Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fixing crap

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:35:03 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
I've started working with a general contractor who deals with the New
Home Warranty program.

Keep installing crap, you cowboys out there! I've got no shortage of
well-paying work because of you. (no present company included in that
statement, BTW)

I also have a project on the go building new bases and legs for some
upholstered theater chairs a seniors complex had delivered from China
that were severely damaged in shipping. Started with rough cut 12/4
birch, dimensioned all the pieces, put the first one together only to
discover that the friggin' chairs themselves are out of square by an
inch corner to corner! Thank Grid I used pocket screws and haven't
glued anything yet.

At least the money's good!

Cutting into Mike Holme's project set are we? ;~)

So you couldn't rack the chairs square with some big clamps? ;~)

Neither case surprises me... !

Yabbut, was it the original chairs or the new BaldyMade(tm) chairs
which were OOS? Did the covers fit the unsquares?

--
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult,
whereas I am merely in disguise.