Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do you get crap like this in the US?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

Yes we do. About 6 months ago it was widely reported that the French bought
interstate highway I-95, which connects Miami, Florida to the Washington, DC
area.

I did not track down all of the sources, but it was rampant in forwarded
emails.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

You mean they're determined to throw the next election away AGAIN ???

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

Australians already own a number of US toll roads.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

You mean they're determined to throw the next election away AGAIN ???

Graham

As often as possible hopefully!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

You mean they're determined to throw the next election away AGAIN ???

Graham

Actually the thieving Toraidhe (Gallic origin of the word "Tory" - meaning
bandit - the "d" is silent) weren't going to tell us about this until after
they get back in, but it was posted on their website by mistake and hastily
removed when they realised their blunder!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

ian field wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

You mean they're determined to throw the next election away AGAIN ???

Graham

Actually the thieving Toraidhe (Gallic origin of the word "Tory" - meaning
bandit - the "d" is silent) weren't going to tell us about this until after
they get back in, but it was posted on their website by mistake and hastily
removed when they realised their blunder!

Really ?

Oh joy !

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:42:41 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

I don't know about roads but some municipal governments are selling
off water/sewer utilities to private companies. I imagine that is the
case in Europe as well.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:03:24 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"ian field" wrote in message

Australians already own a number of US toll roads.

For your sake I hope we didn't build them for you.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

So what this is saying is, basically, that one set of people with
a political agenda (the Mirror) are accusing another set of politicians
(Tories) with maybe going to do something which they're denying and
which another set of peope with a political agenda (Labour) say would
be a bad thing. Even though it's all pure conjecture (i.e. no concrete
proposals only vague hypotheses). Like all politicians they are a
waste of space and in a civilised society would not be tolerated.

Yes, it's crap all right. If you believe what you read in the UK
papers you deserve to have your knob drop off ;-)

Now what they should do is 1) shut off all non-motorway entrances
and exits to the M25 (i.e make it a true orbital motorway) which would
alleviate the knock-on effect on other motorways and 2) charge heavy
tolls for short distance use of motorways, e.g. less than 20 miles and
make them free for journies of more than, say, 100 miles. That way the
motorways would be used as such and I might get home from Heathrow on a
Friday night ;-) Mind you, I would also give traffic wardens the
power of summary execution for parking on yellow lines with 4 way
flashers going when not actually broken down (that would sort the men
from the boys ;-). Second speeding offence would forfeit a limb (of
the miscreant's choice), third offence a further limb plus life driving
ban and so on.

Tough on motorists, tough on the causes of motorists that's what I
say ;-)

UD

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

I don't know about roads but some municipal governments are selling
off water/sewer utilities to private companies. I imagine that is the
case in Europe as well.

Last time the thieving Toraidhe (Gallic - silent "d") got into office they
proceeded to start selling everything that wasn't nailed down, this includes
the national grid and the railways just to name a couple!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

I know there are private roads in Mexico. Very traffic free cause the
normal folks can't afford or won't pay to use them.
Here in Mass we have the Big Dig with cost overruns, falling ceilings
tiles, and a governing body that's isolated from public scrutiny and
seriously out of touch with reality.

"It's said we get the best politicians money can buy. Considering their
actions in public office I find this hard to believe."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message

Australians already own a number of US toll roads.

For your sake I hope we didn't build them for you.

Trust me, the Yanks and the Canadians can **** them up fine on their own.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

Last time the thieving Toraidhe (Gallic - silent "d") got into office they
proceeded to start selling everything that wasn't nailed down, this
includes the national grid and the railways just to name a couple!

I know that in the border area they ripped up the railways with gusto - but
forgot to build a road network to replace them. What a PITA to drive around
there.