Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Season's Greetings

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Have you been active in your local party of preference? Have you
knocked on doors, raised money, signed petitions, passed out bumper
stickers, attended conventions or town halls?

If you're like most, you show up on election day to pick between
Tweedledum and Tweedledee, then complain about the choices. You have
no influence in the platforms, policies, or promises of the candidates
and have no influence with the eventual office holder after the
contest.

Or, you might decide on election day to "make a statement" by voting
for a third-party candidate. Here's a nasty little secret: the major
parties hope you do. They would like nothing better than to rid
themselves of the malcontents, nay-sayers, cut-purses, and
rabble-rousers. They might even give you a going away present.

Find a candidate, or party, you like and go to work.

Good post, I fully subscribe to your statements. There are also other
means than attending smoke-filled rooms to be effective. One reason
other than being cantankerous, that I distribute these bits and bytes
describing my (hopefully reasonable if different) views.

--
Best regards
Han