Terry King

Default 220V small tool supplier in US??

I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next
month. I want a BOSCH jigsaw, top handle type, and a drywall gun,
prefereably BOSCH, with a 220V or multivoltage charger.

Do any of you know a US supplier of these tools in 220V version??
Or a good European supplier who ships to US??

I don't want to ship to or buy in Africa (Tunisia) due to very high
import duties.

Pointers appreciated.

I can't take the BIG tools with me... :-(

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"
Lew Hodgett

"Terry King" writes:

I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next
month. I want a BOSCH jigsaw, top handle type, and a drywall gun,
prefereably BOSCH, with a 220V or multivoltage charger.

If you already have these tools that operate at 120 VAC, I'd simply get a
500 VA enclosed transformer with the appropriate 220 male plug on a cord
wired to the 220V side and a 120V duplex box with a couple of 120 VAC
receptacles on the 120 VAC side.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Robert Galloway

Terry,
I took 110 volt tools to Europe and bought 220 volt tools which I
have subsequently brought back. Have you thought about a transformer?
I don't know about a drywall gun but a 300 W transformer takes care of
most of my tools and a 2400w takes care of all plus multiple tools as
once. (Heavy to ship)

rhg

Terry King wrote:
I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next
month. I want a BOSCH jigsaw, top handle type, and a drywall gun,
prefereably BOSCH, with a 220V or multivoltage charger.

Do any of you know a US supplier of these tools in 220V version??
Or a good European supplier who ships to US??

I don't want to ship to or buy in Africa (Tunisia) due to very high
import duties.

Pointers appreciated.

I can't take the BIG tools with me... :-(

AL

International Tools sells 220v tools. Try this link:

http://hottoolprices.com/220volt/main.htm

If it doesn't work, go to www.internationaltool.com and poke around for
220v.

I've ordered from them before and can recommend them.

"Terry King" wrote in message
.. .
I need to buy a couple of 220V tools to take to Africa with me next
month. I want a BOSCH jigsaw, top handle type, and a drywall gun,
prefereably BOSCH, with a 220V or multivoltage charger.

Do any of you know a US supplier of these tools in 220V version??
Or a good European supplier who ships to US??

I don't want to ship to or buy in Africa (Tunisia) due to very high
import duties.

Pointers appreciated.

I can't take the BIG tools with me... :-(

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"

Terry King

http://hottoolprices.com/220volt/main.htm
If it doesn't work, go to www.internationaltool.com and poke around for
220v.

Thanks!, I'll try them...

I have shipped a 2400 watt transformer which I'll use for a variety of
stuff around 'home', but I'd like to be able to have a drywall gun and
jigsaw in a toolbox. The transformer weighs 65 pounds...

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"

Robert Galloway

My jigsaw draw about 300w, same for the variable speed drill. The three
hundred watt transformer weighs about the same as the tools. (I'd guess
about four pounds.)
rhg

Terry King wrote:
http://hottoolprices.com/220volt/main.htm
If it doesn't work, go to www.internationaltool.com and poke around for
220v.

Thanks!, I'll try them...

I have shipped a 2400 watt transformer which I'll use for a variety of
stuff around 'home', but I'd like to be able to have a drywall gun and
jigsaw in a toolbox. The transformer weighs 65 pounds...

Terry King

My jigsaw draw about 300w, same for the variable speed drill. The three
hundred watt transformer weighs about the same as the tools. (I'd guess
about four pounds.)

Well. I guess the right thing is to find a smaller transformer, say 300
to 500W. Duty cycle on jigsaw etc. is not too high, and running the
charger on my new Makita Driver takes only 60W. (The 220V version of
this tool was $299, but the 'special' at my independent lumber yard was
$175 for the driver, charger, TWO batteries, flashlight, case and a free
heavy-duty tool belt. So I guess I'm transformer-bound...

Thanks for all the pointers and ideas!

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"

HELP: Single Point Thread Cutting Rob McDonald Metalworking 33 July 16th 04 09:58 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM
Supplier of large briefcase-like tool cases? D.M. Procida UK diy 7 July 11th 03 03:14 PM