Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Season's Greetings

Well, all the Christmas shopping is done, food is bought and I've
wrestled my way through the liquor store. So, now I'm relaxing with a
six pack and very happy there's no more crowds of crazed shoppers to
navigate.

Season's greetings to everyone here. g

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote

Well, all the Christmas shopping is done, food is bought and I've
wrestled my way through the liquor store. So, now I'm relaxing with a
six pack and very happy there's no more crowds of crazed shoppers to
navigate.

Season's greetings to everyone here. g

I had to deal with the maddening crowds a number of times. I had to take
something back and exchange it in a store with far too many customers. Fun,
fun, fun! And I have to sneak around tonight and wrap the presents. Was a
chore hiding the presents because my beloved did some house cleaning. I hid
the presents in the trunk of my car for a couple of days. And I could not
find a suitable box. So I had to put it in a much larger, irregular shaped
box with a funny lid. I will just wrap and wrap till nothing underneath
shows. Tie some ribbon around it, put some bows on it and put it in a
prominent spot. It won't be pretty, but it will be colorful! I feel like a
thief sneaking around in the night.

Looking forward to Christmas dinner, opening presents, having a drink or two
and watching some football. Also, life is simpler when you don't have to
hide anything from your honey. We got a kitten recently and we are trying
to not put any presents out till the last day or two. Because we know she
will just tear up the wrapping and pull the ribbons off. She constantly
unties my shoe laces.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/23/2011 8:16 PM, Dave wrote:

Well, all the Christmas shopping is done, food is bought and I've
wrestled my way through the liquor store. So, now I'm relaxing with a
six pack and very happy there's no more crowds of crazed shoppers to
navigate.

Season's greetings to everyone here.g

Dave

MERRY CHRISTMAS Dave!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 12/23/2011 8:16 PM, Dave wrote:

Well, all the Christmas shopping is done, food is bought and I've
wrestled my way through the liquor store. So, now I'm relaxing with a
six pack and very happy there's no more crowds of crazed shoppers to
navigate.

Season's greetings to everyone here.g

Dave

MERRY CHRISTMAS Dave!

The tamales are in the steamer, the capirotada is ready, the eggnog has just
a bit of Blue Agave Tequila.
Merry Christmas everybody!!

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:13:30 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/23/2011 8:16 PM, Dave wrote:

Well, all the Christmas shopping is done, food is bought and I've
wrestled my way through the liquor store. So, now I'm relaxing with a
six pack and very happy there's no more crowds of crazed shoppers to
navigate.

Season's greetings to everyone here.g

Dave

MERRY CHRISTMAS Dave!

Yes, Seasoned Greetings and Happy Kwanzaa to all!

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/24/2011 2:11 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

And WHO CARES!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:20:17 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/24/2011 2:11 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

And WHO CARES!

You should. He's our President and it can negatively affect our
future.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/24/2011 2:11 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

And WHO CARES!

You should. He's our President and it can negatively affect our
future.

It has already negatively affected our past.
I will wish him a happy retirement in 2012 tho.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/24/2011 2:11 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

And WHO CARES!

You should. He's our President and it can negatively affect our
future.

It has already negatively affected our past.
I will wish him a happy retirement in 2012 tho.

DAMNED STRAIGHT.

I hate to say anything political, but what do you think of the
Speaker of the house: John Boehner? I don't find him very likeable.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/24/2011 2:11 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(I wonder what Islamic fetes are planned for the Whitehouse...)

And WHO CARES!

You should. He's our President and it can negatively affect our
future.

It has already negatively affected our past.
I will wish him a happy retirement in 2012 tho.

DAMNED STRAIGHT.

I hate to say anything political, but what do you think of the
Speaker of the house: John Boehner? I don't find him very likeable.

I don't find many of the CONgresscritters to be likeable at all,
Boenher included. And I don't want to have to vote for a single
person running for the office of the President next year, either, from
any party. I'd vote for Fred Thompson if Ron Paul ran as VP. That
would be my dream ticket for this next administration. Maybe they
could pare off about 3/4 of the gov't so it's down where it should be:
watching out for our safety, not telling folks who can marry whom,
etc. And if we're going to go to wholesale gov't-run healthcare, all
that fat has to be cut out first, both in the gov't and in all sectors
of the extremely bloated, greedy, healthcare field.

Does that season your greetings?

Have a Happy!

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Larry Jaques" wrote

I don't find many of the CONgresscritters to be likeable at all,
Boenher included. And I don't want to have to vote for a single
person running for the office of the President next year, either, from
any party. I'd vote for Fred Thompson if Ron Paul ran as VP. That
would be my dream ticket for this next administration. Maybe they
could pare off about 3/4 of the gov't so it's down where it should be:
watching out for our safety, not telling folks who can marry whom,
etc. And if we're going to go to wholesale gov't-run healthcare, all
that fat has to be cut out first, both in the gov't and in all sectors
of the extremely bloated, greedy, healthcare field.

Does that season your greetings?

Have a Happy!

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Max" wrote in message
b.com...

"Larry Jaques" wrote

I don't find many of the CONgresscritters to be likeable at all,
Boenher included. And I don't want to have to vote for a single
person running for the office of the President next year, either, from
any party. I'd vote for Fred Thompson if Ron Paul ran as VP. That
would be my dream ticket for this next administration. Maybe they
could pare off about 3/4 of the gov't so it's down where it should be:
watching out for our safety, not telling folks who can marry whom,
etc. And if we're going to go to wholesale gov't-run healthcare, all
that fat has to be cut out first, both in the gov't and in all sectors
of the extremely bloated, greedy, healthcare field.

Does that season your greetings?

Have a Happy!

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max
Makes three of us.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:19:31 -0800, CW wrote:

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max

Makes three of us.

With Larry it's not a philosophy, it's a religion.

One which I do not share :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:48:00 -0700, "Max"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

I don't find many of the CONgresscritters to be likeable at all,
Boenher included. And I don't want to have to vote for a single
person running for the office of the President next year, either, from
any party. I'd vote for Fred Thompson if Ron Paul ran as VP. That
would be my dream ticket for this next administration. Maybe they
could pare off about 3/4 of the gov't so it's down where it should be:
watching out for our safety, not telling folks who can marry whom,
etc. And if we're going to go to wholesale gov't-run healthcare, all
that fat has to be cut out first, both in the gov't and in all sectors
of the extremely bloated, greedy, healthcare field.

Does that season your greetings?

Have a Happy!

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

They're -that- bad (only a SIX percent "goog" approval rating now:
http://goo.gl/PHNk .)

And since I have all the liberal twits filtered, I won't hear all the
"It's Bush' Fault!" and "Bammy's My Baby!" cries unless some idiot
quotes them.

My advice to CONgress: Read the damned Constitution and try to follow
its guidelines. It says nothing about abortion, gays, mandatory health
insurance to private companies, or anything like that.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Blanchard wrote in
:

-----------------
Makes three of us.

With Larry it's not a philosophy, it's a religion.

One which I do not share :-).

Freddie is (IMNSHO) a lowlife prostitute hawking bad mortgages.
Ron Paul - I don't know how to describe him, so I won't ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:25:52 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:19:31 -0800, CW wrote:

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max

Makes three of us.

With Larry it's not a philosophy, it's a religion.

One which I do not share :-).

Au contraire. I don't believe in any organized religion.
If I did, Perot, Thompson, and Paul would be the gods.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Dec 2011 01:17:27 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote in
:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:19:31 -0800, CW wrote:

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max

-----------------
Makes three of us.

With Larry it's not a philosophy, it's a religion.

One which I do not share :-).

Freddie is (IMNSHO) a lowlife prostitute hawking bad mortgages.

Freddie Mac or Fred Thompson? What about your Obama, who whored for
ACORN and, as a member of the Democratic Black Caucus, helped force
Fannie Mae into making bad loans?

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

Ron Paul - I don't know how to describe him, so I won't ...

A smart and compassionate man who somehow got into office, against all
odds. I don't think he'd make a good President.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max
Makes three of us.
/////////////////////////////////
I would so like to see another choice put on the ballot.

NONE of the above. Try again to bring us someone we can vote for.

-- Jim in NC

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morgans wrote:
I'm happy to learn that we share another philosophy. ;-)

Max
Makes three of us.
/////////////////////////////////
I would so like to see another choice put on the ballot.

NONE of the above. Try again to bring us someone we can vote for.

Have you been active in your local party of preference? Have you knocked on
doors, raised money, signed petitions, passed out bumper stickers, attended
conventions or town halls?

If you're like most, you show up on election day to pick between Tweedledum
and Tweedledee, then complain about the choices. You have no influence in
the platforms, policies, or promises of the candidates and have no influence
with the eventual office holder after the contest.

Or, you might decide on election day to "make a statement" by voting for a
third-party candidate. Here's a nasty little secret: the major parties hope
you do. They would like nothing better than to rid themselves of the
malcontents, nay-sayers, cut-purses, and rabble-rousers. They might even
give you a going away present.

Find a candidate, or party, you like and go to work.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or so
ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until then he
seemed a semiviable candidate.

People running for office claim to hold the values of the people they
(aim to) represent. Example: I really didn't like some of the positions
Kirsten Gillibrand appeared to hold as House representative of her NY
district (NY 20th, a largely rural district near and including Saratoga
Springs, including parts of the Adirondacks, Catskills and upper Hudson
Valley). She won appointment to the US Senate replacing Hillary and, to
me at least, has been a pleasant surprise.

So one can argue whether changing one's tune is good or bad - but being
in tune with the most voters shouldn't necessarily be bad. As always, I
do respect others' views ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Have you been active in your local party of preference? Have you
knocked on doors, raised money, signed petitions, passed out bumper
stickers, attended conventions or town halls?

If you're like most, you show up on election day to pick between
Tweedledum and Tweedledee, then complain about the choices. You have
no influence in the platforms, policies, or promises of the candidates
and have no influence with the eventual office holder after the
contest.

Or, you might decide on election day to "make a statement" by voting
for a third-party candidate. Here's a nasty little secret: the major
parties hope you do. They would like nothing better than to rid
themselves of the malcontents, nay-sayers, cut-purses, and
rabble-rousers. They might even give you a going away present.

Find a candidate, or party, you like and go to work.

Good post, I fully subscribe to your statements. There are also other
means than attending smoke-filled rooms to be effective. One reason
other than being cantankerous, that I distribute these bits and bytes
describing my (hopefully reasonable if different) views.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Dec 2011 13:18:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or so
ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until then he
seemed a semiviable candidate.

I don't recall that misstep, Han. I thought it was his realization of
'what a clustergrope the media/political scene in America was' which
drove him out. (He stated it was the low voter support in a Primary.)

People running for office claim to hold the values of the people they
(aim to) represent. Example: I really didn't like some of the positions
Kirsten Gillibrand appeared to hold as House representative of her NY
district (NY 20th, a largely rural district near and including Saratoga
Springs, including parts of the Adirondacks, Catskills and upper Hudson
Valley). She won appointment to the US Senate replacing Hillary and, to
me at least, has been a pleasant surprise.

So one can argue whether changing one's tune is good or bad - but being
in tune with the most voters shouldn't necessarily be bad. As always, I
do respect others' views ...

I agree with you there. Changing their tune in line with new
realizations and truths is usually good.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Dec 2011 13:18:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or so
ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until then he
seemed a semiviable candidate.

His biggest misstep was lack of enthusiasm. I thing he got caught up
in the hoopla that he should run, but did not really want to.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 26 Dec 2011 13:18:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or
so ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until
then he seemed a semiviable candidate.

His biggest misstep was lack of enthusiasm. I thing he got caught up
in the hoopla that he should run, but did not really want to.

Perhaps that was it. I can't remember any specific misstep, but it
indeed appeared that he was rather lackluster as a candidate. And
"hunger" for the presidency seems to be a prerequisite.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:19:19 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

Au contraire. I don't believe in any organized religion. If I did,
Perot, Thompson, and Paul would be the gods.

I never claimed you were organized :-).

But we do agree on religion. Except I'd elevate Tom Jefferson, Thomas
Paine, and Terry Pratchett.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:16:23 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

My advice to CONgress: Read the damned Constitution and try to follow
its guidelines. It says nothing about abortion, gays, mandatory health
insurance to private companies, or anything like that.

Actually, it doesn't say much about anything other than the things
affecting an agrarian society ruled by landed white males.

And of course it doesn't say anything about health care. Back then that
consisted of folk remedies, bleeding, setting bones, and amputating limbs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/26/2011 10:20 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:16:23 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

My advice to CONgress: Read the damned Constitution and try to follow
its guidelines. It says nothing about abortion, gays, mandatory health
insurance to private companies, or anything like that.

Actually, it doesn't say much about anything other than the things
affecting an agrarian society ruled by landed white males.

And of course it doesn't say anything about health care. Back then that
consisted of folk remedies, bleeding, setting bones, and amputating limbs.

The 10th amendment says quite a bit. Of course, FDR effectively
repealed the 10th amendment.

--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure,the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Dec 2011 16:36:40 GMT, Han wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 26 Dec 2011 13:18:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or
so ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until
then he seemed a semiviable candidate.

His biggest misstep was lack of enthusiasm. I thing he got caught up
in the hoopla that he should run, but did not really want to.

Perhaps that was it. I can't remember any specific misstep, but it
indeed appeared that he was rather lackluster as a candidate. And
"hunger" for the presidency seems to be a prerequisite.

I only wish you'd heard his wonderful speeches...

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:15:35 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:19:19 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

Au contraire. I don't believe in any organized religion. If I did,
Perot, Thompson, and Paul would be the gods.

I never claimed you were organized :-).

But we do agree on religion. Except I'd elevate Tom Jefferson, Thomas
Paine, and Terry Pratchett.

I'd agree on the first two, but having painfully tried to read
Pratchett, I cannot understand how anyone would/could/should.
I'm "out there" and can usually read others who are, but this guy? I
tried the first pages of several books and couldn't do it.

Clockwork Orange and Cuckoo's Nest were pristine sanity in comparison.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I only wish you'd heard his wonderful speeches...

I remember that at first I thought, hey, here is a nice well-spoken
conservative. He seems to have a chance at the nomination. Then, and I
forget what it was that he said (so sorry), I thought Oops, that counts
home out.

I liked the way he acted on the cop show, a bit "wooden", but through and
through honest. Now hawking those awful reverse mortgages, he lost my
respect totally. That's a job for unknown and immature actors, not for
well-respected mature real actors.

YMMV!!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Doug Winterburn wrote in
eb.com:

On 12/26/2011 10:20 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:16:23 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

My advice to CONgress: Read the damned Constitution and try to
follow its guidelines. It says nothing about abortion, gays,
mandatory health insurance to private companies, or anything like
that.

Actually, it doesn't say much about anything other than the things
affecting an agrarian society ruled by landed white males.

And of course it doesn't say anything about health care. Back then
that consisted of folk remedies, bleeding, setting bones, and
amputating limbs.

The 10th amendment says quite a bit. Of course, FDR effectively
repealed the 10th amendment.

I am (now) not arguing one way or the other, but Wikipedia says
(referring a bit to the Articles of Confedderation):

After the Constitution was ratified, some wanted to add a similar
amendment limiting the federal government to powers "expressly"
delegated, which would have denied implied powers.[3] However, the word
"expressly" ultimately did not appear in the Tenth Amendment as ratified,
and therefore the Tenth Amendment did not reject the powers implied by
the Necessary and Proper Clause.

As a "living" document, and since the SCOTUS has ultimate interpretation
(and re-interpretation), the Constitution remains ope to discussion.

And that's my final answer ...
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Dec 2011 18:08:59 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I only wish you'd heard his wonderful speeches...

I remember that at first I thought, hey, here is a nice well-spoken
conservative. He seems to have a chance at the nomination. Then, and I
forget what it was that he said (so sorry), I thought Oops, that counts
home out.

I liked the way he acted on the cop show, a bit "wooden", but through and
through honest. Now hawking those awful reverse mortgages, he lost my
respect totally. That's a job for unknown and immature actors, not for
well-respected mature real actors.

YMMV!!!

I'll bet that you'd pee your pants if you found out what he was paid
for those spots. (I'm guessing a whole lot.)

Define "awful reverse mortgages" for me, please. Or are you referring
to one of many scams that are out there for regular and reverse
mortgages?

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'll bet that you'd pee your pants if you found out what he was paid
for those spots. (I'm guessing a whole lot.)

Freddie should pee in his pants, I am not going to grin. I would bet it
is more than my monthly retirement for sure. Which makes it only difficult
to justify for the mortgage company

Define "awful reverse mortgages" for me, please. Or are you referring
to one of many scams that are out there for regular and reverse
mortgages?

Tell me which reverse mortgages are a good deal. I indeed think many if
not all are scams of one kind or another. This one surely is aimed at
elderly who are afraid to be without money and likely easy targets. Seems
to me that a second mortgage wisely invested or a HELOC would be a better
deal.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:00:01 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'd agree on the first two, but having painfully tried to read
Pratchett, I cannot understand how anyone would/could/should. I'm "out
there" and can usually read others who are, but this guy? I tried the
first pages of several books and couldn't do it.

Since we were talking about religion, did you try "Small Gods"? I admit
his humor is a bit strange, but apparently not to the British - he is (or
at least was) the best selling author there.

He has several different Discworld series, here's a link that puts them
in some kind of order. I discovered the witches first and liked them so
I read the series about Death (who always speaks in capitals) and then
the watch and finally unseen university (Rincewind in the chart).

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-...world-reading-
order-guide-20.jpg

If you can find it at the library, try "The Last Hero" if you haven't
already. Pratchett found an illustrator who's just as strange as he is.

And always remember "It's turtles, all the way down!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Dec 2011 00:58:16 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'll bet that you'd pee your pants if you found out what he was paid
for those spots. (I'm guessing a whole lot.)

Freddie should pee in his pants, I am not going to grin. I would bet it
is more than my monthly retirement for sure. Which makes it only difficult
to justify for the mortgage company

Define "awful reverse mortgages" for me, please. Or are you referring
to one of many scams that are out there for regular and reverse
mortgages?

Tell me which reverse mortgages are a good deal. I indeed think many if
not all are scams of one kind or another. This one surely is aimed at
elderly who are afraid to be without money and likely easy targets. Seems
to me that a second mortgage wisely invested or a HELOC would be a better
deal.

Utter nonsense. A HELOC doesn't guarantee that they can keep their home until
they die. It's a completely different deal. A reverse mortgage can be a very
good deal for some seniors.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Dec 2011 00:58:16 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'll bet that you'd pee your pants if you found out what he was paid
for those spots. (I'm guessing a whole lot.)

Freddie should pee in his pants, I am not going to grin. I would bet it
is more than my monthly retirement for sure. Which makes it only difficult
to justify for the mortgage company

Define "awful reverse mortgages" for me, please. Or are you referring
to one of many scams that are out there for regular and reverse
mortgages?

Tell me which reverse mortgages are a good deal. I indeed think many if
not all are scams of one kind or another. This one surely is aimed at
elderly who are afraid to be without money and likely easy targets.

The good ones are those with small origination fees and interest rates
comparable to HELOCs. (prolly hard to find)

http://itsjustmoney.blogs.com/its_ju...e_mortgag.html
Balanced view?

Seems
to me that a second mortgage wisely invested or a HELOC would be a better
deal.

Agreed, but those have to be repaid, starting the next month with a
payment. To some folks, it's either not an option or a bad one. YMMV

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

The good ones are those with small origination fees and interest rates
comparable to HELOCs. (prolly hard to find)

http://itsjustmoney.blogs.com/its_ju...rse_mortgag.ht

ml
Balanced view?

Interesting article. The "bad points" are the clincher to me. But,
there must be a proportion of people for whom it is the best option.
Regrettably, they got in that position by not having enough cushion for
old age expenditures.

Seems
to me that a second mortgage wisely invested or a HELOC would be a
better deal.

Agreed, but those have to be repaid, starting the next month with a
payment. To some folks, it's either not an option or a bad one. YMMV

Prolly. Too bad for them, but luckily I don't believe I have to worry.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Dec 2011 03:02:43 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

The good ones are those with small origination fees and interest rates
comparable to HELOCs. (prolly hard to find)

http://itsjustmoney.blogs.com/its_ju...rse_mortgag.ht

ml
Balanced view?

Interesting article. The "bad points" are the clincher to me. But,
there must be a proportion of people for whom it is the best option.
Regrettably, they got in that position by not having enough cushion for
old age expenditures.

Some by laziness, some by lack of fortune. Lots of people live on what
they make, not being able to save even 10% for a safety pad. Most
don't have computers, large screen TVs, large houses (or Manhattan
apartments), two cars, or any of the amenities you take for granted.
But try to tell that to some idiot CONgresscritter whose bank account
hasn't seen the underside of a million dollars for decades. They live
in a whole 'nother world.

Season's greetings wells Woodturning 1 December 19th 11 10:12 AM
Season's Greetings ! Snag[_3_] Metalworking 1 December 26th 10 05:26 AM
Season's greetings Tony Hwang Home Repair 3 December 23rd 06 09:42 PM
Season's Greetings! Asimov Electronics Repair 0 December 23rd 04 02:01 PM