Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Season's Greetings

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:00:01 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'd agree on the first two, but having painfully tried to read
Pratchett, I cannot understand how anyone would/could/should. I'm "out
there" and can usually read others who are, but this guy? I tried the
first pages of several books and couldn't do it.

Since we were talking about religion, did you try "Small Gods"? I admit
his humor is a bit strange, but apparently not to the British - he is (or
at least was) the best selling author there.

He has several different Discworld series, here's a link that puts them
in some kind of order. I discovered the witches first and liked them so
I read the series about Death (who always speaks in capitals) and then
the watch and finally unseen university (Rincewind in the chart).

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-...world-reading-
order-guide-20.jpg

If you can find it at the library, try "The Last Hero" if you haven't
already. Pratchett found an illustrator who's just as strange as he is.

And always remember "It's turtles, all the way down!"