Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fixing crap

I've started working with a general contractor who deals with the New
Home Warranty program.

Keep installing crap, you cowboys out there! I've got no shortage of
well-paying work because of you. (no present company included in that
statement, BTW)

I also have a project on the go building new bases and legs for some
upholstered theater chairs a seniors complex had delivered from China
that were severely damaged in shipping. Started with rough cut 12/4
birch, dimensioned all the pieces, put the first one together only to
discover that the friggin' chairs themselves are out of square by an
inch corner to corner! Thank Grid I used pocket screws and haven't
glued anything yet.

At least the money's good!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
I've started working with a general contractor who deals with the New
Home Warranty program.

Keep installing crap, you cowboys out there! I've got no shortage of
well-paying work because of you. (no present company included in that
statement, BTW)

I also have a project on the go building new bases and legs for some
upholstered theater chairs a seniors complex had delivered from China
that were severely damaged in shipping. Started with rough cut 12/4
birch, dimensioned all the pieces, put the first one together only to
discover that the friggin' chairs themselves are out of square by an
inch corner to corner! Thank Grid I used pocket screws and haven't
glued anything yet.

At least the money's good!

Cutting into Mike Holme's project set are we? ;~)

So you couldn't rack the chairs square with some big clamps? ;~)

Neither case surprises me... !

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , John
Grossbohlin wrote:

Cutting into Mike Holme's project set are we? ;~)

The jackasses who built the stuff he's fixing in Ontario have now moved
to Saskatchewan. A buddy of mine won't hire anyone onto his crew if
they say they came from Toronto and area.

So you couldn't rack the chairs square with some big clamps? ;~)

I'm gonna bring out the big Bessies and see how much give there is, but
I'm afraid I'll hear cracking noises if I do.

Neither case surprises me... !

"Why do it right when it can be done over?"

--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

I've started working with a general contractor who deals with the New
Home Warranty program.

Keep installing crap, you cowboys out there! I've got no shortage of
well-paying work because of you. (no present company included in that
statement, BTW)

I also have a project on the go building new bases and legs for some
upholstered theater chairs a seniors complex had delivered from China
that were severely damaged in shipping. Started with rough cut 12/4
birch, dimensioned all the pieces, put the first one together only to
discover that the friggin' chairs themselves are out of square by an
inch corner to corner! Thank Grid I used pocket screws and haven't
glued anything yet.

At least the money's good!
================================================== ==============================
Maybe one day they will figure out that paying for it twice is not a good
thing and they will start buying quality.
Naaaa, never happen. You'll have plenty of work forever.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , CW
wrote:

Maybe one day they will figure out that paying for it twice is not a good
thing and they will start buying quality.
Naaaa, never happen. You'll have plenty of work forever.

It's beginning to look like that! My poor little basement shop isn't
set up for this... Gonna have to find a shop soon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Maybe one day they will figure out that paying for it twice is not a good
thing and they will start buying quality.
Naaaa, never happen. You'll have plenty of work forever.

It's beginning to look like that! My poor little basement shop isn't
set up for this... Gonna have to find a shop soon.

Great Let them finance your new shop. An upgrade that pays for itself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:35:03 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

[...]

Yabbut, was it the original chairs or the new BaldyMade(tm) chairs
which were OOS? Did the covers fit the unsquares?

--
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult,
whereas I am merely in disguise.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Yabbut, was it the original chairs or the new BaldyMade(tm) chairs
which were OOS? Did the covers fit the unsquares?

Looks like the originals were screwed into place, racked to accommodate
the OOS chairs (which are fully upholstered except for base and legs)
and then the angle braces were glued in.

Which is essentially what I'm going to do once I stain and topcoat the
new wood.

This is the second go-round with this client/supplier. The people
working at the apartment complex now call me "The Chair Guy".

"BaldyMade(tm)"... I like it. grin

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com

Who gives a crap? Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 0 December 13th 10 05:03 AM
Crap! [email protected] Metalworking 1 July 8th 10 10:46 PM
Crap! Don Foreman Metalworking 0 July 8th 10 07:24 AM
Crap about crap flooding the newsgroups, floods the newsgroups! Twayne Woodworking 1 January 15th 08 05:26 AM
Do you get crap like this in the US? ian field Electronics Repair 13 November 8th 06 03:10 AM