostly as a radio. With Iheart radio, a free app, I can listen
to many hundreds of radio stations all over the country. So, if I feel
like listing to Beck, limbaugh, savage, and they are preempted on my
local station for some dumb ass sports broadcast, I can listen to them
on any of a hundred stations any where in the USA on the Ipad. Very
cool. For music, I like Pandora. It plays mostly what I like, and with
the Ipad, I can hook it up to my house stereo and listen to it all over
the house, or hook it up to my shop stereo, and listen in my shop. I'm
listening to Pandora right now, but I guess I could be listening via my
PC since I'm on it.

It's also nice when watching TV and I want to check out something on the
net, it's right there, same in my shop. About everything else I've done
with the Ipad is close to useless for me. I have a nice recipe app, and
it is tits (34B), but I don't cook much. I have a free app that turns
it into a police scanner for 9 billion police/fire/rescue all over the
country. No interest here. A billion games, I don't do games. I read
one kindle book on it, I paid about as much for the book as I would have
if I got the actual book, probably more. Now if I want to give the book
to someone else to read, I have to give them the freaking Ipad as well.
I'd rather buy a book for 1 penny + 3.99 shipping on Amazon. Only way
to go on books.

Anyway, IMNSHO, you most likely are in no need of an Ipad, unless you
want to show potential customers pictures of stuff you make, or ideas of
what you can build for them. If you are a gamer, plenty of games.
If you have $5-600 just itching to be spent on something you don't
really need, I'd buy a festool Rotex sander. But thats just me trusting
Leons opinion on sanders.

Oh, my wife has a nookie or whatever that thing is called. She is on it
20 hours a day, plays some kind of interactive word game with goofballs
all over the place and gambles (shudder) on line. She often takes it
with her. It's not as good as the Ipad BUT, it fits in her purse.

So, other than the touchscreen being really nice on the Ipad, you are
pretty much right on, on the rest of your thoughts.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 08/31/2012 01:53 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Not sure, but maybe not so much of an analogy Leon. I get where you are
trying to go, but in the case of the Galaxy and the iPod - they are much
more similar in the user interface (which is what we are talking about). In
fact, the recent lawsuit settlement just declaired that very thing - that
Samsung had too much "copied" the Apple stuff. So - not so much of a
comparison to the Festool/any-other-tool comparison.

Mike, the jury proclaimed that...the judge hasn't given her final ruling
on the matter.

--
All the Best & 73's
Dale Miller, KC2CBD

Registered Linux User: #317401
Linux since June 2003
Registered Ubuntu User #26423

(cut the spam to reply)

VOTE TO REBUILD!
www.twintowersalliance.com
__
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Not sure, but maybe not so much of an analogy Leon. I get where you
are trying to go, but in the case of the Galaxy and the iPod - they
are much more similar in the user interface (which is what we are
talking about). In fact, the recent lawsuit settlement just
declaired that very thing - that Samsung had too much "copied" the
Apple stuff. So - not so much of a comparison to the
Festool/any-other-tool comparison.

Mike, the jury proclaimed that...the judge hasn't given her final
ruling on the matter.

Correct. I was not clear in stating that.

--

-Mike-

Old Technology David WE Roberts[_4_] UK diy 12 October 11th 11 05:00 PM
about rna technology bharath Electronics Repair 0 February 1st 10 12:56 PM
Technology Changes Thinking, Can Your Thinking Change Technology? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 24th 06 07:56 AM
SiC Technology Atul Agrawal Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:15 PM