Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need a combination square

CW wrote:

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
.. .

"Mike Marlow" writes:
Doug Miller wrote:

The difference is that the Starrett square is guaranteed to be
straight and square within, I believe, +/- 0.006" over the length of
the 12" blade -- and the six-dollar cheapie isn't.

As long as it is never dropped, banged, or

Agreed.

subject to the normal useage.

So why would you state this? Normal usage is what the damn thing
is designed for, and the Starretts hold up incredibly well. I have
a Starret 4-piece with both 12" and 24" blade, and find it both incredibly
accurate and very useful (and it was free).
I have a Mititoyo combo square that I bought in 1986. It looks its age
but is in fine shape. It has never been dropped. Neither have my
micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.

I was at an auction yesterday, and the auctioneer just *threw* a
micrometer on the table along with a bunch of other stuff like it was a
wrench. I didn't bid--and I wouldn't mind having a micrometer.

All it takes is paying
attention. That doesn't mean babying things. In a commercial shop, you
don't have the time. Just take care of your tools. You depend on them to
make a living.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 16:04:45 -0700, CW wrote:

f it checks out dead
on with both sides, the square IS square.
================================================== ======= That assumes
that the blade is parallel.

Picky, picky, picky :-).
I get paid to be picky. Or I used to.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 16:23:06 -0700, CW wrote:

I have a
Starret 4-piece with both 12" and 24" blade, and find it both incredibly
accurate and very useful (and it was free). I have a Mititoyo combo
square that I bought in 1986. It looks its age but is in fine shape.

CW, I'm not sure what the problem is, but as you can see from the above
your response comes through jammed up against what you're replying to.
And there are no "" on what you're responding to. Are you hitting
"reply" or "followup" in your newsletter?

If you're having a problem, I'm sure some of the Windows experts would be
glad to help.
I'm using Windows live Mail and have never figured out how to get it to
indicate a quote so I do it manually. I just forgot that time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" writes:
Doug Miller wrote:

The difference is that the Starrett square is guaranteed to be
straight and square within, I believe, +/- 0.006" over the length of
the 12" blade -- and the six-dollar cheapie isn't.

As long as it is never dropped, banged, or

Agreed.

subject to the normal useage.

So why would you state this? Normal usage is what the damn thing
is designed for, and the Starretts hold up incredibly well. I have
a Starret 4-piece with both 12" and 24" blade, and find it both incredibly
accurate and very useful (and it was free).
I have a Mititoyo combo square that I bought in 1986. It looks its age
but is in fine shape. It has never been dropped. Neither have my
micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.

I was at an auction yesterday, and the auctioneer just *threw* a
micrometer on the table along with a bunch of other stuff like it was a

Did anyone say anything to the idiot?

wrench. I didn't bid--and I wouldn't mind having a micrometer.

I equate auctioneers with used car salesmen. No brains and lots of
cheat. A pox on both their houses.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:01:29 -0700, "CW" wrote:

================================================= ===================
I'm using Windows live Mail and have never figured out how to get it to
indicate a quote so I do it manually. I just forgot that time.

Live Mail sucks; you can't do it.

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 00:04:42 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:43:26 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Here are some with an 0.001" accuracy, fine with me:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,42936,42941

0.001 vs 0.006 (both per inch) and about the same price for a set of 3 -
take your pick. But the Lee Valley does sell a single square - I use my
6" square for almost everything - I've only used the 2" square on model
RR structures, and best I can remember I've never used the 4" square.

So the OP could get the single 6" square from Lee Valley for $17, which
he could save from buying a mid-priced combination square.

That's +-0.001" OAL, not per inch, BTW.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:43:26 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Here are some with an 0.001" accuracy, fine with me:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,42936,42941

0.001 vs 0.006 (both per inch) and about the same price for a set of 3 -
take your pick. But the Lee Valley does sell a single square - I use my
6" square for almost everything - I've only used the 2" square on model
RR structures, and best I can remember I've never used the 4" square.

So the OP could get the single 6" square from Lee Valley for $17, which
he could save from buying a mid-priced combination square.

I misread that. It was per inch, not per length. Mea culpa.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:01:29 -0700, "CW" wrote:

================================================= ===================
I'm using Windows live Mail and have never figured out how to get it to
indicate a quote so I do it manually. I just forgot that time.

Live Mail sucks; you can't do it.

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

wrote:

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:43:26 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Here are some with an 0.001" accuracy, fine with me:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,42936,42941

0.001 vs 0.006 (both per inch) and about the same price for a set of 3 -
take your pick. But the Lee Valley does sell a single square - I use my
6" square for almost everything - I've only used the 2" square on model
RR structures, and best I can remember I've never used the 4" square.

So the OP could get the single 6" square from Lee Valley for $17, which
he could save from buying a mid-priced combination square.

That's +-0.001" OAL, not per inch, BTW.

Look again: "less than 0.001" deviation per inch over the entire length of the blade".
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

Not to mention that after all these years MSFT still hasn't figured out
an automatic and smooth transition from standard to daylight savings
time. My new Win7 laptop stubbed its toe three times before it finally
got that right.

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last "update"
has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need a combination square OT

On 4/2/2012 8:41 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

Not to mention that after all these years MSFT still hasn't figured out
an automatic and smooth transition from standard to daylight savings
time. My new Win7 laptop stubbed its toe three times before it finally
got that right.

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last "update"
has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

I am using the most recent TB 11.0.1 which was just released. I have
was not having problems with TB 11 but always keep my programs current
for the security updates.

Have you contacted mozilla.support.thunderbird for help with your problems?

Posted to rec.woodworking

================================================ ====================

================================================= ===============

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? I was perfectly happy with OE as my mail
reader and Agent as my news reader. I'm not entirely happy with
Thunderbird mail, and I recently screwed the pooch and dumped most of
my saved email via a bad setting change. blush I'm not sure I can
get it back, but even if I do, there's a 3 month gap between backups
so I've lost some key data I wanted. All my CNC research is just
_gone_. I learned key differences between IMAP and POP3 servers the
very hard and nasty way. sigh

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try 0.002"

--------
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
Look again: "less than 0.001" deviation per inch over the entire length
of the blade".

--------------
Larry Jaques wrote in
:
That's +-0.001" OAL, not per inch, BTW.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about
Outlook Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

Not to mention that after all these years MSFT still hasn't figured
out an automatic and smooth transition from standard to daylight
savings time. My new Win7 laptop stubbed its toe three times before it
finally got that right.

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last
"update" has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

I'm not going to be hmble about it. I still use Eudora, version 7.1.0.9.
It works fine in Win7. The mail can very easily be filtered into
mailboxes for different purposes, be it senders, subjects or whatever.
The setup for mailboxes is very similar to a directory with
subdirectories. Attachments all go into an attachment directory, etc,
etc. Eudora does pop and Imap, SSL, what have you. I use Karen's
Replicator to back up all email data together onto a NAS device.

Any specific questions, ask me or go to comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows.

PS, I like gmail with its online archiving, but want to have the really
important stuff here on my machines.

YMMV.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingy, are you experiencing major slowdowns, and script crashes with
your update?

I still like Thunderbird, but I get ****ed since they have started
copying MS, instead of leading. They have removed some features I used.
Now I have to use add ons to get them back.

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

Not to mention that after all these years MSFT still hasn't figured out
an automatic and smooth transition from standard to daylight savings
time. My new Win7 laptop stubbed its toe three times before it finally
got that right.

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last "update"
has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Did you have retention period delete your mail?
I only use exceptions. Never delete globaly (disk space settings under
server) , then on stuff I don't care about set up deletion after x
number of days. Right click properties on folders.

You probably did that backwards.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:01:29 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

snip

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

May years ago, I was at a bar that had some Microsoft programmers there.
Every one was drinking and watching a game. I asked one of them about the
fact that every time there was an update, there seemed to be some perfectly
good functions dropped. He made a comment that made perfect sense and
agreed with my own perception. He said that they started out appealing to
geeks and nerds. To increase the business, they had to appeal to folks who
were less computer savvy. So with each upgrade, they were to "dumb it
down". And this was over twenty five years ago.

Exactly what they are doing now, I am not sure. One thing that gets me
upset is that there are many functions that are totally hidden. And no
dedicated help menu any more. I have to do web searches to find solutions
now. This is for stuff that is in the program itself.

Remember the days when all software came with a manual? A real book or
binder. There used to be stores where you could go buy this stuff. I
needed to install software and hardware for some applications that move
around some big chunks of money. No help menu! Only technical support, via
phone during limited hours, with a guy with a thick accent. Not exactly a
confidence builder.

Another feature of our "modern" techie world is the use of bad videos
instead of written instructions. As a person who doesn't hear very sell,
most of them are useless. I always grabbed a book or looked at help menus.
Now that many of those things are being eliminated, it makes it much more
difficult to do what I need to. I am smart. I am technically oriented.
The difference between me and most of the modern world, apparently, is that
I can READ and WRITE!! I must be a dinosaur.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 9:14 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Swingy, are you experiencing major slowdowns, and script crashes with
your update?

No script crashes. I'm getting "TB is not responding" messages for at
least 15 to 30 seconds each time the program is opened and _after_ it
checks mail. I've done all the usual deleting .msf files etc., to no avail.

It has never exhibited this behavior, in five years of use, until this
last update.

I still like Thunderbird, but I get ****ed since they have started
copying MS, instead of leading. They have removed some features I used.
Now I have to use add ons to get them back.

On 4/2/2012 8:41 AM, Swingman wrote:

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last "update"
has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

FWIW, to any and all ****heads: I'm not the slightest bit intererested
in the fact that _your_ TB installation somehow works perfectly, so if
the shoe fits, somehow contain yourself, and STFU.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 9:47 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

snip

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.

May years ago, I was at a bar that had some Microsoft programmers there.
Every one was drinking and watching a game. I asked one of them about
the fact that every time there was an update, there seemed to be some
perfectly good functions dropped. He made a comment that made perfect
sense and agreed with my own perception. He said that they started out
appealing to geeks and nerds. To increase the business, they had to
appeal to folks who were less computer savvy. So with each upgrade, they
were to "dumb it down". And this was over twenty five years ago.

That solves that question ... I thought it was teenage programmers.

[...]

You left out whiz, bang, flash and blinking bling ... g

Otherwise, you hit the nail on the head ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I miss the old Outlook Express. Now I use Agent.

At least I know that I wasn't missing something. I agree about Outlook
Express. Typical Microsoft. If it works, change it.

Gotta add those useless bells and whistles and bling or it's not
considered progress by the ADD generation

Not to mention that after all these years MSFT still hasn't figured out
an automatic and smooth transition from standard to daylight savings
time. My new Win7 laptop stubbed its toe three times before it finally
got that right.

I switched to Thunderbird as an email/news client, but the last "update"
has now caused it problems.

When things work, ya gotta **** with it in the name of looks, until it
doesn't.
Speaking of Windows 7, anyone else think that it is a step (or three)
backwards from XP (my question mark key is in-op).

Posted to rec.woodworking

Same, but I also get a message that the script crashed.
Also while typing email or newsgroups I don't see my characters for
about 5 seconds. I think they **** the bird.

On 4/2/2012 11:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 11:54 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Same, but I also get a message that the script crashed.
Also while typing email or newsgroups I don't see my characters for
about 5 seconds. I think they **** the bird.

I've been having that problem while typing too (not being able to find
or move the cursor)! It's nice to know I'm not the only one! Maybe we
can look forward to it being fixed!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes--We've all been there. How many times have you kicked
yourself for fixing software that wasn't broke.....

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:13:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:

No script crashes. I'm getting "TB is not responding" messages for at
least 15 to 30 seconds each time the program is opened and _after_ it
checks mail. I've done all the usual deleting .msf files etc., to no
avail.

I haven't seen that behavior under Linux, so it must be an artifact of
the interface with Windows.

What I have seen under Linux, and Windows users might want to check for
it, is that the Firefox browser gradually eats up more and more memory.
I've gotten into the habit of killing and restarting it every week or so.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 11:27 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:13:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:

No script crashes. I'm getting "TB is not responding" messages for at
least 15 to 30 seconds each time the program is opened and _after_ it
checks mail. I've done all the usual deleting .msf files etc., to no
avail.

I haven't seen that behavior under Linux, so it must be an artifact of
the interface with Windows.

What I have seen under Linux, and Windows users might want to check for
it, is that the Firefox browser gradually eats up more and more memory.
I've gotten into the habit of killing and restarting it every week or so.

I killed FF (once-a-week update to fix what they broke on the last one)
after using it for years and went to Chrome. Chrome was sleek and fast
at first, but seems to have suddenly started hammering the cpu in the
past month or so.

Strangely enough, if Chrome starts acting upon on a website, I fire up
IE9, which is embedded like a tick in the OS, and it seems to behave
itself pretty well.

Pendulum's swing ....

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 10:25 AM, CW wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

[...]

All in all, I've had a better "Windows" experience with Vista than I've
had with 64bit Win7 ... far, far fewer small issues, like the DST thing.

Go figure ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in
m:

Speaking of Windows 7, anyone else think that it is a step (or three)
backwards from XP (my question mark key is in-op).

7 is a step forward from XP in many respects but does move backwards in
others. Explorer is broken by a stupid sorting theory (it tries to keep
everything sorted when it should leave them alone). I do like some of the
new keyboard accelerators, and things like the snap interface. They just
make sense.

Puckdropper

--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 10:54 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

Also while typing email or newsgroups I don't see my characters for
about 5 seconds. I think they **** the bird.

Yep, that happens also, but it doesn't seem limited to TB on this laptop
with Win7. I've also noticed it when typing into text boxes in Chrome,
so I figured it was a Win7 aberration.

SOB if TB did not do just that again ... I had to wait for a few
seconds after typing the period after "aberration" above

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 1:20 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
m:

Speaking of Windows 7, anyone else think that it is a step (or three)
backwards from XP (my question mark key is in-op).

7 is a step forward from XP in many respects but does move backwards in
others. Explorer is broken by a stupid sorting theory (it tries to keep
everything sorted when it should leave them alone).

I deleted the Library folders as soon as I learned how that feature
worked. I'll manage my own files, TYVM!

I do like some of the
new keyboard accelerators, and things like the snap interface. They just
make sense.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

I did respond that my installation works, and have worked through many
problem with the many version of TB to get it to work like it does
today. I am sorry that I offended you by offered to help with your
problem when it is obvious you would rather complain that get it fixed.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/2/2012 10:54 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

Also while typing email or newsgroups I don't see my characters for
about 5 seconds. I think they **** the bird.

Yep, that happens also, but it doesn't seem limited to TB on this

laptop
with Win7. I've also noticed it when typing into text boxes in Chrome,
so I figured it was a Win7 aberration.

SOB if TB did not do just that again ... I had to wait for a few
seconds after typing the period after "aberration" above

I had some of that too, plus booting that took very, very long ...
I think I have fixed that now, and I have no idea whether it is related
to your problems. I run Avira paid antivirus, and it does NOT like
either or both of SUPERAntispyware and/or Spywareblaster. I had to
remove both of these nice products from this Win7 machine. As I said, I
have no idea whether this bears on your problems, Karl.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

[...]

Yes, I went back to FF after I had been swearing by Chrome for half a
year. It suddenly got really bolluxed up recently.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02 Apr 2012 18:11:09 GMT, Han wrote:

Swingman wrote in
:

[...]

I tried Chrome for one day. After about the tenth time it went online
by itself, slowing my computer extremely, I erased it with extreme
prejudice, vowing to never again let it darken my doorway.

I wonder what all Google read off my computer in that time...

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:25:23 -0700, "CW" wrote:

================================================= =============
Speaking of Windows 7, anyone else think that it is a step (or three)
backwards from XP (my question mark key is in-op).

Slick and blingy, nice automation, but definitely a step back from XP.
They deprived us of OE (Microsoft's best program of all time) for one.
I have to refer to the Windows 7 Inside Out book every single time I
want to do something. They took perfectly good tech phrases and
twisted them into something unusable, moving all the tech points, etc.
I like Win7, but DAMN, it's frustrating coming up to speed on it.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

[...]

Are any of you guys having problems with TB closing open messages when
it gets new messages? I sometime leave several open and it invariably
closes them on me when I'm not looking. Maddening! Bugzilla doesn't
respond.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 1:05 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I did respond that my installation works, and have worked through many
problem with the many version of TB to get it to work like it does
today.

And, I did not have to work through any problems in the previous five
years of using TB .... until this last update, that is.

I am sorry that I offended you by offered to help with your
problem

My remark was not (originally) intended toward you in the slightest,
(but I'm rethinking that).

Besides asking the asinine question of whether I had contacted tech
support, exactly what was your proffered advice/help again?

when it is obvious you would rather complain that get it fixed.

Horse ****! I _remarked_ on the problem because it has become apparent
that it is not something that a user can fix, except, just maybe, by a
long shot, tired old, bull****, "re-install" mantra that seems to be the
favorite "fix" for your recommended technical advisers above ... and,
any complaint in that regard requires no justification whatsoever.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/2012 2:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I like Win7, but DAMN, it's frustrating coming up to speed on it.

From what I hear, you are going to love to hate Win8.

I better copyright that quickly

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

OE is not the best of all time. Quite the contrary.
Outlook and Outlook express do dumb things to mail.
As a Unix guy I send alert messages to my mail (when I have a job, and
I'm talking my work computer). The text messages are always F'd up on
Outlook.

But not on TB. Outlook unfortunately reformats it. It never winds up
looking like it did. Other mailers don't do that.

There are a load of other things I can say about MS products.
Thankfully I can usually run Cygwin on Windoze at most companies.

I prefer Solaris, or Linux. But that's another story.

On 4/2/2012 3:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:25:23 -0700, wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 4/1/2012 10:45 PM, CW wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" wrote in message

OE is not the best of all time. Quite the contrary.
Outlook and Outlook express do dumb things to mail.
As a Unix guy I send alert messages to my mail (when I have a job, and
I'm talking my work computer). The text messages are always F'd up on
Outlook.

But not on TB. Outlook unfortunately reformats it. It never winds up
looking like it did. Other mailers don't do that.

There are a load of other things I can say about MS products.
Thankfully I can usually run Cygwin on Windoze at most companies.

I prefer Solaris, or Linux. But that's another story.
There is always some technogeek finding creative ways to **** something up
and then saying it's a piece of **** because of it. Then there are the rest
of us that just want something to work and don't go looking for a way to
break it. I knew a guy one time that would intentionally do his best to
break tools just so he could say, when they broke, "They don't make anything
but junk these days". What an idiot!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not creative. It's a tool, and for my purposes, it doesn't do what it's
supposed to. Take a formatted alert message and deliver it.
BTW it delivers it, the message is hard to read.

You're an idiot.