Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Season's Greetings

On 26 Dec 2011 13:18:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

OK, I found the Fred Thompson spokesman ads. I'm surprise he's doing
them but he is, after all, an actor. Other than this, I haven't seen
him make any bad judgment calls.

He also misstepped really badly as a candidate for primary 4 years or so
ago (IMO, but I forget - luckily what his mistakes were). Until then he
seemed a semiviable candidate.

I don't recall that misstep, Han. I thought it was his realization of
'what a clustergrope the media/political scene in America was' which
drove him out. (He stated it was the low voter support in a Primary.)

People running for office claim to hold the values of the people they
(aim to) represent. Example: I really didn't like some of the positions
Kirsten Gillibrand appeared to hold as House representative of her NY
district (NY 20th, a largely rural district near and including Saratoga
Springs, including parts of the Adirondacks, Catskills and upper Hudson
Valley). She won appointment to the US Senate replacing Hillary and, to
me at least, has been a pleasant surprise.

So one can argue whether changing one's tune is good or bad - but being
in tune with the most voters shouldn't necessarily be bad. As always, I
do respect others' views ...

I agree with you there. Changing their tune in line with new
realizations and truths is usually good.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732